Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
As much as Danny Brown presents himself as a wild party man (which he certainly is to some extent), when it comes to his art, he puts a serious amount of care and effort into every detail.
Azealia Banks' recent appearance on Hot 97 set off a bout of internet sparring that involved Iggy Azalea, Q-Tip, Action Bronson, Tyler, The Creator, T.I. and Solange Knowles, so much of the actual interview became overshadowed by those surrounding stories.
Though we still haven't gotten "The Gucci Mane Movie" that the rapper's frequently mentioned in his songs since 2009's The State Vs. Radric Davis, a book may be on the way.
Ja Rule has been busy these days, not so much working on music but working on a book. He's been writing the book since his time in prison, and now that the man is free, he's getting ready to release the book on July 1st.
It’s hard to argue that Pharrell isn’t one the biggest and hottest artist of 2014 so far. The Neptunes hitmaker has had a years worth of accomplishments already in these first few months.
Looks like Kanye West is not the only person who thinks he has a large cultural impact (though he may argue he has the largest). A new textbook written by Julius Bailey will hit shelves in March under the title The Cultural Impact of Kanye West.
Although Prodigy is known for his spot in the rap game, he's familiar with other avenues of business. Having launched a clothing line this past year, he's continuing to diversify with the launch of a publishing imprint.
Al Sharpton Under Fire For Taking Book Deal With Cash Money [UPDATE: Sharpton's Camp Responds To Criticism] Jul 28, 2013 at 02:34pm
As we reported at the beginning of June, Al Sharpton plans to release a memoir, called "The Reject Stone," via Cash Money Content in the Fall. When the news arrived, many people were surprised because of the known beef between Sharpton and the YMCMB crew.
Prodigy has a busy summer ahead of him.
The Beastie Boys have never exactly kept things conventional, starting from their break-out in hip-hop scene as three young Jewish (formerly in to hardcore punk) rappers, until they had a strong hold on rap and pop culture world-wide, with over 25 years of suc
- Lil Wayne Reportedly Argued With Audience Members Before Bus Shooting229 Views1 Comment
- OVO Unveils Spring '15 Collection598 Views0 Comments
- Transformation Tuesday Playlist1,055 Views2 Comments
- JR Smith Suspended For Swinging At Boston's Jae Crowder896 Views0 Comments
- Hip-Hop Reacts To The Death Of Freddie Gray & Baltimore Riots3,733 Views34 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar, Nas, Schoolboy Q Playing Osheaga 20151,929 Views8 Comments
- Migos Postpone "Yung Rich Nation" Tour2,666 Views6 Comments
- Creator, Cast Of "The Wire" Speak On Baltimore Riots2,552 Views19 Comments
- Top-5 Air Jordan Releases To Watch For In May1,059 Views0 Comments
- Behind The Beat: Ducko Mcfli2,149 Views1 Comment
- Stream Kehlani’s New Album “You Should Be Here”4,237 Views17 Comments
- 10 Essential Jamie xx Tracks9,259 Views19 Comments
- The Game Has Been Repeating The Same "Freestyle" For Four Years85,100 Views168 Comments
- Nelly Is Putting Out A Country Project8,992 Views49 Comments
You may also like...
- Word On The Street: Tidal1,148 Views