As always, this year's XXL Freshmen class was quite a talking point. While much was said about the cover, both positive and negative, one of the most blatant critiques of the class came from Comton rapper Game.
XXL's Freshmen list always sparks debates and conversation about the MCs chosen, and those who weren't chosen.
It's always interesting to see where producers draw inspiration from when crafting their original instrumentals.
TDE's Black Hippy recently graced the cover of XXL magazine, following which Ab-Soul took to Twitter to express his disdain for the fact that XXL went with the headline "Kendrick Lamar & Black Hippy..." Now ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock have joined in with Soulo's
It’s that time of the year again fam. Everyone’s favorite new artist either get’s selected, or doesn’t. I’m talking 'bout for the cover of XXL Freshman Magazine y’all.
Just a week after VIBE magazine officially shut down their print edition, XXL magazine follows suit.
With #CarterVSeason underway, XXL has decided to slap Lil Wayne on the cover of their August/September issue, with the accompanying article entitled "Lil Wayne: Nothing Left To Prove." Check out the cover and some more snaps from the photo shoot (low-res unfor
XXL are preparing for a big issue this month, as they've got Eminem, Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine gracing their new cover, which is a first. The magazine is celebrating all things Beats Electronics for the upcoming isssue.
Two of New York's hottest rappers, A$AP Rocky and French Montana, grace the cover of XXL Magazine's upcoming March/April issue. Each rapper has his own cover, as well as a joint one together.
Wow, sad day. This is going to be the last one of these posts that we'll ever do. Anyways, XXL's final print edition is about to hit the shelves, and the cover's just been revealed. G-Unit grace that cover.
Recently a report circulated that Dame Dash and Kanye West were interested in purchasing Karmaloop (although it appears they are about to go bankrupt, so now might not be the best time).
It appears XXL may not actually end all print editions of the hip-hop magazine, at least, this is according to their Editor-in-Chief Vanessa Satten.
In celebration of 40 years of hip hop, XXL is releasing five collector's edition cover issues of their magazine this month. The rappers that are being featured include Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Outkast, Snoop Dogg, & LL Cool J.
Drake Covers XXL Magazine, Talks "Nothing Was The Same," His Image, Amanda Bynes Aug 7, 2013 at 11:15am
More Drake for your Wednesday morning. Drizzy nabbed the upcoming XXL magazine cover, for their 16th anniversary and their 150th issue. This is his first solo cover of the magazine.
I'm going to assume everyone's seen the XXL Freshman 2012 list, unless you're seriously out of touch with the internet...in which case you probably wouldn't be on HNHH in the first place. The always controversial list was once again, well, controversial.
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday1,958 Views10 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity4,815 Views39 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend8,597 Views14 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season3,227 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2311,863 Views18 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums5,845 Views13 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 973,962 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs117,724 Views196 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine9,377 Views39 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)7,537 Views12 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL13,939 Views63 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape32,255 Views68 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them7,010 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans7,527 Views9 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)2,303 Views1 Comment
You may also like...