While earlier this week it seemed that things were going south for online streetwear distributor Karmaloop, they may have found a way out of their imminent bankruptcy.
Jay Z is making moves in the streaming game, acquiring Aspiro, a company which hosted two European music streaming companies-- TIDAL and WiMP --for a cool $56 million earlier this year.
Streaming seems to be the future of music distribution, and those looking to make a penny are investing now.
Jay Z is about to throw his hat in to the music streaming service ring. The music mogul will likely compete with services like Beats Music, Google Play and Spotify after making a bid on the Scandinavian company Aspiro, which owns the streaming service WiMP.
Nipsey Hussle Reportedly Sold 60 Copies Of His $1000 Mixtape, "Mailbox Money" Jan 24, 2015 at 04:18 PM
Nipsey Hussle, we have to hand it to you, you're a marketing genius. After the L.A.
T.I., ever the business man, is looking to start a new venture this year. The rapper and Atlanta native will be keeping his talents in the south as he plans to open up an upscale restaurant in downtown ATL.
50 Cent's SMS Audio On The Verge Of New Partnership [Update: SMS Audio Reportedly Partners With Intel] Aug 15, 2014 at 12:46 AM
50 Cent is a proven business man, but his SMS Audio venture has not been able to compete with bigger headphone brands like Dr. Dre's Beats.
Dr. Dre has proved that headphones are a more-than-worthy investment, and others in the industry have taken notice. 50 Cent has pursued a partnership with SMS Audio, and now DJ Khaled has announced a new line of cans.
Dame Dash continues to flourish outside of the hip-hopsphere, after opening his own gallery Dusko Poppington last year, this year's he got another new venture on his plate, setting his sights on the restaurant business.
Jay Z and John Meneilly have worked closely for over a decade,with Meneilly serving as something of a manager for the rapper, though Jay was apparently always reluctant to refer to him as such.
Diddy Reportedly Partners With High-End Tequila Brand [Update: It's Official] Jan 8, 2014 at 01:48 PM
Diddy has turned Ciroc vodka into a well-known and well-liked brand, one that is also synonymous with rappers around the world. Now that Ciroc is a $100 million franchise, Diddy is looking for the next big thing-- which is apparently tequila.
As YMCMB continue to expand their business, choosing to sign artists who not only represent hip-hop but other genres as well, it looks like they want to step outside of the music industry all together.
This weekend, HHS1987 caught up with Meek Mill for an interview during the Dreamchasers Sports & Entertainment Summit in Philadelphia, which was organized in partnership with Monster Energy Drink.
As reported by the inimitable TMZ, it seems celebrated R&B singer-songwriter Toni Braxton has been forced to sell the rights to more than two dozen of her songs after filing for bankruptcy.
Flavor Flav's Chicken & Ribs Restaurant Served With Eviction Papers [Update: Restaurant Closes For Good] Jul 26, 2013 at 09:46 AM
This definitely isn't Flavor Flav's best year. Flav is already suffering from legal trouble, after assaulting his girlfriend's 17-year-old son, as well as the lady herself, during a domestic dispute.
As reported by the New York Post, it seems wholesale company iSource NYC is suing Jay-Z's Rocawear clothing line for an unpaid bill of $450,000 - half of a million dollar order of branded goods delivered to NYC from Pakistan last April through June.
Last week, Jay-Z signed New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith to Roc Nation Sports. Before that, he'd signed New York Giants receiver Victor Cruz and popular women's basketball player Skylar Diggins.
- TBT: The Roots18 Views0 Comments
- Dame Dash Confirms He And Kanye West Are Buying Karmaloop3,249 Views17 Comments
- Yung Gleesh Reportedly Charged With Sexual Assault [Update: He's Been Arrested]11,295 Views34 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Will Never Release The Song From His Colbert Performance8,679 Views56 Comments
- Ludacris' Best Punchlines3,096 Views15 Comments
- Dr. Dre Wants To "Inspire" People With "Straight Outta Compton" Biopic3,806 Views26 Comments
- The Weeknd Now A Coachella Headliner3,117 Views16 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Action Bronson983 Views9 Comments
- 10 Most Expensive Nike Air Maxes At Flight Club Right Now1,049 Views0 Comments
- iLoveMakonnen's Essential "Drink More Water" Cuts4,802 Views16 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Explains Rakim Influence On Sophomore Album Title7,020 Views24 Comments
- Stream Ducko McFli's & Jace's New EP "Dreams"995 Views4 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: March 26 (Action Bronson Edition)918 Views3 Comments
- T-Pain's New Mixtape Will Feature Unheard Aaliyah Vocals [Update: Full Tracklist Revealed]17,191 Views56 Comments
- Review: Action Bronson's "Mr. Wonderful"16,656 Views63 Comments