Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
It looks like the original Bad Boy is getting back to his first love, production.
Any details we can get on Kendrick Lamar's new album are welcome, as it is being kept tightly under wraps. Today we get word that Pete Rock made a contribution to the LP, which is as of yet untitled.
Nicki Minaj Calls Out Eric Bellinger For Claiming To Handle Production On "Anaconda" Jul 29, 2014 at 01:30pm
Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" continues to serve up headlines and news-worthy articles. After getting a glimpse at the unaltered version of the single artwork this morning, Nicki took to Twitter to clarify who actually handled the production on "Anaconda."
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
50 Cent Reveals New Single Off "Animal Ambition" Has Dr. Dre Production [Update: Track To Feature Trey Songz] Feb 24, 2014 at 10:34pm
50 Cent is back on track with the release of new music, and specifically, the release of his forthcoming album Animal Ambition.
Suge Knight Says Daz Dillinger Ghost-Produced Most Of "Doggystyle" For Dr. Dre Nov 26, 2013 at 02:15pm
It's no secret that Dr. Dre has had some help with his production in the past. Scott Storch, Mel-Man, and Colin Wolfe are a few of those at least partially responsible for some of the rapper/producer's biggest tracks.
Rick Rubin Speaks On Producing "Love Game," Says It's "Supposed To Sound A Little Wrong" Nov 8, 2013 at 03:27pm
One of the most anticipated tracks off Eminem's MMLPII was the Kendrick Lamar collaboration titled "Love Game." When the album leaked, and thus the track as well, fans were surprised at the concept record, which was in no way a scathing hip-hop record that we
Pharrell is always a man with several things on his plate at once-- whether it's producing music, hosting the ARTST TLK for his I am OTHER channel, or, most recently, curating for eBay's "Follow It Find It" campaign.
OLD is Detroit emcee Danny Brown's third studio project, released on October 8th via Fool's Gold Records. The audience rating on our review of the album stands at 85%, and we feel it's one of the better offerings of 2013, both sonically and lyrically.
While Ca$his has departed from Shady records to form his own label, the rapper still keeps what he calls a "familial" relationship with Eminem.
Now that his solo effort, Stay Trippy, is behind him, Juicy J can now concentrate on other work. The Tennessee rapper/producer revealed that he will be assisting in a number of upcoming projects, including one being his own Taylor Gang boss Wiz Khalifa.
Seventeen years after his untimely death, Tupac Shakur will be resurrected onto the big screen in a new biopic.
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 4,599 Views18 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall2,604 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”22,359 Views118 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail30,008 Views90 Comments
- Young Money Rapper, Flow, Arrested On Charges Of Double Murder23,487 Views67 Comments
- Tyga's "The Gold Album" Sold 2,200 Copies Its Opening Week45,970 Views213 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: June 20153,189 Views3 Comments
- Rome Fortune Intentionally Tweets Dick Pic16,279 Views49 Comments
- Joe Budden Announces Release Date For "All Love Lost"5,518 Views12 Comments
- Review: Tyga's "The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty"23,130 Views152 Comments
- The Game Facing Felony And Misdemeanor Charges For Punching Off-Duty Cop8,369 Views17 Comments
- Kid Ink Is Engaged16,869 Views53 Comments
- Top-5 July Sneaker Releases To Keep Your Eye On2,214 Views0 Comments
- Natural Born Hustlers: Top 5 Rapper CEOs8,040 Views26 Comments
- Rihanna Named Best Selling Digital Artist Of All-Time7,445 Views34 Comments