Rich Homie Quan has one of the biggest rap songs in the country right now, so it only made sense that he was scheduled to perform his hit, "Flex" on the main stage at the BET Awards.
Police were taking no chances with BET afterparties this year. In what was likely a reaction to a shooting at an event following the awards in 2014, cops came were in abundance outside of Meek Mill's party last night.
The story of one of rap's most important crews, N.W.A, will be told on the big screen this summer. To celebrate the biopic, "Straight Outta Compton," the veteran rap group will reunite on stage for the first time in 26 years.
The 2015 BET Awards go down on Sunday, June 28th, and today, we've got the full list of nominees. Check out the hip hop-related ones below, and the full thing here. Best female R&B/Pop artist BeyonceJanelle MonaeJhene AikoCiaraRihanna
The phrase "it's a movie" is used pretty often in the rap game to describe an epic or cinematic piece of music, but less often do rappers actually produce films themselves.
If you grew up a rap fan, you probably have at least a couple of fond memories attached to BET's 106 & Park. If you witnessed the AJ and Free era of the show, perhaps you were even raised on it.
What's this, a reissue of Nellyville? Unfortunately no, there's no news of a reissue of or sequel to Nelly's 2002 album (the 14th best selling rap release of all time), but it is the name of an upcoming reality series that the St.
BET Issues Apology For Blue Ivy Joke Read By Karrueche Tran [Update: Producer Reportedly Suspended] Aug 28, 2014 at 10:27am
If you're on Twitter daily, you probably noticed an influx of hate-tweets directed to Karrueche Tran in the past few days, after she read an insensitive joke about Blue Ivy's hair while on BET.
On top of being a great rapper, Webbie is a pretty hilarious character. The Baton Rouge rapper known for recording plenty of records with Boosie in his early days has one of the most hilarious Breakfast Club interviews out there.
If you can't get enough of Chris Brown's law-breaking antics, you're in luck. According to a report by TMZ, BET is currently in the process of developing a reality TV series for the R&B star.
Travi$ Scott is better known for his production skills than his lyrical ability, but he unfortunately missed an opportunity to prove himself as a rapper with his latest BET Cypher freestyle.
Outside of Kendrick Lamar's infamous "Control" verse, we're in the no-names era of rap disses. While rappers sub-tweeting each other in their verses can be interestingly cryptic, it's often led to listeners creating beef that doesn't exist.
Drake is pretty open about his relationships and flings, as his music usually incorporates the females in his life. It seems even when he was 14 years old he was writing tracks about his girls.
The BET Awards are always eventful. This past weekend the event rounded up some of the biggest names in the hip-hop industry, to dish out awards, perform on stage, walk the red carpet, and generally keep things hip-hop.
TDE & Interscope Present Kendrick Lamar With Platinum Plaque For "good kid, m.A.A.d City" Jun 30, 2013 at 05:25pm
The annual BET Experience Music Festival took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles last night, and included performances from Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Miguel and more.
Drake may not have released an album in 2012, but he definitely had a big year. The Toronto rapper is nominated for 12 BET Awards, appearing in 4 of the nominations for Video Of The Year.
Looks like BET has managed to get a hold of Chris Tucker amidst his demanding schedule of filming "Rush Hour" sequels. The comedian is lined up to host the 2013 BET awards in June, taking the reins from Samuel L. Jackson, who handled the duties last year.
Performances From Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Trinidad James & More At BET's "Rip The Runway" Mar 21, 2013 at 09:45am
BET's 9th annual "Rip The Runway" aired on T.V. last night. The event, which celebrated fashion and music, was hosted by Kelly Rowland and Boris Kodjoe at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City.
With the anniversary of B.I.G.'s untimely passing just this past Saturday, March 9th, Hot 97 and BET have joined forces for a tribute cypher which incudes Joey Bada$$, Maino, Uncle Murda, Lil Cease, Fred The Godson, N.O.R.E., and Joell Ortiz.The cypher hos
Beyonce, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar & R. Kelly Headline The BET Experience 2013 Feb 12, 2013 at 03:20pm
BET is making sure to cover all arenas for the upcoming BET Experience 2013, which runs from June 28-30. They've got pop, r'n'b, old school and new school rap in the line-up.Beyonce, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, and R.
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music3,184 Views15 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"13,561 Views45 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast10,196 Views2 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon12,012 Views29 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour14,276 Views32 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1613 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance35,515 Views124 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"28,272 Views253 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance30,060 Views45 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm32,258 Views207 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest1,482 Views7 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 13,535 Views29 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall5,153 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”40,718 Views149 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail37,638 Views95 Comments