After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
Joey Bada$$ is a young Brooklyn emcee who was influenced by those who came before him from his region, the same way most young rappers from any region show clear influence from those who came before them in their region.
When Royce da 5’9” and DJ Premier announced that they’d be making an entire project together, hip-hop heads everywhere got excited. Premier is a legendary figure in hip-hop and Royce is widely revered for his ability to spit quality bars.
A weird thing happens when an artist gets signed to a major label. It seems, no matter how talented they are, no matter how much their fans are willing to support, debut albums almost always come up short. There have been exceptions, of course.
Smoke DZA fans have seen the Harlem rapper’s growth from his last few projects. He went from hard-hitting straight-laced lyrics in George Kush Da Button to a street storyteller in Rugby Thompson.
On paper, stone cold gangster Freddie Gibbs and alt-hop producer Madlib have little in common. But after releasing several highly enjoyable EPs beginning in 2011, it quickly became apparent that the duo were capable of vibing off one another.
Bobby Ray is often cited as one of today’s underrated rappers. In the past, his hip hop game has come under fire for infusing pop and rock into his music. He’s also been dubbed a “sell-out” many a time, for creating radio winners.
Justin Timberlake fans are still basking in the martini-drinking, suit-wearing, gold-plated visions of The 20/20 Experience, but the pop crooner’s sights are already set on the steamy after party.
“Prince Akeem, they throw flowers at my feet, nigga!” Drake declares in the intro of his third album.
Few rappers get a second life in the rap game. It’s nearly unheard of to lap around the competition a third time around. But then again Juicy J is not the typical rapper.
It’s been a long road to the top for Big Sean. Back in 2005 after hearing Kanye West was going to be at a local radio station in Detroit for an interview, Big Sean headed down there to chance fate. Two years later he signed with G.O.O.D.
Two years ago, Jay-Z and Kanye West joined forces and crowned themselves the kings of rap. After an extensive worldwide Watch The Throne tour, the two went back to their separate careers to work on solo projects.
Freddie Gibbs is a veteran in the rap game but it’s taken him a decade to put out his first studio album. Cutting his teeth on the mixtape circuit, Gibbs released a steady stream of solid projects rife with stories of the drug game.
June 18th might as well have been Christmas Day for hip-hop fans. Kanye West’s highly anticipated album Yeezus finally hit the shelves. Determined to go against one of the heavyweights of rap, J.
It’s been hard to turn on the radio in the past year or so and not hear French Montana’s rich yet slurred delivery coming through the speakers.
Since 1993, Sean “Diddy” Combs has always kept his finger on the pulse of trends in hip-hop music. When he founded Bad Boy, he assembled a roster that included one of the greatest rappers of all time.
2012 was an eye-opening year for Snoop Dogg. So much so that the West Coast rapper held a press conference in July to publicly announce that, after spending some time in the Caribbean island of Jamaica, he was a changed man.
Kid Cudi has never been one to hold his tongue or boast modestly. The Cleveland native is infamous for his onstage rants and mid-performance meltdowns. So it should come as no surprise, when talking about his fourth studio album, Cudi likened Indicud to Dr.
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test6 Views0 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"341 Views0 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness1,265 Views3 Comments
- French Montana "Mac And Cheese: The Album" Release Date Revealed1,498 Views19 Comments
- 3 Takeaways From Jay Rock's "90059" Listening Party2,590 Views20 Comments
- Miami Heat Owner Hints At Possible 'South Beach' Inspired Jerseys For Next Season1,222 Views0 Comments
- Omarion Enlists Nic Nac, James Fauntleroy & More For "Reasons"2,467 Views11 Comments
- Top 5 Lil Wayne Verses On Hot Boys' Songs4,610 Views21 Comments
- Kirk Knight Announces Debut Album, "Late Knight Special"2,071 Views10 Comments
- Stream The Weeknd's New Album "Beauty Behind The Madness"20,865 Views91 Comments
- A Man On Facebook Is Looking To Trade His Yeezy Boosts For A Functioning Kidney12,882 Views0 Comments
- Nicki Minaj To Perform At 2015 MTV VMAs 5,121 Views38 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Outkast's "ATLiens"3,968 Views20 Comments
- Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger Kings34,332 Views88 Comments
- Adidas And Derrick Rose Officially Unveil His New Signature Sneaker, The D Rose 63,972 Views0 Comments