From its birth, Hip Hop culture has been majorly influential for a lot of fashion trends. One of the most recognizable is the sporting of chains. But why do rappers wear these flashy pieces of jewelry?
Having announced it on his last album Jesus Piece, The Game officially signed with Birdman and Cash Money Records this week, and to commemorate it, he bought himself and his new label head matching chains.
50 Cent and Slowbucks have been entangled in some legal drama ever since Hot 97 Summer Jam went down, and Slowbucks lost his chain thanks to someone snatching it off his neck.
Chaining days have always been a great ritual in hip-hop. So much so, that Kanye West made it the grande finale of his music video for "Through The Wire", his first major single. Last night bossman Jay Z of ROCNATION presented J.
A few weeks ago, it was reported that Quavo of Migos was robbed of his chain following a show in DC. Since then, plenty of rumors floated around following the news, and eventually Quavo cleared the air on the events himself with his solo track, "Tha Truth".
Whether it’s in gold, rose-gold, platinum or diamond-filled, rappers have often spared no expense when it comes to buying their chains. It is by no doubt an important symbol in hip hop that continuously crops up in rap music.
- Stream Roy Wood$ New EP "Exis"3,499 Views16 Comments
- Drake Responds To Meek’s Diss Record On Instagram53,442 Views273 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Confirms Joint Album With Lil B8,881 Views37 Comments
- Meek Mill Goes At Hot 97's TT Torrez On IG57,481 Views118 Comments
- Birdman's Instagram Hacked57,749 Views59 Comments
- Mac Miller's 3rd Studio Album Is Done23,754 Views88 Comments
- 'OVO' Air Jordan 10 Scheduled To Release This Weekend3,785 Views0 Comments
- PartyNextDoor's 5 Best Non-Album Tracks17,929 Views47 Comments
- K Camp Unveils Cover Art For "Only Way Is Up"4,607 Views15 Comments
- Stream Soulja Boy's "King Soulja 4"5,317 Views55 Comments
- #TBT: Fabolous' 2001-2005 Era7,285 Views24 Comments
- Tyga Says Eviction Lawsuit Is Fraudulent 8,659 Views41 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Dr. Dre's "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack10,214 Views24 Comments
- Jordan Brand Loses Trademark Lawsuit Against Knock-Off Beijing Company5,364 Views0 Comments
- Next Chief Keef Hologram Benefit Concert To Broadcast In 3 Cities At Once7,026 Views16 Comments