Most rappers tend to wear their money, showing off the goods with flashy jewelry and eccentricity. Many have ventured into actually designing and producing clothing, resulting in meagre results.
While earlier this week it seemed that things were going south for online streetwear distributor Karmaloop, they may have found a way out of their imminent bankruptcy.
The other week Drake revealed his hat collaboration with New Era, supporting the Toronto Blue Jays. The special limited edition cap will only be available at the OVO Fest in Toronto.
In celebration of the contribution hip-hop has made to fashion, HotNewHipHop will look at the 20 most fashionable rappers of all time through the decades, from the 1980s to the present, from shelltoe Adidas and gold chains, Coogi sweaters and shiny suits.
Drake's OVO imprint is teaming up with his own label, Cash Money, to drop a new Cash Money x OVO-themed capsule collection, just in time for your holiday purchases.
According to a report in the New York Post's celebrity news and gossip column Page Six, a source close to Kanye West is making the claim that Yeezus is about ready to put down the mic and focus on fashion.
While anticipation grows for A$AP Rocky's second album's release, At.Long.Last.ASAP (A.L.L.A), Rocky has been up to a lot more than just rapping.
A$AP Rocky Says It Makes Him Upset That Homosexuality "Even Matters When It Comes To Hip-Hop" Mar 25, 2013 at 10:52am
A$AP Rocky has had a big year, not only in hip-hop but in fashion. The rapper has appeared in countless fashion magazines, including the covers of some big ones, to talk about his fashion-taking risks just as much as his Southern-influenced hip-hop sound.
Purported "Fashion Killa" A$AP Rocky caused quite a stir in the garment world with his recent track "Multiply." Rapping “I ain’t really fuckin’ with that BEEN TRILL" and "HBA shit is weak, you can keep that" on the recent single, Rocky even incited a res
We've seen Tinashe really pop off in 2014, from her single "2 On" taking over clubs and airwaves, to her debut album Aquarius making many year-end lists. She's slowly becoming a superstar, and with that, magazine covers and photoshoots inevitably follow.
Although fashion has always been a part of hip-hop culture, it's been taken to a new level in recent years thanks to artists such as A$AP Rocky, Kanye West, Pharrell, 2 Chainz and Danny Brown.
As we've seen with Kanye West related news stories -- especially recently -- things often get blown out of proportion. The latest headline being circulated is that he and Kim Kardashian were booed at a Lanvin show during Paris fashion week.
Curren$y Reveals Ab-Soul, French Montana, Wiz Khalifa & More Featured On "Pilot Talk 3" Jul 30, 2014 at 12:40pm
Curren$y recently had a show out in DC, and we were able to catch up with him after the show for a sit-down about his highly anticipated Pilot Talk 3 album.
By now fans of A$AP Rocky are aware that along with the rapper comes a unique fashion sense. The New York native is outspoken about his fashion choices, bringing high fashion to the forefront. Although some criticize what he wears, Rocky has no apologies.
Today, wearers of OVO apparel across the world rejoice. The Toronto label announced via Twitter that they will release their summer 2015 fashion collection at their flagship Toronto store on June 20 and online on June 24.
Jay Z made a song dedicated to Tom Ford last year, one of Harlem's hottest rappers wears strictly skinny jeans (A$AP Rocky), and one of the industry's most talked about rappers (Kanye West) is addicted to high-fashion.
Jay Z's "Tom Ford" off his Magna Carta Holy Grail album thrust designer Tom Ford into the hip-hop consciousness, and the lyrics "I don't pop molly / I rock Tom Ford" became the go-to for those against the molly craze (and those tired of it).
ASAP Rocky was one of the first rappers to capitalize off the instantaneous nature of viral success. The NYC rapper's fame came so quickly that his very first live performance drew a considerable crowd, and press attention.
Dame Dash Expresses Interest In Purchasing Karmaloop As Reports Of Bankruptcy Circulate Mar 23, 2015 at 04:03pm
Despite years of massive success in the online distribution of streetwear, Boston-based website Karmaloop is rumored to be headed toward bankruptcy, and it could be happening as early as this week.
Have you had enough of Nicki Minaj? Well, in case you've yet to have your fill of the Barbz leader, she's showed off some flicks from a photo shoot she did with high-end fashion designer Alexander McQueen.
Pusha T already has his very own fashion line with Play Cloth, and he one-upped that earlier this month with the opening of a boutique store Creme in his home of Norfolk, Virginia.
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA1,044 Views7 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)2,044 Views21 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"16,352 Views107 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"3,502 Views11 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest26,659 Views32 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days11,257 Views55 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest18,105 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal19,405 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"8,675 Views27 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"28,831 Views87 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,088 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date58,052 Views213 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)2,576 Views3 Comments
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test5,883 Views23 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"6,716 Views21 Comments