- Ja Rule & Ashanti Are Going On TourOct 1, 2015 at 07:09pmJa Rule has been slowly working himself back into the spotlight. He's got an upcoming reality show on MTV that premieres later this month, he and 50 Cent rode the coattails of Drake and Meek and reignited their beef for a few good laughs, and he's also put out some new music.
- The Best Tupac Shakur TributesSep 13, 2015 at 05:41pmIt was nineteen years ago today that Tupac Shakur's life was taken too soon. The rap world would never be the same, and the community really felt the loss. Dozens of rappers have recorded verses and entire songs to commemorate the fallen MC. You heard some of these tributes on the Rose That Grew from Concrete compilations, where different MCs took unused Tupac lyrics to create songs. You may have also heard cuts like Nas' "God Bless The Dead" where he tips his hat to both Pac and B.I.G.
- Remix Fix: LeMarquis Remixes "Rock Wit U" By AshantiJan 27, 2015 at 03:51pmMost of us (contributors and readers alike) remember Ashanti on her A game when we were teenagers also listening to Ja Rule, Missy Elliot, Fat Joe, J. Lo, and other millennium superstars. Her biggest hit "Rock With U", produced by Irv Gotti, hit number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2003.LeMarquis is a French producer based in Paris. He's gaining popularity quickly following his October remix of "Stand Up" by Ludacris, which hit over a million plays on YouTube. He also kicked off a tour in Paris and London this month to build on the buzz.
- Charts Don’t Lie: March 16Mar 16, 2014 at 11:34amThis week we find Rick Ross atop on the Billboard 200 with his sixth studio album proving he's still got it. Mastermind managed to sell more than the projected amount, although he didn't quite reach 180k, he moved 179,215 copies. This is still a large enough amount for Rozay to lock down the second-highest debut week total sales for anyone in 2014 thus far.
- Stream Ashanti's New Album "Braveheart"Feb 26, 2014 at 11:22amIt's the time for album streams, so it seems. After receiving one for Pharrell's new album G I R L as well as Rick Ross' Mastermind last night, this morning we've got Ashanti's new album Braveheart for free stream.
- New Cover Art & Release Date Revealed For Ashanti's "Braveheart" [Update: Tracklist Revealed]Feb 10, 2014 at 11:30amWhile Ashanti has been doing some interviews for Fuse TV this past year, she's also getting back on her music grind. Her new studio album Braveheart has seen some pushbacks, and now it's received a change of cover art, but a release date has finally been set. Ashanti unveiled new album art along with several promo shots, which you can check out above (cover art is the last slide). Braveheart is slated for release on February 18th. Listen to the singer's lead single "I Got" featuring Rick Ross below.
- Photos Of Ashanti & Rick Ross' Video Shoot For "I Got It" In MiamiJan 17, 2014 at 04:01amAshanti has still got it. The R&B singer and her co-star Ricky Rozay were caught getting rather cozy Thursday at The Bank Lounge in downtown Miami while shooting the music video for their collab “I Got It”. DJ Khaled and the song’s producer, L.T. Hutton, also joined the lavish set as Ashanti showed off her sexy curves in a skimpy all-black corset. The record is set to appear on Ashanti’s upcoming album BraveHeart. Look for that album to arrive sometime this year.
- Michelle Obama Releasing Hip Hop-Inspired Album Feat. Iman ShumpertAug 13, 2013 at 10:51amIn her continuing effort to raise awareness for physical fitness in a battle against childhood obesity, Michelle Obama is releasing a hip hop-inspired album called “Let’s Move.” The album will likely not feature the first Lady spitting on the mic or anything along those lines, but the 19 track project will feature a cut from Knicks guard Iman Shumpert, who is easily one of the best rappers in the NBA. Other notable artists include Ashanti, DMC from Run DMC, Naledge, Monifah, and legendary rapper Doug E. Fresh.
- Ashanti Announces Plans To Work With Ja Rule Again [UPDATE: Ja Rule & Ashanti Spotted In The Studio]Aug 11, 2013 at 11:08pmAshanti and Ja Rule were each responsible for more than a few early aughts hits, but nothing connected with audiences more than when they collaborated. Neither of the former-Murder Inc. artists have been very present on the charts for the last few years, partly to do with Ja Rule's recent bid in Prison.