Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
As much as Danny Brown presents himself as a wild party man (which he certainly is to some extent), when it comes to his art, he puts a serious amount of care and effort into every detail.
Azealia Banks' recent appearance on Hot 97 set off a bout of internet sparring that involved Iggy Azalea, Q-Tip, Action Bronson, Tyler, The Creator, T.I. and Solange Knowles, so much of the actual interview became overshadowed by those surrounding stories.
Though we still haven't gotten "The Gucci Mane Movie" that the rapper's frequently mentioned in his songs since 2009's The State Vs. Radric Davis, a book may be on the way.
Ja Rule has been busy these days, not so much working on music but working on a book. He's been writing the book since his time in prison, and now that the man is free, he's getting ready to release the book on July 1st.
It’s hard to argue that Pharrell isn’t one the biggest and hottest artist of 2014 so far. The Neptunes hitmaker has had a years worth of accomplishments already in these first few months.
Looks like Kanye West is not the only person who thinks he has a large cultural impact (though he may argue he has the largest). A new textbook written by Julius Bailey will hit shelves in March under the title The Cultural Impact of Kanye West.
Although Prodigy is known for his spot in the rap game, he's familiar with other avenues of business. Having launched a clothing line this past year, he's continuing to diversify with the launch of a publishing imprint.
Al Sharpton Under Fire For Taking Book Deal With Cash Money [UPDATE: Sharpton's Camp Responds To Criticism] Jul 28, 2013 at 02:34 PM
As we reported at the beginning of June, Al Sharpton plans to release a memoir, called "The Reject Stone," via Cash Money Content in the Fall. When the news arrived, many people were surprised because of the known beef between Sharpton and the YMCMB crew.
Prodigy has a busy summer ahead of him.
The Beastie Boys have never exactly kept things conventional, starting from their break-out in hip-hop scene as three young Jewish (formerly in to hardcore punk) rappers, until they had a strong hold on rap and pop culture world-wide, with over 25 years of suc
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 4,528 Views17 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way5,040 Views40 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 284,723 Views13 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month3,584 Views13 Comments
- Six Kendrick Lamar Songs Make Billboard's Hot 1005,910 Views64 Comments
- A$AP Mob Sued For Injuring Fan While Crowd Surfing 3,393 Views27 Comments
- The Game & DeJ Loaf Shoot "Ambitionz Of A Rida" Video3,697 Views16 Comments
- Tech N9ne Reveals "Special Effects" Tour Dates2,209 Views7 Comments
- Stream Ballout & Tadoe's "The Rise Of Glo Gang Empire"3,835 Views16 Comments
- Stream Archibald Slim's "The Other Special Guest"766 Views1 Comment
- Forgot About Dre: Tracking Dr. Dre's Last Five Years14,983 Views38 Comments
- Kanye West Is Headlining KIIS FM’s Wango Tango Event2,829 Views12 Comments
- Drake's OVO x Mitchell & Ness 'Raptors' Collab Officially Unveiled3,668 Views0 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: See The LOX Live In Brooklyn514 Views0 Comments
- T-Pain Says He's Not Making A "Comeback," Explains Aaliyah Collaboration13,686 Views12 Comments