Joey Bada$$ is a young Brooklyn emcee who was influenced by those who came before him from his region, the same way most young rappers from any region show clear influence from those who came before them in their region.
When Royce da 5’9” and DJ Premier announced that they’d be making an entire project together, hip-hop heads everywhere got excited. Premier is a legendary figure in hip-hop and Royce is widely revered for his ability to spit quality bars.
A weird thing happens when an artist gets signed to a major label. It seems, no matter how talented they are, no matter how much their fans are willing to support, debut albums almost always come up short. There have been exceptions, of course.
Smoke DZA fans have seen the Harlem rapper’s growth from his last few projects. He went from hard-hitting straight-laced lyrics in George Kush Da Button to a street storyteller in Rugby Thompson.
On paper, stone cold gangster Freddie Gibbs and alt-hop producer Madlib have little in common. But after releasing several highly enjoyable EPs beginning in 2011, it quickly became apparent that the duo were capable of vibing off one another.
Bobby Ray is often cited as one of today’s underrated rappers. In the past, his hip hop game has come under fire for infusing pop and rock into his music. He’s also been dubbed a “sell-out” many a time, for creating radio winners.
Justin Timberlake fans are still basking in the martini-drinking, suit-wearing, gold-plated visions of The 20/20 Experience, but the pop crooner’s sights are already set on the steamy after party.
“Prince Akeem, they throw flowers at my feet, nigga!” Drake declares in the intro of his third album.
Few rappers get a second life in the rap game. It’s nearly unheard of to lap around the competition a third time around. But then again Juicy J is not the typical rapper.
It’s been a long road to the top for Big Sean. Back in 2005 after hearing Kanye West was going to be at a local radio station in Detroit for an interview, Big Sean headed down there to chance fate. Two years later he signed with G.O.O.D.
Two years ago, Jay-Z and Kanye West joined forces and crowned themselves the kings of rap. After an extensive worldwide Watch The Throne tour, the two went back to their separate careers to work on solo projects.
Freddie Gibbs is a veteran in the rap game but it’s taken him a decade to put out his first studio album. Cutting his teeth on the mixtape circuit, Gibbs released a steady stream of solid projects rife with stories of the drug game.
June 18th might as well have been Christmas Day for hip-hop fans. Kanye West’s highly anticipated album Yeezus finally hit the shelves. Determined to go against one of the heavyweights of rap, J.
It’s been hard to turn on the radio in the past year or so and not hear French Montana’s rich yet slurred delivery coming through the speakers.
Since 1993, Sean “Diddy” Combs has always kept his finger on the pulse of trends in hip-hop music. When he founded Bad Boy, he assembled a roster that included one of the greatest rappers of all time.
2012 was an eye-opening year for Snoop Dogg. So much so that the West Coast rapper held a press conference in July to publicly announce that, after spending some time in the Caribbean island of Jamaica, he was a changed man.
Kid Cudi has never been one to hold his tongue or boast modestly. The Cleveland native is infamous for his onstage rants and mid-performance meltdowns. So it should come as no surprise, when talking about his fourth studio album, Cudi likened Indicud to Dr.
- Curtis Williams & Key! Arrested On Felony Charges1,896 Views9 Comments
- Stream Berner & B-Real's New EP "Prohibition 2"1,253 Views2 Comments
- 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week (April 11 - April 17)5,239 Views5 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party4,693 Views9 Comments
- New Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Leaked4,454 Views0 Comments
- HNHH Staff Picks Playlist (April 17)3,137 Views17 Comments
- "Barter 6" Is A Mixtape; Young Thug's Debut Album Will Drop In August29,318 Views162 Comments
- 2 Chainz Sued $1.5 Million For Alleged Contract Breach9,283 Views18 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (April 17)2,165 Views3 Comments
- OVO x Toronto Raptors Playoff T-Shirts Unveiled2,637 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp A Butterfly" Goes Gold9,725 Views147 Comments
- Poetic License: The Art Of Writing 4,838 Views36 Comments
- Jay Z Has Been Personally Calling Tidal Subscribers To Thank Them13,069 Views65 Comments
- Jamie Foxx Announces New Album "Hollywood"5,825 Views15 Comments
- Chris Brown Shares Photos Of His Daughter Royalty19,780 Views67 Comments
You may also like...
- Kendrick Lamar "King Kunta" BTS Video1,788 Views