SZA Elaborates On Her Role In Writing Nicki Minaj & Beyonce's "Feelin' Myself" Jan 1, 2015 at 04:14 PM
Writing credits can tell you a lot about the people involved in the conception of a song, but they unfortunately can't tell you who contributed what.
"Feeling Myself," a Hit-Boy-produced gem from Nicki Minaj's new album, features two of the most powerful women in the game flexing even harder than they did on the "Flawless" remix earlier this year.
Jhene Aiko is going girl power for her new tour "Enter The Void," bringing along fellow soft-voiced female singer SZA as well as Odd Future-affiliated group The Internet, which is helmed by Syd the Kyd.
Both Willow Smith and her older brother Jaden Smith have been popping up quite a bit lately, as they've been dropping off some new records on their respective Soundclouds.
SZA Says Kendrick Lamar's Storytelling Is "On A Grander Scale" On His New Album Sep 11, 2014 at 06:23 PM
As if Kendrick Lamar's follow-up to good kid, m.A.A.d city needed any more hype.
For some artists, naming albums and mixtapes seems like it takes a long time (Well$' recent MTSYD: The Revenge Of The African Booty Scratcher springs to mind), but for SZA, TDE's first lady, the process is simple.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Yesterday SZA's collaboration with Kendrick Lamar, "Babylon", hit the web, which was later followed by SZA's new album Z. The project hit iTunes at midnight, and we already have a full stream of the project thanks to Spotify.
SZA hit us with the artwork and release date fore her upcoming album, Z earlier in the year, and she's now shared the official tracklist for the offering.
SZA might be our favorite Top Dawg Entertainment member that no one is talking about yet. Okay, they're talking, but not loudly enough. Our guess is that they will be when her upcoming album, Z, is dropped.
The Top Dawg news just keeps pouring in these days. Earlier in the week the tracklist for ScHoolboy Q's highly anticipated Oxymoron was revealed, as was the new that Ab-Soul had an album coming soon (which is not called Black Lip Pastor).
It doesn't even really need to be said at this point, but this past week was dominated by Kendrick Lamar and the many "Control" responses that followed. It seems every rapper feels some type of way about some line in K.
Top Dawg Entertainment has formally announced their new signee, female singer SZA. Yesterday we were introduced to her with two new singles off her forthcoming EP Z, and today TDE drops a visual which also serves as an introduction to SZA.
- Lil Wayne Joins Instagram5,180 Views23 Comments
- TBT: The Roots1,142 Views2 Comments
- Dame Dash Confirms He And Kanye West Are Buying Karmaloop11,261 Views29 Comments
- Yung Gleesh Reportedly Charged With Sexual Assault [Update: He's Been Arrested]13,217 Views39 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Will Never Release The Song From His Colbert Performance16,734 Views87 Comments
- Ludacris' Best Punchlines4,671 Views18 Comments
- Dr. Dre Wants To "Inspire" People With "Straight Outta Compton" Biopic4,838 Views29 Comments
- The Weeknd Now A Coachella Headliner4,128 Views19 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Action Bronson1,170 Views10 Comments
- 10 Most Expensive Nike Air Maxes At Flight Club Right Now1,250 Views0 Comments
- iLoveMakonnen's Essential "Drink More Water" Cuts5,526 Views17 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Explains Rakim Influence On Sophomore Album Title7,987 Views27 Comments
- Stream Ducko McFli's & Jace's New EP "Dreams"1,107 Views4 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: March 26 (Action Bronson Edition)1,025 Views3 Comments
- T-Pain's New Mixtape Will Feature Unheard Aaliyah Vocals [Update: Full Tracklist Revealed]17,751 Views57 Comments