SZA Elaborates On Her Role In Writing Nicki Minaj & Beyonce's "Feelin' Myself" Jan 1, 2015 at 04:14pm
Writing credits can tell you a lot about the people involved in the conception of a song, but they unfortunately can't tell you who contributed what.
"Feeling Myself," a Hit-Boy-produced gem from Nicki Minaj's new album, features two of the most powerful women in the game flexing even harder than they did on the "Flawless" remix earlier this year.
Jhene Aiko is going girl power for her new tour "Enter The Void," bringing along fellow soft-voiced female singer SZA as well as Odd Future-affiliated group The Internet, which is helmed by Syd the Kyd.
Both Willow Smith and her older brother Jaden Smith have been popping up quite a bit lately, as they've been dropping off some new records on their respective Soundclouds.
SZA Says Kendrick Lamar's Storytelling Is "On A Grander Scale" On His New Album Sep 11, 2014 at 06:23pm
As if Kendrick Lamar's follow-up to good kid, m.A.A.d city needed any more hype.
For some artists, naming albums and mixtapes seems like it takes a long time (Well$' recent MTSYD: The Revenge Of The African Booty Scratcher springs to mind), but for SZA, TDE's first lady, the process is simple.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Yesterday SZA's collaboration with Kendrick Lamar, "Babylon", hit the web, which was later followed by SZA's new album Z. The project hit iTunes at midnight, and we already have a full stream of the project thanks to Spotify.
SZA hit us with the artwork and release date fore her upcoming album, Z earlier in the year, and she's now shared the official tracklist for the offering.
SZA might be our favorite Top Dawg Entertainment member that no one is talking about yet. Okay, they're talking, but not loudly enough. Our guess is that they will be when her upcoming album, Z, is dropped.
The Top Dawg news just keeps pouring in these days. Earlier in the week the tracklist for ScHoolboy Q's highly anticipated Oxymoron was revealed, as was the new that Ab-Soul had an album coming soon (which is not called Black Lip Pastor).
It doesn't even really need to be said at this point, but this past week was dominated by Kendrick Lamar and the many "Control" responses that followed. It seems every rapper feels some type of way about some line in K.
Top Dawg Entertainment has formally announced their new signee, female singer SZA. Yesterday we were introduced to her with two new singles off her forthcoming EP Z, and today TDE drops a visual which also serves as an introduction to SZA.
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 547 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?4,786 Views25 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title12,383 Views36 Comments
- First Week Numbers For Action Bronson & Earl Sweatshirt7,308 Views20 Comments
- OVO Is Opening A Pop-Up Store In L.A. 3,531 Views16 Comments
- Forbes' 2015 "Hip-Hop Cash Princes" Include Migos, Young Thug, YG & More9,930 Views31 Comments
- Quiz: Are You Wiz Khalifa Or Ty Dolla $ign?8,003 Views22 Comments
- 10 Rappers We Want To See Live With The Roots2,443 Views14 Comments
- Ciara Shares Artwork For "Jackie"11,432 Views23 Comments
- Top-10 Vines From Monday Night In The NBA769 Views0 Comments
- Migos Announce "Young Rich Nation" Tour With OG Maco2,996 Views11 Comments
- Contest: Win Jarren Benton Tickets + Meet & Greet419 Views3 Comments
- Justin Bieber's Next Album Will Have Production From Kanye West & Rick Rubin8,974 Views38 Comments
- Stream Shlohmo's New Album "Dark Red"1,906 Views5 Comments
- Young Dro Arrested For Theft9,270 Views18 Comments