The Weeknd's debut major label release has already been certified gold, since being released on November 13th, 2012. The young Toronto r'n'b singer saw early success with his mixtape series, and soon turned the tapes into a whole project released as Trilogy.
You may remember when Kendrick was preemptively awarded a platinum plaque for good kid, m.A.A.d city back in June. At that point one million copies of the album had been shipped, but it was not until this week that the record's sales finally hit 7 figures.
Many of 2014's biggest hits seem to tangentially related to hip-hop -- not quite full-blown RAP music -- but definitely in the same neighborhood.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Thrift Shop” Goes Platinum [Update: "Thrift Shop" Hits Double Platinum] Jan 31, 2013 at 03:46pm
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" is now a certified platinum record, having sold approximately 1.1 million copies to date, sitting at No. 10 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart. The video for the single currently has 42,582,973 views on YouTube.
Slowly but surely, Yeezus has become Kanye West's 6th platinum album (7th including Watch The Throne). The RIAA announced today that 1,000,000 units of the divisive album had been shipped out.
Back in October, many industry insiders were surprised by the early sales estimates for T.I.'s most recent album, Paperwork. After a day of sales, forecasts had the album selling roughly 70,000 units in its opening week.
Its good to be YG right about now. Having recently launched his single "My Nigga" to phenomenal success and, as of now, platinum success, the song serves as a lead single from his upcoming album "My Krazy Life", which should drop this March.
Over the weekend Beyoncé shared the fun and DIY music video for one of her new records off the re-release of her self-titled album, "7/11," and today we've got the full album to stream via Spotify.
Slow and steady wins the race, or so they say. In an era of immediate consumption and instant gratification, we want something the second it becomes available, if not before.
After rumors of a possible new Beyonce album circulated over the weekend, the singer has confirmed a limited edition box set for her self-titled Beyonce album.
Justin Timberlake's winning streak continues. The artist's comeback proved to be a very fruitful one, after selling aroud 980k copies of his album opening week, The 20/20 Experience went platinum quickly after.
// In just over a month, Drake's album, Nothing Was The Same has achieved Platinum status. Drizzy's 3rd retail effort moved 38,274 copies this week, which has pushed it over the 1 million mark.
Drake's "Take Care" Goes Double Platinum, "Started From The Bottom" Goes Platinum Apr 10, 2013 at 11:57am
Drake saw quite a bit of success this past week, with both the rapper's new ish and old achieving new heights sale-wise. HHNM reports that Drizzy's sophomore album, Take Care, went double platinum, hitting the 2 million mark in sales.
TDE & Interscope Present Kendrick Lamar With Platinum Plaque For "good kid, m.A.A.d City" Jun 30, 2013 at 05:25pm
The annual BET Experience Music Festival took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles last night, and included performances from Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Miguel and more.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "Can't Hold Us" Hits Platinum [Update: Song Hits No. 1, Makes Billboard History] May 8, 2013 at 02:12pm
After the success of their last single "Thrift Shop", Macklemore and Ryan Lewis have added another platinum hit under their belt. The duo's recent single, "Can't Hold Us", has officially hit platinum.
As reported by Complex, Future has confirmed via Twitter that he, Lil' Wayne and Drake's huge "Love Me" single has been certified platinum, having sold more than a million individual units to date. The same can't be said of Wayne's I Am Not A Human Bein
Mac Miller's "Donald Trump" has had its fair share of trouble. First, the song's namesake, Donald Trump, seemed pleased with the track, and praised Mac for it, then he switched up his tone completely and wanted to sue Mac over it.
Justin Timberlake's second The 20/20 Experience hasn't been doing as well as the first-- but that's not saying much, considering the first basically went platinum in a week.
RIAA Now Includes Audio & Video Song Streams In Gold & Platinum Certification May 9, 2013 at 11:11am
As the music industry continues to adjust to the age of the Internet, The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has announced a new change in their certification of Gold and Platinum awards.
Adding to Rihanna's already long list of awards and achievements is the news that her latest album, Unapologetic, has officially gone platinum.
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"8,717 Views31 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight717 Views2 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"1,178 Views6 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"19,065 Views135 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall2,854 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"6,695 Views56 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram20,890 Views59 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"2,159 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)5,066 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney6,928 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music9,212 Views27 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"17,611 Views46 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast13,003 Views3 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon15,803 Views36 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour19,230 Views34 Comments
You may also like...
- Sonny Digital "Good" Video979 Views