Artists who performed at the Grammys or (better yet?) won an award, gained more than just the honor—they gained new fans, perhaps reached a wider audience than usual and thus increased sales of their music. Over the past week, overall album sales
All eyes were on the world of music as it was the 55th Annual Grammy Awards, which many artists used as a platform to push new material and make announcements of upcoming projects. As far as the world of hip hop and R&B
Just as we mentioned last week, it seems we now have some chart-toppers that are here to stay, at least for the time being. We've seen the first four artists below consistently on Charts Don't Lie since their respective albums dropped.
Joe Budden's solo LP, No Love Lost, hit stores and the net on February 5th.
Kendrick Lamar was right, “real people want real music, the Jig Is Up.” With A$AP Rocky’s album leaking incredibly early, the very solid debut studio effort from the Harlemite continues to sell. All the albums making our Charts this week
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Thrift Shop” Goes Platinum [Update: "Thrift Shop" Hits Double Platinum] Jan 31, 2013 at 03:46pm
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" is now a certified platinum record, having sold approximately 1.1 million copies to date, sitting at No. 10 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart. The video for the single currently has 42,582,973 views on YouTube.
Gearing up for the release of his anticipated and oft delayed studio album, French Montana is planning to drop his next single “Freaks” which features a verse from Nicki Minaj. Recently, the Bad Boy artist talked about the track, and says, it will
One of the surprising breakout artists of 2012 was the collabo team of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis whose The Heist LP moved some major units, especially considering their indie status. Recently, their big single off the project “Thrift
MMG is beginning to look like a truly unstoppable force as even natural disasters can't seem to stop them, or even slow them down. A few weeks ago we got the release of one of the most anticipated albums of the year in Kendrick Lamar’s GKMC, which has
This week's Charts Don't Lie finds Kendrick Lamar sitting atop the list for good reason.
Winston Churchill stated that, “a fanatic is someone who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.” Thus, the supporters of Lil Wayne, Kanye West and Lil B fit into this framework
2 Chainz results are still being tallied, but with the rumor mill running wild it seems he will top Billboard next week with 140,000 albums sold. Thus, with Based on a T.R.U. Story in lieu, this week’s charts appear very similar to those of
Statistics have been an essential part of the rap game for years. "Who is number one?", "How well will an album debut?", and "Will it reach gold?", are just a few of the recorded facts that can be found here.
- Kidd Kidd Arrested During XXL Freshman Concert In NYC12,163 Views26 Comments
- Scottie Pippen Says He Was LeBron James Before LeBron James4,319 Views0 Comments
- Review: Miguel's "WILDHEART"12,218 Views23 Comments
- Joell Ortiz Says Slaughterhouse's Album "Glass House" Is Done6,178 Views15 Comments
- Young Thug Says Kanye Bought Him A Pair Of Yeezys From A Reseller On eBay9,993 Views0 Comments
- Review: King Los' "God, Money, War" 11,395 Views100 Comments
- Apple Music Officially Launchs, Pharrell Releases "Freedom" On It11,045 Views57 Comments
- The 10 Craziest Tour Riders In Hip-Hop13,335 Views40 Comments
- A$AP Rocky & Wiz Khalifa Announce European Tour9,855 Views25 Comments
- Online Air Jordan Restock Announced For Today5,218 Views0 Comments
- Top Tracks: June 22 - June 2816,404 Views12 Comments
- The Game Ordered To Pay Nanny $200K23,968 Views50 Comments
- Diddy On His Fall At The BET Awards: "I Busted My Ass!"16,698 Views34 Comments
- Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" Will Be Available To Stream For First Time On Apple Music10,856 Views46 Comments
- Meek Mill's Tour Rider Is Mostly Meat & Alcohol20,774 Views44 Comments