After years of embarking on a grueling journey to stardom, Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, and Jay Rock finally made it. They came up from nothing and are now swimming in the pools of success.
It's Hump Day on these internets, and while the term actually refers to the fact that once you're over the hump that is Wednesday your week is (basically) over, we're taking it literally.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
SZA Elaborates On Her Role In Writing Nicki Minaj & Beyonce's "Feelin' Myself" Jan 1, 2015 at 04:14pm
Writing credits can tell you a lot about the people involved in the conception of a song, but they unfortunately can't tell you who contributed what.
"Feeling Myself," a Hit-Boy-produced gem from Nicki Minaj's new album, features two of the most powerful women in the game flexing even harder than they did on the "Flawless" remix earlier this year.
Jhene Aiko is going girl power for her new tour "Enter The Void," bringing along fellow soft-voiced female singer SZA as well as Odd Future-affiliated group The Internet, which is helmed by Syd the Kyd.
Both Willow Smith and her older brother Jaden Smith have been popping up quite a bit lately, as they've been dropping off some new records on their respective Soundclouds.
SZA Says Kendrick Lamar's Storytelling Is "On A Grander Scale" On His New Album Sep 11, 2014 at 06:23pm
As if Kendrick Lamar's follow-up to good kid, m.A.A.d city needed any more hype.
For some artists, naming albums and mixtapes seems like it takes a long time (Well$' recent MTSYD: The Revenge Of The African Booty Scratcher springs to mind), but for SZA, TDE's first lady, the process is simple.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Yesterday SZA's collaboration with Kendrick Lamar, "Babylon", hit the web, which was later followed by SZA's new album Z. The project hit iTunes at midnight, and we already have a full stream of the project thanks to Spotify.
SZA hit us with the artwork and release date fore her upcoming album, Z earlier in the year, and she's now shared the official tracklist for the offering.
SZA might be our favorite Top Dawg Entertainment member that no one is talking about yet. Okay, they're talking, but not loudly enough. Our guess is that they will be when her upcoming album, Z, is dropped.
The Top Dawg news just keeps pouring in these days. Earlier in the week the tracklist for ScHoolboy Q's highly anticipated Oxymoron was revealed, as was the new that Ab-Soul had an album coming soon (which is not called Black Lip Pastor).
It doesn't even really need to be said at this point, but this past week was dominated by Kendrick Lamar and the many "Control" responses that followed. It seems every rapper feels some type of way about some line in K.
Top Dawg Entertainment has formally announced their new signee, female singer SZA. Yesterday we were introduced to her with two new singles off her forthcoming EP Z, and today TDE drops a visual which also serves as an introduction to SZA.
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine1,637 Views23 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)4,204 Views10 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL7,602 Views46 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape18,736 Views48 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them4,672 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans4,000 Views8 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)1,467 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack3,797 Views23 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death23,130 Views53 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God6,280 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape12,947 Views60 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album33,228 Views155 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon12,056 Views61 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again7,364 Views28 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations7,424 Views17 Comments