Earlier this month, it was reported that Jas Prince, the son of Rap-A-Lot CEO James Prince, and the man who introduced Drake to Lil Wayne, was demanding that Cash Money Records pay him $11 million in royalties earned off the "Hotline Bling" star.
You may remember that Jas Prince, a.k.a. the man who discovered Drake, filed legal documents against Cash Money earlier this year, demanding that they open their books and reveal the dollar amount they made off of Champagne Papi.
Back in January, we were surprised to see Trinidad James' name (actually Nicholas Williams) in the writing credits of Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars' chart-topping hit "Uptown Funk," and now we're learning just how much he stands to make off that "Don't believe me
A complaint many rappers have had about Cash Money is that they don't see many of their royalty checks.
Dr. Dre To Donate "Compton" Soundtrack Royalties For New Performing Arts Center Aug 6, 2015 at 02:44pm
Dr. Dre called into Zane Lowe's Beats 1 Radio show this afternoon to discuss his forthcoming Compton: A Soundtrack. Dre told Lowe that he plans to donate all his royalties from the album to build a new performing arts center in Compton.
Beef, or at least, legal issues, appear to be brewing between two Atlanta upstarts, Father and Key! Both artists rose to prominence last year, alongside ILoveMakonnen, off the strength of their collaboration "Look At Wrist." Key!
Before he founded the We The Best Music Group in 2012, DJ Khaled was signed to eOne Music, where he released his first four records from 2006 to 2010.
Prodigy has managed to have a successful career as a solo artist outside of his work with Mobb Deep, but according to a new lawsuit, he hasn't been seeing the money he was promised.
Even though Tupac has passed away, his estate is still making money off his albums' royalties. According to one of the administrator's of Pac's estate though, who happens to be his mother, they're not receiving all the royalties they should be.
RZA Sued By Dutch Artist For Unpaid Royalties [Update: RZA Claims He Owes Her Nothing] Mar 31, 2013 at 10:35am
RZA is being sued for unpaid royalties, something every artist seems to be familiar with at some point or another in their music career.The Wu-Tang Clan member is being sued by a Dutch singer, Thea Van Seijaen, who is most famous for the vocals she did on hi
- Lil Wayne Being Sued By Trukfit Model For Using Her Image On T-Shirt1,726 Views13 Comments
- Review: Freddie Gibbs' "Shadow Of A Doubt"7,937 Views133 Comments
- DMX Is Guest-Starring On ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat"3,583 Views18 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th10,425 Views33 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20166,095 Views25 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"12,228 Views55 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption19,547 Views70 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together16,775 Views81 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist8,647 Views20 Comments
- Former Cowboys Running Back Arrested For Assaulting A Law Officer At A Casino5,467 Views0 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Countersued By Former Label8,758 Views25 Comments
- Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record For Best Start To A Season2,708 Views0 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Believes Race Played Role In His Overseas Bans6,947 Views32 Comments
- Vic Mensa Joins Chicago Protests Following Police Killing Of Laquan McDonald8,455 Views51 Comments