Meek Mill's Artist Lil Snupe Reportedly Shot Dead [Update: Murder Suspect Identified, More Details Emerge] Jun 21, 2013 at 10:03pm
Lil Snupe signed to Meek Mill's Dreamchasers imprint earlier this year, and now we have sad news to report about the rising young rapper.
One Man Dead After Drive-By Shooting Outside French Montana's Tour Bus [Update: More Details Emerge, French Responds] Mar 1, 2013 at 03:35pm
We've heard about a few drive-by shootings lately involving aspiring rappers.
Over the weekend, much of the hip-hop community was shocked to hear that one of the founding members of the New York collective A$AP Mob had passed away. The reason for A$AM Yams', real name Steven Rodriguez, death was unknown, although rumors said it was dru
Back on January 18th, the hip-hop community lost one of its greats when A$AP mob founder, A$AP Yams, was tragically found dead in his NYC apartment. The cause of his death was unknown at the time, but we now have some new details.
Retchy P Says He Wishes Wale Died Instead Of A$AP Yams, Wale & Fat Trel Respond Jan 27, 2015 at 10:03am
The death of A$AP Yams has shook up much of the hip-hop community, and of course those who had working and personal relationships with the Mob co-founder were even more in shock.
Shortly after the passing of Hustle Gang's Doe B, we have more unfortunate news concerning rap affiliates. Waka Flocka's younger brother, Kayo Redd, who was also an aspiring rapper, has passed away.
Man Who Killed Usher's Step-Son With Jet Ski Has Been Arrested [Update: Accused Man Pleads Not Guilty To All Charges] Mar 20, 2013 at 03:57pm
Usher's step-son died after a jet-ski accident last summer, at only 11-years old.
Waka Flocka is not necessarily known for his vulnerability, but our heart has gone out to him since his brother's all-too-recent passing, last December. When he sat down with WKYS, he spoke about how his life is different now, saying:
If you're a fan of 50 Cent, you know what an important role his grandmother played in his life. 50 has previously spoken on how his grandmother, Beulah Jackson, was the person that cared for him the most.
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
As you may be aware by now, Nelson Mandela, one of the greatest leaders of our time, passed away this morning at the age of 95. South African President Jacob Zuma made the announcement via a television address today. "Our nation has lost its greatest son.
Sad news from Los Angeles today. Rapper Earl Hayes, a close friend of Floyd Mayweather's, and his wife were found dead yesterday morning in their Hollywood apartment.
Wu-Tang Affiliate Shyheim Arrested For Killing Man In Hit-And-Run [Update: Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter] Jul 19, 2014 at 10:28pm
A Wu-Tang Clan affiliate Shyheim is in some hot water, after allegedly leaving the scene of a car crash on New Years day around 5 AM, which resulted in the death of another person.
Rich Homie Quan's concerts seem to be developing a pattern of violence, resulting in the death of attendees. In December, a man was fatally shot during a Rich Homie show in Ohio, although the rapper denied having any involvement with the shooting.
Diddy Reveals Cause Of His Father's Death During Howard University Commencement Speech May 12, 2014 at 03:15pm
Diddy handled Howard University's commencement speech this past weekend, during which he shed some light on his youth as well as his time at the university.
In February 2013, rapper Tim Dog's death was reported by The Source magazine. It was reported that Tim Dog, real name Timothy Blair, died of seizures at the age of 46, yet there was no proof of his death, namely, a death certificate.
Drunk Driver At SXSW Kills Two, Leaves Many More Injured & In Critical Condition Mar 13, 2014 at 11:35am
We have some really unfortunate news to report on today, concerning the on-going music conference/festival out in Austin, Texas, South By Southwest.
We reported on the horrific news yesterday that a drunk driver at SXSW ran into a barricade outside of where Tyler, The Creator was supposed to perform, and proceeded to run over innocent pedestrians.
Fool's Gold lost one of their co-founders today, as A-Trak confirmed with an Instagram post. Joshua Prince aka Dust La Rock, was a co-founder of the independent label alongside A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs. He also acted as their art director.
1990s rapper, MC Supreme, was killed in a car crash this past weekend in Malibu. Supreme, real name Dewayne Coleman, was 47-years old.
- #TBT: Chris Brown's Smash Singles606 Views4 Comments
- Lil Wayne's "No Ceilings 2" Tracklist Revealed30,641 Views140 Comments
- Beyoncé Is Putting Out A Line Of Streetwear1,720 Views6 Comments
- A HotNewHipHop Thanksgiving: 10 Things We're Thankful For3,544 Views35 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Debuted Another New Record The Other Night9,222 Views47 Comments
- Lil Wayne Being Sued By Trukfit Model For Using Her Image On T-Shirt18,584 Views72 Comments
- Review: Freddie Gibbs' "Shadow Of A Doubt"10,944 Views143 Comments
- DMX Is Guest-Starring On ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat"4,897 Views28 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th12,780 Views37 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20166,913 Views27 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"14,625 Views60 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption21,378 Views69 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together18,699 Views84 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist9,818 Views20 Comments
- Chris Brown Performs "Zero" On Jimmy Fallon7,567 Views
- Jamie Foxx "In Love By Now" Video1,731 Views
- Lil Wayne "No Ceilings 2" Mixtape Trailer39,843 Views