Drake Responds To Kendrick Lamar's "Control" Verse: "He's Not Murdering Me" [Update: Drake Reveals 3 Song Titles & Producers Off "NWTS"] Aug 31, 2013 at 12:31am
For the longest time, it seemed like no one with a direct connection to Kendrick Lamar's "Control" verse had any interest in speaking on it.
There were certainly a lot of "Control" responses within the weeks of Kendrick Lamar's infamous verse, but not one from the actual rappers mentioned. Better late than never, J.
A$AP Rocky Says Kendrick Lamar Is "Smoking Crack" If He Thinks He's "King Of New York" Aug 20, 2013 at 12:45pm
We've certainly heard our share of responses and reactions to Kendrick Lamar's "Control" verse at this point, but it's largely been from artists who weren't actually mentioned in the bars.
Drake On Kendrick Lamar's "Control" Verse: "Are You Listening To It Now, Though?" Sep 23, 2013 at 02:14pm
All the commotion surrounding Kendrick Lamar's "Control" verse has subsided, and one question remains-- are you still bumping the track? It's a question Drake asked during his interview with Elliott Wilson for Elliott's CRWN series.
Lil Wayne finally dropped his latest installment in the Dedication series, D5, and it's definitely got people talking, whether good or bad. One of those people is Lil Kim, who received a mention on Weezy's "Pure Colombia" off the mixtape.
Suge Knight recently appeared on Arsenio Hall and had some harsh words for the major music labels, even going as far as to compare label deals to a slavery, and specifically calling out Kendrick Lamar and Game as having "two of the worst deals in the industry.
Kanye West ranted hard a couple nights ago, directing much of his anger (this time) towards Charlamagne Tha God and Sway from the radio show, "Sway In The Morning." Kanye's comments, which were captured on video, were blasted as the following:
50 Cent and Slowbucks have been entangled in some legal drama ever since Hot 97 Summer Jam went down, and Slowbucks lost his chain thanks to someone snatching it off his neck.
Chris Brown was in the news today for threatening and spazzing out on a valet at the PINZ bowling alley in Studio City last night.
By now the subject of Kendrick Lamar's "Control" verse is almost stale, and we've heard from almost everyone mentioned in the verse (plus those who weren't). One of the rappers we've yet to hear from who received a name-drop is Big K.R.I.T.
Talib Kweli Speaks On Reports That Yasiin Bey Is Not Allowed To Return To U.S. May 29, 2014 at 03:05pm
The other week a report surfaced that Yasiin Bey, better known as Mos Def, had to cancel a string of U.S. tour dates because he was not allowed to re-enter the United States.
Among other things, Big K.R.I.T.
The responses to Kendrick Lamar's infamous "Control" verse came fast and furious, and Fabolous was one of the first to threaten to get in the studio upon hearing it.
50 Cent Responds To Game's G-Unit Petition, Remains Adamant Reunion Won't Happen Feb 1, 2013 at 02:06pm
Although Game is putting a lot of effort into attempting a G-Unit reunion, including an online petition, 50 Cent remains adamant it will never happen. The music mogul, who is busy with a ton of other business ventures on his plate, obviously has no desire
Trinidad James was in the crossfire of Joe Budden's response to Kendrick Lamar, "Control." The New York native said of the ATLien, "this ain’t for bandwagon fans, sit ya asses in the same spot/y’all the same niggas that made Trinidad James hot." Trinidad
Wale Says He'd Be Offended If His Name Wasn't Mentioned By Kendrick Lamar In "Control" Aug 15, 2013 at 10:15am
Many rappers who were not name-dropped by Kendrick Lamar in his buzzing verse on "Control" have decided to record a response, while those rappers who were called out have yet to do so.
With MTV's complete list of the "Hottest MCs" revealed, there is definitely room for debate. However, the general consensus is that the #1 hottest MC in the game is, perhaps unsurprisingly, Kendrick Lamar.As Dr. Dre's artist, K.
While talking to TMZ, Wale says he would have been offended if his name wasn't in the verse, before adding he still feels like the best rapper on the planet. Do you agree?Thoughts? Peep the new visual for Wale's Wale Feat.
- R. Kelly Announces New Album "Buffet"1,771 Views8 Comments
- Chance The Rapper & Social Experiment Drop "SURF" On iTunes; Available For Stream35,839 Views163 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Continues To Film "Alright" Video In Los Angeles10,745 Views46 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Snoop Dogg, Yelawolf & More To Play Riot Fest3,591 Views13 Comments
- 10 Essential RL Grime Tracks6,901 Views11 Comments
- John Wall Kicked Off Flight After One Of His Boys Threatened A Passenger4,698 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown: "I Refuse To Be Petty & Attention-Seeking"18,845 Views69 Comments
- Stream Little Simz's "AGE 101: DROP 4" EP1,795 Views7 Comments
- Text Like Kanye West With The New 'YeBoard App8,869 Views21 Comments
- #TBT: Ludacris2,496 Views13 Comments
- Chance The Rapper's "SURF" Is Complete, Full Of Guest Appearances41,014 Views28 Comments
- Review: A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."28,504 Views222 Comments
- Dwight Howard Says He's 'Still A Champion' After Blowout Loss2,805 Views0 Comments
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More3,219 Views8 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"26,679 Views36 Comments
You may also like...
- Drake Shouts Out Amir Obe in Detroit1,589 Views