This week the race between T.I. and Logic for the top spot on the Billboard 200 comes to a close. Many fans have been anticipating the competition between the OG and the newcomer, and the final tally finds Tip coming out ahead by less than 10,000 copies.
This week we're finding several new entries in the Billboard 200, although nothing took over the #1 spot. Keyshia Cole actually comes out on top this week, debuting at #9, moving 25,000 copies opening week.
Many of 2014's biggest hits seem to tangentially related to hip-hop -- not quite full-blown RAP music -- but definitely in the same neighborhood.
This week we only have one new entry so to speak of, and it's r'n'b/pop singer Jennifer Hudson with her newly-released JHUD. The album didn't do very much damage on the charts, but it still enters within the Billboard's top 10.
Lecrae is on the way to becoming a household name, which is a feat for a rapper, let alone a Christian rapper. The rapper made an impressive debut this past week, with Anomaly topping the Billboard 200 and selling just under 100k, with 88,000.
This week we welcome Jeezy onto the Billboard 200, with his Seen It All album debuting successfully at #2. He wasn't able to trump the pop-power that is Maroon 5, nonetheless he did move more than projected.
Jeezy just dropped off a crazy remix to "Holy Ghost" with Kendrick Lamar, which will definitely do a good job at increasing the awareness of his new album Seen It All. Although, if you're not already aware of it, where ya been?
Our weekly "Charts Don't Lie" feature follows the rise and fall of various hip-hop and R&B albums' sales, and one of the recent mainstays on there has been Pharrell's hugely successful sophomore album, G I R L.
This week we see one new entry below, belonging to October's Very Own's PARTYNEXTDOOR. The r'n'b singer is relatively new, having released his first official mixtape PARTYNEXTDOOR just last summer.
As an actor, Common has definitely been in some major mainstream flicks and get his due recognition for it. As a rapper, Common borders on the underground/conscious scene, although he's not fully immersed in it because he does do double duty acting.
This week we see Trey Songz maintain a spot within the Billboard 200's top 10, although he fell from the grace of #1. We're also seeing just how quickly Robin Thicke's Paula is going to fall off, as it already finds itself nearing the edge of the top 50.
This week Trey Songz's Trigga makes its debut on the Billboard 200 at #1, giving Trey his second #1 album in a row, following up Chapter V. Although Chapter V sold more records in its opening week (135k), Trigga came close under it with 105k.
- Two People Shot Outside Of J Cole’s Concert In New Jersey Monday Night1,251 Views9 Comments
- Drake Roasts Meek Mill At OVO Fest; Opens Up With "Back To Back"96,975 Views298 Comments
- Cassidy Naturally Wasn't Impressed With Meek Mill's Drake Diss32,043 Views53 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 27 - August 23,806 Views5 Comments
- Drake Reportedly Wearing "Free Meek Mill" Shirt At OVO Fest Rehearsal76,236 Views188 Comments
- Lloyd Banks Says That "Cold Corner 3" Will Be A Commercial Release8,868 Views83 Comments
- Review: Migos' "Yung Rich Nation" 13,013 Views65 Comments
- Jeezy Donates 1,000 Backpacks To Atlanta Students2,263 Views24 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's 6 Most Ridiculous Stage Stunts Of 20159,991 Views25 Comments
- Chris Brown Reportedly Plans To Fight Baby Mama For Custody Of Their Daughter10,119 Views25 Comments
- Adidas Is Offering James Harden $200 Million To Leave Nike3,071 Views0 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Kid Cudi's "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"8,567 Views17 Comments
- Nipsey Hussle Apologizes To Black Women Following Distasteful Tweets13,081 Views51 Comments
- Will Smith Rumored To Be Special Guest At Drake's OVO Fest Tonight15,345 Views41 Comments
- Frank Ocean's Brother Trolls Fans With Fake Album Release11,708 Views28 Comments
You may also like...
- JMSN "Need U" Video326 Views
- Ice Cube Shares His Thoughts On Ghostwriting3,564 Views
- Miguel "Crazy Enough" Documentary950 Views