Prisoner Sues Jay Z, Kanye West & More For $2.4 Billion, Says They Stole 3,000 Of His Songs May 1, 2014 at 02:51pm
A California Prisoner by the name of Richard Dupree may just be the greatest songwriter of our generation-- that or he's completely out of his mind.
Remember last month when 50 Cent called out a video vixen by the name of Sally Ferreira, for allegedly pretending to be his girlfriend and leaking photos from their video shoot together?
The intro to Drake's "Pound Cake"-- the closing track from Nothing Was The Same --featured a very prominent sample from a 1982 Jazz song, "Jimmy Smith Rap", performed by Jimmy Smith. The clip used in the song is not actually musical, but simply a spoken word
The legal issues between 50 Cent and Sleek Audio continue, and once again, 50 Cent has found himself at the loosing end. As we reported on last year, Fiddy had taken Sleek to court, suing them over a debt he claimed the company owed him (a debt of $261,000).
Frank Ocean recently settled a lawsuit with Chipotle in a pretty badass way-- at least, we thought he did. The singer was paid a hefty sum to contribute some vocals to an ad campaign, but he never followed through.
Pharrell and will.i.am have been in the midst of possibly the silliest legal battle of all time over the last year or so. The disagreement began with will.i.am's claim that Pharrell's "i am OTHER" title was "confusingly similar" to his own artist name.
Frank Ocean Sued By Chipotle [Update: Ocean Cuts A Check, Writes "Fuck Off" On It] Mar 10, 2014 at 06:15pm
Chipotle may fill our stomachs, but they're looking to burn a hole right through Frank Ocean's pocket.
Da Brat has already served a three-year sentence after she pled guilty to aggravated assault in 2007, when she violently hit an ex-NFL cheerleader with a bottle inside an Atlanta nightclub.
Terrence Davidson is the guy who created for Minaj the countless array of (what he calls) "fresh, hip and unique wigs," although if many who lay witness to some of the more excessive wigs that Minaj created, some would agree that perhaps she should sue him.
Rihanna Claims She Was "Effectively Bankrupt" In 2009 [Update: Rihanna Wins Lawsuit] Feb 17, 2014 at 01:28pm
Rihanna is doing pretty well for herself, so it comes as a shock that the singer says she had hit a point where she was "effectively bankrupt" back in 2009.
Chief Keef is once again in the hot seat, no doubt a familiar place. The rapper is facing a new lawsuit today, for neglecting to show up for a charity event for breast cancer last June, but taking the event organizer's deposit nonetheless.
Jim Jones' fiancee Chrissy Lampkin found herself in some trouble at the end of December when she was arrested for disorderly conduct and aggravated assault. Well, it looks like Jim Jones is also having some issues, although not exactly the same as his girl.
Freeway Ricky Ross may not have been successful in getting his name back from Rick Ross, but he hasn't given up just yet. After losing his legal battle in the L.A. Supreme Court, he's now taking Rozay to the United States Supreme Court.
As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, it seems Ricky Rozay & Jermaine "Mayne Zayne" Jackson (half of the producer duo The Runners) are suing Pop/EDM duo LMFAO for copyright infringement concerning their 2010 single "Party Rock Anthem." A lawsuit filed in a Fl
Kanye West's "Bound 2" was definitely one of the more well-received tracks off Yeezus, thus Ye has gone ahead to push it as his next single. However, it looks like the track is facing some legal trouble, as a former child star is suing Yeezy over a sample.
Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Sue YouTube Co-Founder Over Leaked Engagement Footage [Update: Co-Founder Responds] Dec 15, 2013 at 09:15pm
As we previously reported, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were looking to sue the man who leaked footage of their engagement proposal-- it turned out to be YouTube co-founder Chad Hurley. Now a lawsuit has been filed by the couple.
For those unaware, late Brick Squad Monopoly emcee Mario "Slim Dunkin" Hamilton was shot to death in Atlanta's Zone 6 Studio on December 16th, 2011, after an alleged dispute over candy with fellow rapper Vinson "Young Vito" Hardimon. Although a Fulton County
Frank Ocean's Cousin Reportedly Suing Chris Brown Over Studio Brawl [Update: Lawsuit Is For $3M] Dec 4, 2013 at 10:53am
The Frank Ocean and Chris Brown legal issues are not over just yet-- it seems like Brown can't escape any problem. While Frank posted an open letter on his Tumblr looking to forgive Breezy, Ocean's cousin doesn't feel the same way.
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj4,190 Views35 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal54,210 Views378 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"55,093 Views134 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"39,874 Views68 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight1,528 Views2 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,276 Views8 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"32,332 Views144 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall3,636 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"9,533 Views61 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram27,597 Views66 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"2,888 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)6,232 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney8,014 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music10,426 Views28 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"18,458 Views47 Comments
You may also like...