Announcing his third album Dirty Sprite 2 (or rather DS2 for copyright reasons) just about a week in advance of its release date, Future was banking on his rapidly-growing fanbase and mixtape momentum to give him a win on the charts.
While hip hop album sales keep on dropping (along with sales numbers in every other genre), the genre that's the namesake for this site seems to be flourishing in the world of music streaming, according to Nielsen's 2014 report.
2015's looking better for big sellers in the record industry than its predecessor.
After setting a Spotify streaming record, with almost 10 million streams on its first day, the next question on everyone's mind: What kind of numbers will To Pimp a Butterfly move in its first week?
Although some may argue that Billboard's methods of charting hit songs and album sales will always be obsolete in the age of illegal downloading, free mixtapes and streaming services, the company's actually made quite a few changes over the past few years to m
Late last week, we heard that Big K.R.I.T.'s newly-released album Cadillactica was on pace to sell 35,000 to 40,000 copies in its first week, which isn't bad in 2014.
Taylor Swift's "1989" Projected To Have Best-Selling Week Since "The Eminem Show" Nov 1, 2014 at 10:27pm
Some general music news here for those among us who care about album sales: it has been officially announced that Taylor Swift's fifth studio album 1989 is on track to have the biggest-selling week for any album in any genre since The Eminem Show sold 1,
Among a bevy of much poppier artists, G-Unit performed at this past weekend's iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas, and while backstage, the crew's de facto leader shared some of his thoughts on the gradual decline in record sales we've seen in the past few year
You've heard the singles, copped the album and read our review. Now all that's left for Jeezy's Seen It All: The Autobiography (besides award nominations) is the first week sales number, and it doesn't disappoint.
Slow and steady wins the race, or so they say. In an era of immediate consumption and instant gratification, we want something the second it becomes available, if not before.
YG had a pretty strong debut album, which dropped a week ago today, My Krazy Life. The album brought that new West Coast sound to the masses, with plenty of DJ Mustard production and a cohesive theme tying it all together.
Maybach Music Group released their third compilation effort, Self Made Vol. 3, this past week on September 17th. Although they chose to drop on a date without much competition, their sales projections aren't that strong.
Drake's new album, Nothing Was The Same, arrived into the hands of fans early when it sprung a leak on Sunday evening. This seems to be inevitable in this day and age, and Drake is aware of it.
The numbers are in, and Jay-Z pulled through, as expected, with the #1 debut on the charts this week. Magna Carta Holy Grail actually moved more units than expected-- selling a whopping 528,208 copies opening week, according to HitsDailyDouble.
Jay-Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" First Week Sales Projections [Update: Jay Gets Platinum Plaque] Jul 9, 2013 at 12:09pm
Jay-Z has already acheived platinum status for Magna Carta Holy Grail, even before the LP dropped with the RIAA changing their regulations to accomodate the legendary rapper.
First Week Album Sales Are Here For Kanye West, J. Cole & Mac Miller [Update: Official SoundScan Numbers Revealed] Jun 26, 2013 at 11:32am
Here's what everyone's been waiting for. The first week sales for all those albums that dropped on June 18th have come in!
- Stream Dr. Dre's Full Beats 1 Show, "The Pharmacy" 4,509 Views27 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (July 25-31)3,405 Views8 Comments
- Dr. Dre Says "Detox" Is Scrapped, "Compton: The Soundtrack" Out Next Week30,674 Views161 Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Debuts His First Signature Sneaker5,093 Views0 Comments
- Toronto Rapper Redway Reportedly Killed In Car Crash14,591 Views46 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's Lollapalooza Set Cut After He Told Fans To Jump The Barricade22,346 Views45 Comments
- Fetty Wap Reportedly Walked Out On An Olive Garden Bill15,939 Views53 Comments
- Snoop Dogg's Money Seized After Attempting To Travel With $400k In Cash17,318 Views34 Comments
- WWE Reportedly "Looking Into" Meek Mill's Use Of The Undertaker's Entrance Music47,048 Views218 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx"3,429 Views11 Comments
- Andre 3000 Joins Cast Of ABC’s “American Crime” Series4,542 Views16 Comments
- Azealia Banks Adds Her Two Cents To The Meek Mill & Drake Debate53,746 Views161 Comments
- 140 Bars: Top Tweets Of The Week (July 25 - 31)9,880 Views1 Comment
- Top-5 August Sneaker Releases To Watch For3,528 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Is Charlamagne's "Donkey Of The Day"50,930 Views128 Comments