Atlanta-based Key! has been making waves since 2009, when him and Curtis Williams founded Two-9. Through mixtapes and records , both with the group and solo, Key! has been working hard to make a name for himself in the always-competitive hip hop world.
Jeezy recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of his classic debut album; Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101, and within that decade of success, the Snowman has become something of a philanthropist.
When all three Migos were arrested at Georgia Southern University in April, on charges of guns and drugs, many pointed the finger at Noisey and their "Atlanta" documentary which starred the rappers.
In December reports circulated about an "Atlanta" TV show Childish Gambino, aka Donald Glover, had been working on. The rapper/actor was prepping a pilot for the network FX, reportedly about the ATL hip-hop scene.
After dropping No Label 2 and Rich Nigga Timeline last year, Migos have spent the months leading up to YRN The Album sharing their music in a more haphazard, less organized fashion.
After garnering regional success with his first and second albums, Thuggin' Under The Influence and Come Shop With ME, Jeezy's big national break came courtesy of 2005's Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101.
Over the course of his career, Travi$ Scott has often been accused of copying others' styles, whether those of Kid Cudi or his mentor, Kanye West, or more recently, Atlanta's trap rappers.
With one of the most distinctive production styles in his Awful Records crew, Archibald Slim usually opts to handle the instrumentals for his albums by himself. In the past, this has led to great, cohesive projects like He's Drunk!
Gucci Mane's now been incarcerated for over a year and a half, and although he arguably put out more albums than anyone else last year, we haven't had much actual contact with the 1017 boss.
Things aren't looking great for Yung Joc after he was pulled over by police for speeding in Atlanta yesterday.
Rich Homie Quan told us on his first mixtape, in 2012, I Go In On Every Song. Next came Still Goin' In and Still Goin' In (Reloaded).
K Camp's latest mixtape, One Way, continues to blow up the streets with hits like "Lil Bit" and "1Hunnid" picking up steam each week. As a gift to fans, K Camp has put together three hot remixes, which he's calling the Atlanta Service Pack.
Following Lil Wayne's performance at Compound nightclub in Atlanta Saturday night, shots were fired towards two of his tour buses. TMZ reports that the shooting occurred around 3:30 AM, as the buses left the venue.
Somebody's been getting salty while watching episodes of 2 Chainz's "World's Most Expensivest Shit." The rapper's just been accused of breaching a contract with an Atlanta entertainment company, Rockmo Entertainment, and is being sued to the tune of $1.5
Right now, Rome Fortune is known for his excellent mixtapes. Last year, he released Beautiful Pimp, Drive, Thighs & Lies (with Dun Deal), and Small VVorld.
After a brief hiatus, Underrated Audio is back. We're back on our mission to supply you with exciting new music you may have missed upon initial browsing, from artists who haven't quite broken the mainstream. The talent is there, the quality uncut.
Along with T.I. and Jeezy, Gucci Mane is among the class of ATL rappers who are credited with founding trap music as we know it today.
Young Dro's been pretty quiet for the past few months, not dropping any new projects since 4/20 lat year, when his dual Purple Label/Black Label tapes dropped on the same day.
Before he was a Grammy-nominated, OVO-signed sensation, iLoveMakonnen was grinding on the mixtape circuit, never sacrificing his weirdness for power plays.
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)1,414 Views18 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"3,182 Views10 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest24,372 Views28 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days10,377 Views54 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest17,577 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal19,135 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"8,547 Views27 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"28,382 Views84 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,055 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date57,266 Views212 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)2,545 Views3 Comments
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test5,786 Views23 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"6,590 Views19 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness14,631 Views14 Comments