Rappers' feature film debuts are rarely as successful as T.I.'s in ATL. The 2006 film, directed by prolific music video director Christopher Robinson, earned pretty good reviews, and a cult-like appreciation upon release.
By now, you probably know that A$AP Rocky has a role in the independent film "Dope," and that the film sold for $7 million following a successful showing at Sundance Film Festival.
The phrase "it's a movie" is used pretty often in the rap game to describe an epic or cinematic piece of music, but less often do rappers actually produce films themselves.
As a musician, Kid Cudi's been called a lot of things, but "pop genius" might not be one of them. As an actor, that's a different story entirely, as he's just been tapped to appear as a "brilliant musical prodigy" in the CBS show "Scorpion."
This year's already brought two bits of great news for fans of Donald Glover (or Childish Gambino)'s acting talents.
As of right now, Rihanna's acting experience is limited to a hilarious cameo in "This Is The End" and a role in the ill-fated board game adaptation "Battleship." Her resumé is not exactly exceptional in that department, but it didn't stop the producers of the
Calling all of Childish Gambino's female fans -- you may soon get the chance to see your boy play a stripper in a movie.
Bow Wow (who's recently insisted on using his real name, Shad Moss) has been acting almost as long as he's been rapping, with career-making roles in "Like Mike" and "Roll Bounce" already under his belt at this point.
As an actor, T.I. already has a stellar resumé that includes roles in "ATL," "American Gangster" and "Identity Thief," as well as his several stints in the reality TV world.
50 Cent stays busy in multiple lanes. When he's not working on music for Animal Ambition and possibly Street King Immortal, he's kept himself busy with roles in TV production, and motion pictures as well.
We've seen Kid Cudi's acting chops in the now-cancelled "How To Make It In America" as well as an appearance on "The Cleveland Show," and while we await new music from the rapper we'll be seeing him act once more in a Fox comedy, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine."
Childish Gambino Set To Write & Star In FX Comedy Series Involving Atlanta Music Scene Aug 6, 2013 at 03:57 PM
Childish Gambino, also known as Donald Glover, announced recently that he would be taking a step back from comedy in order to focus on music. He now seems to be going back on his word, revealing plans for a new series for FX called "Atlanta".
It seems Eminem turned down a leading role in the upcoming Hollywood science fiction film "Elysium" because his native city of Detroit wasn't chosen as the film's primary location. The lead role was instead given to Matt Damon, who was actually director Neil
Tupac has been immortalized by many, whether it's through music or through film. Gillie Da Kid will continue the tradition by playing the legendary rapper in an upcoming film about Suge Knight.
After her recent stint on FOX's "American Idol", Nicki Minaj has made her presense known in both the music scene and on the small screen.
We first saw 2 Chainz' acting chops when he appeared on an episode of "2 Broke Girls." Now the rapper returns to the small screen, with a cameo in a "Law & Order: SVU" episode.
Hopefully Usher's r'n'b singing and dancing skills translate well into the art of boxing. The singer has been tapped for an upcoming film, where he'll play boxer Sugar Ray Leonard. The film, titled "Hands Of Stone," is about boxer Roberto Duran.
Nicki Minaj has already made her T.V.
Gucci Mane made headlines yesterday, hilariously enough, when it was revealed by the director of "Spring Breakers," Harmony Korine, that the rapper fell asleep during his sex scene in the film. Yesterday we heard the details of what transpired on the set that
- Lil Wayne Joins Instagram5,180 Views23 Comments
- TBT: The Roots1,142 Views2 Comments
- Dame Dash Confirms He And Kanye West Are Buying Karmaloop11,261 Views29 Comments
- Yung Gleesh Reportedly Charged With Sexual Assault [Update: He's Been Arrested]13,217 Views39 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Will Never Release The Song From His Colbert Performance16,734 Views87 Comments
- Ludacris' Best Punchlines4,671 Views18 Comments
- Dr. Dre Wants To "Inspire" People With "Straight Outta Compton" Biopic4,838 Views29 Comments
- The Weeknd Now A Coachella Headliner4,128 Views19 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Action Bronson1,170 Views10 Comments
- 10 Most Expensive Nike Air Maxes At Flight Club Right Now1,250 Views0 Comments
- iLoveMakonnen's Essential "Drink More Water" Cuts5,526 Views17 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Explains Rakim Influence On Sophomore Album Title7,987 Views27 Comments
- Stream Ducko McFli's & Jace's New EP "Dreams"1,107 Views4 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: March 26 (Action Bronson Edition)1,025 Views3 Comments
- T-Pain's New Mixtape Will Feature Unheard Aaliyah Vocals [Update: Full Tracklist Revealed]17,751 Views57 Comments