Photos: Lauryn Hill, SZA, Raury, Lenny Kravitz & More Perform At Afropunk Fest 2015 Aug 24, 2015 at 02:29pm
This year's Afropunk Fest had a pretty stellar lineup, including performances from the likes of Lenny Kravitz, SZA, Kelis, Raury, Thundercat, and more. We sent photographer Elijah Dominique to the fest, and he came back with some truly amazing shots.
After years of embarking on a grueling journey to stardom, Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, and Jay Rock finally made it. They came up from nothing and are now swimming in the pools of success.
It's Hump Day on these internets, and while the term actually refers to the fact that once you're over the hump that is Wednesday your week is (basically) over, we're taking it literally.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
SZA Elaborates On Her Role In Writing Nicki Minaj & Beyonce's "Feelin' Myself" Jan 1, 2015 at 04:14pm
Writing credits can tell you a lot about the people involved in the conception of a song, but they unfortunately can't tell you who contributed what.
"Feeling Myself," a Hit-Boy-produced gem from Nicki Minaj's new album, features two of the most powerful women in the game flexing even harder than they did on the "Flawless" remix earlier this year.
Jhene Aiko is going girl power for her new tour "Enter The Void," bringing along fellow soft-voiced female singer SZA as well as Odd Future-affiliated group The Internet, which is helmed by Syd the Kyd.
Both Willow Smith and her older brother Jaden Smith have been popping up quite a bit lately, as they've been dropping off some new records on their respective Soundclouds.
SZA Says Kendrick Lamar's Storytelling Is "On A Grander Scale" On His New Album Sep 11, 2014 at 06:23pm
As if Kendrick Lamar's follow-up to good kid, m.A.A.d city needed any more hype.
For some artists, naming albums and mixtapes seems like it takes a long time (Well$' recent MTSYD: The Revenge Of The African Booty Scratcher springs to mind), but for SZA, TDE's first lady, the process is simple.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Yesterday SZA's collaboration with Kendrick Lamar, "Babylon", hit the web, which was later followed by SZA's new album Z. The project hit iTunes at midnight, and we already have a full stream of the project thanks to Spotify.
SZA hit us with the artwork and release date fore her upcoming album, Z earlier in the year, and she's now shared the official tracklist for the offering.
SZA might be our favorite Top Dawg Entertainment member that no one is talking about yet. Okay, they're talking, but not loudly enough. Our guess is that they will be when her upcoming album, Z, is dropped.
The Top Dawg news just keeps pouring in these days. Earlier in the week the tracklist for ScHoolboy Q's highly anticipated Oxymoron was revealed, as was the new that Ab-Soul had an album coming soon (which is not called Black Lip Pastor).
It doesn't even really need to be said at this point, but this past week was dominated by Kendrick Lamar and the many "Control" responses that followed. It seems every rapper feels some type of way about some line in K.
Top Dawg Entertainment has formally announced their new signee, female singer SZA. Yesterday we were introduced to her with two new singles off her forthcoming EP Z, and today TDE drops a visual which also serves as an introduction to SZA.
- Jeezy Is Dropping An EP Today589 Views11 Comments
- DJ Premier Announces Solo Album Featuring Nas, Dr. Dre & More870 Views11 Comments
- Young Thug Maintains That He & Lil Wayne Have No Problems6,021 Views65 Comments
- Young Chop Brawls With Security At A3C Festival7,460 Views27 Comments
- Flying Lotus Releases 39-Track "You're Dead!" Deluxe Edition5,786 Views17 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (October 9)4,018 Views13 Comments
- How Much A Co-Sign Cost? The Downside Of Collaborating With Drake & Kanye23,547 Views90 Comments
- Drake's "IYRTITL" Is 2015's Highest-Selling Digital Album Through Q3 By Far16,663 Views128 Comments
- Young Thug Doesn't Mind Being Called Gay27,681 Views131 Comments
- Tory Lanez Announces SwaveNation Tour With Boogie4,883 Views38 Comments
- Review: The Game's "Documentary 2"30,292 Views162 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Won't Stop Trolling Derek Fisher And Matt Barnes On Instagram4,811 Views0 Comments
- Released 20 Years Ago, GZA's "Liquid Swords" Finally Goes Platinum6,782 Views37 Comments
- Eminem Sends Gift To Young Fan With Customized Eminem Prosthetic Legs10,381 Views35 Comments
- Koopsta Knicca Of Three 6 Mafia Dies Following Stroke10,373 Views49 Comments
You may also like...
- Roy Wood$ "Jealousy" Video2,499 Views