Tyga is in the news once more today, and once again, it's not on a positive note. The rapper, who recently dropped The Gold Album for free on Spotify enraging Birdman, is now being sued by his former business partner.
R. Kelly's big brother, Bruce Kelly, has filed documents with the state labor board (in the State of Illinois) after working for the famous singer for three months, and not seeing a dime.
Yesterday Twitter's CEO, Dick Costolo, announced that he'd be stepping down from his position at the company. In the interim, Jack Dorsey, the co-founder and chairman, will take the role of CEO, however they are in need of a permanent replacement.
Beyonce is making a change in business as she moves from ICM Agency, whom she was signed with since 2006, to CAA. This move only pertains to her music, for gigs related to acting she will remain under ICM Agency, Complex reports.
It seemed as though SoundCloud was in a bit of trouble after it was unable to strike up a deal with Sony, meaning songs from heavy-hitting artists such as Adele and Kelly Clakson were removed from the site.
While anticipation grows for A$AP Rocky's second album's release, At.Long.Last.ASAP (A.L.L.A), Rocky has been up to a lot more than just rapping.
Everyone may be talking about Tidal right now, but Jay Z continues to move forward with his business ventures. The Brooklyn mogul is set to launch a new interview series out of his 40/40 club in Manhattan.
Snoop Dogg has been one of rap's most prominent stoners for decades, and now that weed is finally starting to be legalized in select states, the OG smoker is deciding to put some money into the industry.D-O double G will be investing in a service called Eaze,
Tyler, The Creator has found success in rap, production, design, and festival organizing, but he's about to bring the Odd Future brand to unexplored territory-- the app game.
While earlier this week it seemed that things were going south for online streetwear distributor Karmaloop, they may have found a way out of their imminent bankruptcy.
Jay Z is making moves in the streaming game, acquiring Aspiro, a company which hosted two European music streaming companies-- TIDAL and WiMP --for a cool $56 million earlier this year.
Streaming seems to be the future of music distribution, and those looking to make a penny are investing now.
Jay Z is about to throw his hat in to the music streaming service ring. The music mogul will likely compete with services like Beats Music, Google Play and Spotify after making a bid on the Scandinavian company Aspiro, which owns the streaming service WiMP.
Nipsey Hussle Reportedly Sold 60 Copies Of His $1000 Mixtape, "Mailbox Money" Jan 24, 2015 at 04:18pm
Nipsey Hussle, we have to hand it to you, you're a marketing genius. After the L.A.
T.I., ever the business man, is looking to start a new venture this year. The rapper and Atlanta native will be keeping his talents in the south as he plans to open up an upscale restaurant in downtown ATL.
50 Cent's SMS Audio On The Verge Of New Partnership [Update: SMS Audio Reportedly Partners With Intel] Aug 15, 2014 at 12:46am
50 Cent is a proven business man, but his SMS Audio venture has not been able to compete with bigger headphone brands like Dr. Dre's Beats.
Dr. Dre has proved that headphones are a more-than-worthy investment, and others in the industry have taken notice. 50 Cent has pursued a partnership with SMS Audio, and now DJ Khaled has announced a new line of cans.
Dame Dash continues to flourish outside of the hip-hopsphere, after opening his own gallery Dusko Poppington last year, this year's he got another new venture on his plate, setting his sights on the restaurant business.
Jay Z and John Meneilly have worked closely for over a decade,with Meneilly serving as something of a manager for the rapper, though Jay was apparently always reluctant to refer to him as such.
Diddy Reportedly Partners With High-End Tequila Brand [Update: It's Official] Jan 8, 2014 at 01:48pm
Diddy has turned Ciroc vodka into a well-known and well-liked brand, one that is also synonymous with rappers around the world. Now that Ciroc is a $100 million franchise, Diddy is looking for the next big thing-- which is apparently tequila.
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (Aug 29-Sep 4)3,910 Views4 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Snapped At A Guy Who Mistook Him For ASAP Rocky12,994 Views107 Comments
- LeBron James Is Willing To Send Up To 1,000 Ohio Kids To College For Free2,712 Views0 Comments
- Man Shot & Killed Outside Of Lil Durk Concert In Philadelphia6,254 Views51 Comments
- Kanye West Sends Taylor Swift Flowers13,257 Views64 Comments
- Mac Miller Unveils "GO:OD AM" Alarm Clock App With Exclusive New Music11,958 Views30 Comments
- Quiz: Hip-Hop History4,582 Views21 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" First Week Sales Are In53,925 Views172 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign Is Launching The Pre-Order For "Free T.C." Next Week6,154 Views15 Comments
- Ranking The Features On Travi$ Scott's "Rodeo"33,711 Views117 Comments
- John Wall Reportedly Paid $20,000 For A Graffiti Portrait Of Himself2,770 Views0 Comments
- Stream Scarface's New Album, "Deeply Rooted"5,705 Views21 Comments
- Staff Picks (September 4)2,104 Views6 Comments
- The 7 Best Air Jordans To Have In Your Collection For Labor Day Weekend1,791 Views0 Comments
- Kevin Gates Announces New Album "Islah" 9,458 Views65 Comments