One of the many unsung players in the game of hip-hop is the producer. So many of us tune into some music not even listening to the artist in question, but dancing along to the beat, most likely created by an entirely different person.
It's always interesting to see where producers draw inspiration from when crafting their original instrumentals.
Earlier today, Young Chop, the 21-year-old Chicago producer, inseparable from the come-ups of young artists like Chief Keef and Lil Reese, posted a series of Instagram videos, in which he called out an unnamed establishment of older Chicago industry folks who
Vinylz Talks About Creation Of J. Cole's "Tale Of 2 Citiez" & Big Sean's "Blessings" Feb 5, 2015 at 12:25pm
Vinylz already had a pretty big 2014, but he's setting himself up to have an even bigger 2015. You probably saw the name Vinylz in 2014, or at least you might recognize it, but you probably aren't super familiar with who he is a producer.
You may not recognize the name Evian Christ, although you probably should as he's a producer signed to G.O.O.D. music and part of Ye's Very G.O.O.D. Beats production team.
As reported by Complex, it seems producer Araabmuzik was shot after several unidentified men attempted to rob him in his native Rhode Island. Fortunately, his wounds aren't fatal, and the talented young musician is recovering in hospital as we speak.
Seems like Young Money/Cash Money get lawsuits thrown at them every other day. Earlier this summer YM faced a lawsuit over their domain name. The latest one is targeting Lil Wayne and his 2011 record "Mirrors", which appeared on his Carter IV album.
Today, The Weeknd came out of hiding and gave us two brand new tracks-- well, they leaked-- sorry Abel. And, as the tracks will likely be taken down, sorry to anyone who doesn't get to preview the new Weeknd sound.
Once you start getting a bit of a success and fame, the lawsuits start piling in. DJ Mustard is starting to reach that stage in his career, with a new lawsuit claiming he ripped off ideas from a friend by the name of Mike Free.
Don Cannon just sent us a new instrumental for all you rising artists on the site fiending beats.
It’s safe to say that Metro Boomin is one of the hottest producers in the game right now, leading the trap wave out of Atlanta and coming off the release of his work done on Drake & Future’s What A Time To Be Alive album, among several oth
Although Nipsey Hussle has yet to release a debut album, the West Coast native keeps his fans locked with a steady flow of strong mixtapes.
The drought of music from the A$AP Mob family came to end recently when A$AP Rocky put out a new single "Multiply." With the visual treatment for the song, we were granted a sneak peek at what is presumably his next single, "Pretty Flacko 2." Given how much
- Stream The Game's "The Documentary 2"1,292 Views20 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shares "Kunta's Groove Sessions" Tour Dates, Jay Rock To Support7,522 Views87 Comments
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists21,179 Views153 Comments
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company18,652 Views44 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"14,026 Views37 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac10,232 Views80 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work28,249 Views90 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles3,249 Views24 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single3,777 Views13 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Game's "The Documentary"?7,897 Views33 Comments
- First Look At The Toronto Raptors' 'OVO' Alternate Jersey For This Season3,387 Views0 Comments
- N.W.A. & Janet Jackson Nominated For Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame2,803 Views26 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" Becomes First Rap Video To Hit 1 Billion Views21,930 Views147 Comments
- Vince Staples & Mac Miller Discuss White Rappers & How They Fit Into Hip-Hop14,381 Views76 Comments