The XXL Freshman list is always a huge conversation piece in the rap world, and this year should be no different. While the wait has seemed a little longer than usual, the full list and cover has now been revealed.
As always, this year's XXL Freshmen class was quite a talking point. While much was said about the cover, both positive and negative, one of the most blatant critiques of the class came from Comton rapper Game.
Earlier this afternoon XXL unveiled their 2015 XXL Freshmen cover after much anticipation. The cover's been a long time coming, with artists pushing for their spot several months ago.
It's always interesting to see where producers draw inspiration from when crafting their original instrumentals.
TDE's Black Hippy recently graced the cover of XXL magazine, following which Ab-Soul took to Twitter to express his disdain for the fact that XXL went with the headline "Kendrick Lamar & Black Hippy..." Now ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock have joined in with Soulo's
It’s that time of the year again fam. Everyone’s favorite new artist either get’s selected, or doesn’t. I’m talking 'bout for the cover of XXL Freshman Magazine y’all.
Just a week after VIBE magazine officially shut down their print edition, XXL magazine follows suit.
With #CarterVSeason underway, XXL has decided to slap Lil Wayne on the cover of their August/September issue, with the accompanying article entitled "Lil Wayne: Nothing Left To Prove." Check out the cover and some more snaps from the photo shoot (low-res unfor
XXL are preparing for a big issue this month, as they've got Eminem, Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine gracing their new cover, which is a first. The magazine is celebrating all things Beats Electronics for the upcoming isssue.
Two of New York's hottest rappers, A$AP Rocky and French Montana, grace the cover of XXL Magazine's upcoming March/April issue. Each rapper has his own cover, as well as a joint one together.
XXL's Freshmen list always sparks debates and conversation about the MCs chosen, and those who weren't chosen.
Wow, sad day. This is going to be the last one of these posts that we'll ever do. Anyways, XXL's final print edition is about to hit the shelves, and the cover's just been revealed. G-Unit grace that cover.
Recently a report circulated that Dame Dash and Kanye West were interested in purchasing Karmaloop (although it appears they are about to go bankrupt, so now might not be the best time).
Since being arrested in September 2013, Gucci Mane has been spending his time behind bars. While he's managed to release hundreds of songs from his large cache while incarcerated, he's yet to partake in an interview.
It appears XXL may not actually end all print editions of the hip-hop magazine, at least, this is according to their Editor-in-Chief Vanessa Satten.
In celebration of 40 years of hip hop, XXL is releasing five collector's edition cover issues of their magazine this month. The rappers that are being featured include Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Outkast, Snoop Dogg, & LL Cool J.
Drake Covers XXL Magazine, Talks "Nothing Was The Same," His Image, Amanda Bynes Aug 7, 2013 at 11:15am
More Drake for your Wednesday morning. Drizzy nabbed the upcoming XXL magazine cover, for their 16th anniversary and their 150th issue. This is his first solo cover of the magazine.
- Rihanna Models For Dior Magazine0 Views0 Comments
- Lil Herb Signs Deal With Cinematic Music Group77 Views1 Comment
- Rick Ross Reveals "Black Dollar" Tracklist7,854 Views36 Comments
- 10 Times Rappers Were Banned From Countries2,080 Views8 Comments
- Judge Rules In Favor Of Tom Brady, Lifts 4-Game Suspension2,468 Views0 Comments
- A "Welcome To Death Row" Film Is Being Shopped Around7,276 Views34 Comments
- Janet Jackson Reveals "Unbreakable" Cover Art, Tracklist & Release Date2,796 Views19 Comments
- Migos Annnounce "Back To The Bando"5,320 Views20 Comments
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"8,781 Views48 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival4,782 Views24 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport8,362 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See23,246 Views150 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans4,472 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum24,632 Views136 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?14,141 Views94 Comments