Does Drake Season ever end? The rapper continues to keep a chokehold on the rap game, from his participation in Apple Music's Beats 1 radio, to his co-sign remixes, to his features, the rapper can seemingly do no wrong.
Vince Staples' debut album, Summertime '06, was definitely a strong piece of work from the Long Beach native, and received mostly rave reviews, including from us. However did that translate into sales for the young Def Jam signee?
The III Points Festival at Mana Wynwood in Miami isn't until October, but attendees have a lot to look forward too, as announced in a press release today. Ghostface and MF DOOM will team up as DOOMStarks, and perform unheard material.
Vic Mensa debuted a pair of new tracks during his performance at Echoplex in L.A. Thursday night. The first was "No Chill," which incorporates Allen Iverson's "practice" speech into its hook.
Travi$ Scott Enlists Kanye West, Metro Boomin & More For Production On "Rodeo" Jun 3, 2015 at 12:30pm
Travi$ Scott is still working on his debut studio album, Rodeo, after announcing the project this past January. The rapper initially teased a March release, but hasn't revealed too many details since then.
Despite earning a strong co-sign from T.I., Troy Ave has been adamant about keeping things independent, dedicating the title of his new album to the mindset.
Vince Staples was definitely one of the highlights at the HNHH-sponsored Action Bronson "South by South Wonderful" showcase (apart from the headliners, Curren$y and Action, of course).
It was estimated last week that Drake's surprise release, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, would move around half a million units in its first week out.
Game dropped his debut album, The Documentary on January 18th, 2005, and if you were old enough to buy the album then, you'll probably feel pretty old when you realize it's celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2 weeks.
Jay Electronica has been popping up more frequently this year than in recent memory, giving selective rappers a new verse and performing alongside Common for his "Nobody's Smiling" tour. We even saw him in the studio with No I.D.
Before his new album You're Dead! dropped, Flying Lotus revealed that he had a ton of collaborations in the bank with Kendrick Lamar. He said at the time, "He took, like, 12, 13 of my tracks, man. I think he recorded all of them, too.
Another album stream for your listening pleasure today. We've already received streams for Tinashe's Aquarius album, and two Prince albums, Art Official Age and PlectrumElectrum. Elijah Blake now lets go his Drift EP to stream on Spotify.
Dreamville Rapper Cozz Reveals Artwork & Tracklist For Debut Mixtape "Cozz & Effect" Sep 29, 2014 at 02:55pm
Last week, Cozz ended the week with the release of a new record "Wait's Over," declaring that his debut mixtape on the Dreamville imprint would be arriving shortly.
The numbers have arrived for Chris Brown's long-awaited album X. The projections determined that Breezy's new album would sell around 120,000 units opening week. However, the final numbers surpass this.
Lecrae's "Anomaly" Debuts At #1 On Billboard 200, Jhene Aiko's "Souled Out" At #3 Sep 17, 2014 at 11:11am
The race between Lecrae and Jhene Aiko for the Billboard 200 #1 spot was a close one, but Lecrae has come out on top. The rapper's new album Anomaly snagged a #1 debut, after moving a reported 88,299 units, according to Hits Daily Double.
Awhile back, Chance The Rapper was on Tony Touch and decided to preview a new "Untitled" record. The record cut short, but many of our astute commenters observed that there was a hint of what sounded like J. Cole towards the end.
- DJ Rhettmatic Confirms Dr. Dre X DJ Premier Collab3,490 Views19 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Applies For Full Custody Of Their 1-Year Old9,490 Views42 Comments
- Young Thug Pushes Back "Hy!£UN35" Release To September8,728 Views68 Comments
- Eminem Details His Recovery After 2007 Pill Overdose23,000 Views72 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: July 20155,125 Views8 Comments
- Jay Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" Rereleased On Vinyl With Hidden Track 18,495 Views39 Comments
- 10 Essential SBTRKT Tracks3,465 Views8 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Was Arrested For Disorderly Conduct After His Lollapalooza Stunt14,904 Views49 Comments
- Drake Says He Hasn't "Taken A Loss" All Week58,135 Views339 Comments
- Underrated Audio: July 26- August 14,069 Views4 Comments
- Remy Ma Shares Thoughts On One Year Anniversary Of Her Release From Prison6,615 Views12 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 1st17,611 Views51 Comments
- Stream Dr. Dre's Full Beats 1 Show, "The Pharmacy" 15,171 Views42 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (July 25-31)7,206 Views8 Comments
- Dr. Dre Says "Detox" Is Scrapped, "Compton: The Soundtrack" Out Next Week58,087 Views248 Comments