Yesterday, news circulated that our good homie Boogie had officially inked a deal with Interscope-- only the label that houses soon-to-be rap legends like Kendrick Lamar, as well as veritable-legends like Dr. Dre and Eminem.
CyHi The Prynce Clarifies Label Situation, Speaks On Making "Elephant In The Room" Aug 13, 2015 at 07:52pm
CyHi The Prynce shook things up when he dropped "Elephant in the Room," a fictional narrative where he shot up the Def Jam offices while kidnapping Kanye West and throwing lyrical daggers at G.O.O.D. Music artists.
During his performance at KMEL Summer Jam in the Bay Area, Lil Wayne decided to make a very special announcement to the crowd. "I just signed a deal with my motherfucking idol, Jay Z," Wayne declared to cheering fans.
It seemed as though SoundCloud was in a bit of trouble after it was unable to strike up a deal with Sony, meaning songs from heavy-hitting artists such as Adele and Kelly Clakson were removed from the site.
Waka Flocka has been keeping his name afloat in our daily news feed, thanks to his announcement as a 2016 presidential candidate as well as news about his upcoming album Flockaveli 2 and how he doesn't "deserve" a Kanye West feature.
Curren$y Speaks On Collaborating With Riff Raff & Wanting To Sign Joey Fatts To Jet Life Mar 9, 2015 at 05:16pm
Curren$y sat down with our boy Baker for an interview after a show the other week, and spoke on what to expect from the upcoming Pilot Talk instalment, Pilot Talk 3.
Bobby Shmurda has been locked up for the last few months, and it's become clear that his label EPIC Records, will not come rushing to his aid the way many, including the rapper himself, assumed.
Mariah Carey did not have the best 2014. Despite releasing a solid late career record, the iconic singer experienced a record low in album sales, with Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse still sitting at just over 100,000 sold.
Despite tensions running high between Lil Wayne and Birdman, and by extension, Young Money and Cash Money, YM is still keeping business alive and well, signing a new singer to their roster.
Lil Wayne On Cash Money: "I'm In A Bad Situation, But I Will Be Out Of It Soon" [Update: Wayne Says There's "Nothing Else" But Young Money] Dec 11, 2014 at 05:04pm
When Lil Wayne took to Twitter earlier this week to announce the delay of Carter V, it wasn't all that surprising. What was surprising was his vocal frustration with both the label and his mentor/father figure Birdman.
T.I. Speaks On The Possibility Of Signing Troy Ave, Confirms He's "Definitely Hustle Gang" Oct 24, 2014 at 03:54pm
Troy Ave has certainly been showing up on plenty of Hustle Gang records as of late, and speculation has grown that the New York purist has signed with T.I.'s label. In an interview with Rap-Up, T.I.
Snoop Dogg caused a bit of a controversy this week, when he randomly targeted Iggy Azalea in a series of social media posts, beginning with some memes, before escalating to threats and name-calling.
The third-party news keeps coming in on Kanye West's new album. Has everyone heard it except for the masses? While 'Ye himself refuses to speak out on the album, his team has been talking every chance they get (kinda).
Rich Homie Quan was dismissed by many as a one-hit wonder early on, but with three radio hits this year alone (that's two more than Future, who he's often been compared to) he's solidified himself as a force to be reckoned with.
Daylyt has seemingly appeared at the top of the game from out of nowhere. After making his television debut last week on the Shady Films reality series "Road to Total Slaughter," the battle rapper turned heads on Ab-Soul’s These Days… with an exte
The other week we learned of Young Thug's connection to the newly-launched 300 label. Kevin Liles, one of the label's executives, revealed that they have some sort of deal with Thugga although the exact details remain unclear.
Young Thug seems to be signing deals with just about everyone these days. Today it's being reported that Thugga is signed to the independent label 300, helmed by Lyor Cohe and Todd Moscowitz.
Rihanna has been with Def Jam since 2005, a deal she signed when Jay Z was still behind the label. In fact, as the story goes, Hov apparently wouldn't let Rihanna leave the room before putting some ink on the contract.
YG has seen plenty of success with his debut album My Krazy Life, and some of this success is due to the catchy, new West Coast sound provided by YG's partner in crime, DJ Mustard.
Nas Signs Boldy James On Newly-Launched Mass Appeal Imprint [Update: Boldy James Denies Signing To Mass Appeal] Apr 18, 2014 at 04:12pm
Boldy James is one of the illest rappers you probably haven't listened to yet, but we can expect that all to change very soon now that he's got the backing of the original Illmatic MC, Nas.
- Safaree Samuels Covered Up His Nicki Minaj Tattoo1,669 Views13 Comments
- DeJ Loaf Hits The Studio With Pharrell & Pusha T1,219 Views8 Comments
- Curren$y Announces "Canal St. Confidential" Release Date1,583 Views16 Comments
- Ranking The Top-10 Most Valuable Nike Foamposites 520 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Was Reportedly Set To Perform At This Year's VMAs15,128 Views46 Comments
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week3,714 Views17 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers16,090 Views38 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit23,143 Views45 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,0001,847 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20153,676 Views5 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign17,654 Views45 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK10,693 Views33 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL2,753 Views17 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"16,984 Views51 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida10,845 Views81 Comments
You may also like...
- K Camp Freestyles On Funkmaster Flex1,191 Views