HOT 97 has already lost three of its OGs when it comes to radio personalities, with Angie Martinez jumping ship for a competitor, Mister Cee parting ways for a smaller, newer station, and Cipha Sounds leaving for a position at Roc Nation.
Jeezy recently released a song called "Gold Bottles," which now seems to be a premonition of sorts. The rapper is reportedly set to release his own take on luxury champagne, tentatively titled "Project Gold Bottles," in association with Tequila Avion.
Tyga is in the news once more today, and once again, it's not on a positive note. The rapper, who recently dropped The Gold Album for free on Spotify enraging Birdman, is now being sued by his former business partner.
R. Kelly's big brother, Bruce Kelly, has filed documents with the state labor board (in the State of Illinois) after working for the famous singer for three months, and not seeing a dime.
Yesterday Twitter's CEO, Dick Costolo, announced that he'd be stepping down from his position at the company. In the interim, Jack Dorsey, the co-founder and chairman, will take the role of CEO, however they are in need of a permanent replacement.
Beyonce is making a change in business as she moves from ICM Agency, whom she was signed with since 2006, to CAA. This move only pertains to her music, for gigs related to acting she will remain under ICM Agency, Complex reports.
It seemed as though SoundCloud was in a bit of trouble after it was unable to strike up a deal with Sony, meaning songs from heavy-hitting artists such as Adele and Kelly Clakson were removed from the site.
While anticipation grows for A$AP Rocky's second album's release, At.Long.Last.ASAP (A.L.L.A), Rocky has been up to a lot more than just rapping.
Everyone may be talking about Tidal right now, but Jay Z continues to move forward with his business ventures. The Brooklyn mogul is set to launch a new interview series out of his 40/40 club in Manhattan.
Snoop Dogg has been one of rap's most prominent stoners for decades, and now that weed is finally starting to be legalized in select states, the OG smoker is deciding to put some money into the industry.D-O double G will be investing in a service called Eaze,
Tyler, The Creator has found success in rap, production, design, and festival organizing, but he's about to bring the Odd Future brand to unexplored territory-- the app game.
While earlier this week it seemed that things were going south for online streetwear distributor Karmaloop, they may have found a way out of their imminent bankruptcy.
Jay Z is making moves in the streaming game, acquiring Aspiro, a company which hosted two European music streaming companies-- TIDAL and WiMP --for a cool $56 million earlier this year.
Streaming seems to be the future of music distribution, and those looking to make a penny are investing now.
Jay Z is about to throw his hat in to the music streaming service ring. The music mogul will likely compete with services like Beats Music, Google Play and Spotify after making a bid on the Scandinavian company Aspiro, which owns the streaming service WiMP.
Nipsey Hussle Reportedly Sold 60 Copies Of His $1000 Mixtape, "Mailbox Money" Jan 24, 2015 at 04:18pm
Nipsey Hussle, we have to hand it to you, you're a marketing genius. After the L.A.
T.I., ever the business man, is looking to start a new venture this year. The rapper and Atlanta native will be keeping his talents in the south as he plans to open up an upscale restaurant in downtown ATL.
50 Cent's SMS Audio On The Verge Of New Partnership [Update: SMS Audio Reportedly Partners With Intel] Aug 15, 2014 at 12:46am
50 Cent is a proven business man, but his SMS Audio venture has not been able to compete with bigger headphone brands like Dr. Dre's Beats.
Dr. Dre has proved that headphones are a more-than-worthy investment, and others in the industry have taken notice. 50 Cent has pursued a partnership with SMS Audio, and now DJ Khaled has announced a new line of cans.
Dame Dash continues to flourish outside of the hip-hopsphere, after opening his own gallery Dusko Poppington last year, this year's he got another new venture on his plate, setting his sights on the restaurant business.
Jay Z and John Meneilly have worked closely for over a decade,with Meneilly serving as something of a manager for the rapper, though Jay was apparently always reluctant to refer to him as such.
- Iggy Azalea Announces Sophomore Album Title2,346 Views27 Comments
- Curren$y & Dame Dash Settle $3 Million Dollar Lawsuit4,436 Views12 Comments
- Logic Announces Release Date For Sophomore Album "The Incredible True Story"7,050 Views48 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Writes Letter To Eazy-E For PAPER Magazine6,622 Views126 Comments
- Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Renting A Mansion In L.A. For $150k A Month6,953 Views27 Comments
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks7,360 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped51,126 Views174 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 20156,687 Views22 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"18,665 Views150 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments23,417 Views199 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Kanye West?10,833 Views46 Comments
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"3,725 Views17 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama3,599 Views27 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title14,931 Views61 Comments