Snoop Dogg has been one of rap's most prominent stoners for decades, and now that weed is finally starting to be legalized in select states, the OG smoker is deciding to put some money into the industry.D-O double G will be investing in a service called Eaze,
Tyler, The Creator has found success in rap, production, design, and festival organizing, but he's about to bring the Odd Future brand to unexplored territory-- the app game.
While earlier this week it seemed that things were going south for online streetwear distributor Karmaloop, they may have found a way out of their imminent bankruptcy.
Jay Z is making moves in the streaming game, acquiring Aspiro, a company which hosted two European music streaming companies-- TIDAL and WiMP --for a cool $56 million earlier this year.
Streaming seems to be the future of music distribution, and those looking to make a penny are investing now.
Jay Z is about to throw his hat in to the music streaming service ring. The music mogul will likely compete with services like Beats Music, Google Play and Spotify after making a bid on the Scandinavian company Aspiro, which owns the streaming service WiMP.
Nipsey Hussle Reportedly Sold 60 Copies Of His $1000 Mixtape, "Mailbox Money" Jan 24, 2015 at 04:18pm
Nipsey Hussle, we have to hand it to you, you're a marketing genius. After the L.A.
T.I., ever the business man, is looking to start a new venture this year. The rapper and Atlanta native will be keeping his talents in the south as he plans to open up an upscale restaurant in downtown ATL.
50 Cent's SMS Audio On The Verge Of New Partnership [Update: SMS Audio Reportedly Partners With Intel] Aug 15, 2014 at 12:46am
50 Cent is a proven business man, but his SMS Audio venture has not been able to compete with bigger headphone brands like Dr. Dre's Beats.
Dr. Dre has proved that headphones are a more-than-worthy investment, and others in the industry have taken notice. 50 Cent has pursued a partnership with SMS Audio, and now DJ Khaled has announced a new line of cans.
Dame Dash continues to flourish outside of the hip-hopsphere, after opening his own gallery Dusko Poppington last year, this year's he got another new venture on his plate, setting his sights on the restaurant business.
Jay Z and John Meneilly have worked closely for over a decade,with Meneilly serving as something of a manager for the rapper, though Jay was apparently always reluctant to refer to him as such.
Diddy Reportedly Partners With High-End Tequila Brand [Update: It's Official] Jan 8, 2014 at 01:48pm
Diddy has turned Ciroc vodka into a well-known and well-liked brand, one that is also synonymous with rappers around the world. Now that Ciroc is a $100 million franchise, Diddy is looking for the next big thing-- which is apparently tequila.
As YMCMB continue to expand their business, choosing to sign artists who not only represent hip-hop but other genres as well, it looks like they want to step outside of the music industry all together.
This weekend, HHS1987 caught up with Meek Mill for an interview during the Dreamchasers Sports & Entertainment Summit in Philadelphia, which was organized in partnership with Monster Energy Drink.
As reported by the inimitable TMZ, it seems celebrated R&B singer-songwriter Toni Braxton has been forced to sell the rights to more than two dozen of her songs after filing for bankruptcy.
Flavor Flav's Chicken & Ribs Restaurant Served With Eviction Papers [Update: Restaurant Closes For Good] Jul 26, 2013 at 09:46am
This definitely isn't Flavor Flav's best year. Flav is already suffering from legal trouble, after assaulting his girlfriend's 17-year-old son, as well as the lady herself, during a domestic dispute.
- MC Lyte Set to Drop "Legend," Her First Album in 12 Years208 Views2 Comments
- Killer Mike To Speak On Race Relations At MIT's Hip Hop Speaker Series293 Views1 Comment
- Stream Black Milk's "If There's A Hell Below" Instrumental Album707 Views0 Comments
- Diddy Names Kanye West As The Hitmen's Newest Member9,738 Views17 Comments
- 21 Rappers That Were Influenced By Nas' "Illmatic"6,107 Views35 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces Upcoming Album With Diplo5,758 Views29 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Settles 2013 Assault Case3,809 Views5 Comments
- Quavo & Offset Of Migos Arrested During Concert At Georgia Southern University26,541 Views62 Comments
- The Weeknd Brings Out Kanye West At Coachella12,294 Views39 Comments
- Victim in Suge Knight Hit-And-Run Incident Blames Self For Terry Carter's Death14,318 Views41 Comments
- TIDAL Just Sacked Its CEO42,833 Views103 Comments
- Underrated Audio: April 11 - April 173,666 Views1 Comment
- 10 Essential Father Tracks7,406 Views17 Comments
- Jeremih Sued Over "Don't Tell 'Em" Artwork14,529 Views28 Comments
- Jordan Brand Gave Nicki Minaj Her Own 'Pink Print' Air Jordans4,470 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- Told Y'all567 Views