TDE Boss Thinks Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp A Butterfly" Will Sell One Million In A Week Mar 14, 2015 at 10:08pm
We just got the tracklist for Kendrick Lamar's upcoming album, To Pimp a Butterfly, which will be released on March 23.
Kendrick Lamar has made a lot of noise on his own in the last year or so, particularly in the last week. The rapper is in the business for more than just himself however, as he's always had his Black Hippy crew in tow.
ScHoolboy Q has been uncharacteristically quiet since the release of his debut physical album, Oxymoron, last year, surprisingly not even making an appearance on Kendrick Lamar's recent album, To Pimp A Butterfly.
After years of embarking on a grueling journey to stardom, Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, and Jay Rock finally made it. They came up from nothing and are now swimming in the pools of success.
Yesterday we tried out our first-ever quiz on the site, a la Buzzfeed, to find out how well you consumed Kendrick Lamar's new album To Pimp A Butterfly upon first listen.
While we anxiously await Ab-Soul's new album, These Days..., which officially drops in four days, TDE's CEO took to Twitter to answer a few questions fans had about the LP and in the process he revealed (or at least hinted at) who will be dropping the next pro
TDE's Black Hippy recently graced the cover of XXL magazine, following which Ab-Soul took to Twitter to express his disdain for the fact that XXL went with the headline "Kendrick Lamar & Black Hippy..." Now ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock have joined in with Soulo's
Years after the release of his debut album Follow Me Home, TDE's Jay Rock has officially parted ways with Tech N9ne's Strange Music label.
After Kendrick Lamar delivered upon the immense anticipation surrounding his third album, To Pimp a Butterfly, the follow-up to 2012's game-changing good kid, M.A.A.D city, it looks like the next album out of the TDE camp will come from Jay Rock, who
Los Angeles-based Jay Rock signed to Top Dawg Entertainment in 2007, long before "Money Trees" were providing Grammy-nominated types of shade. The rapper, real name Johnny Reed McKinzie, Jr.
The hip hop crew is an essential part of success. Whether big or small, every rapper has an entourage.
Wu-Tang Clan soulquarians Common Erykah Badu D'Angelo death row Young Money cash money Black Hippy Kendrick Lamar ScHoolboy Q Jay Rock Ab-Soul Method Man GZA RZA Raekwon Ghostface Killah stones throw Madlib J Dilla peanut butter wolf G-Unit Lloyd Banks 50 Cent bad boy p diddy Diddy Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre Suge Knight d12 Eminem Proof Bizarre dungeon family OutKast goodie mobb cee-lo Andre 3000 Big Boi
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Ab-Soul & Jay Rock Speak On Their Similarities & Differences, Rapping For Fun Oct 30, 2013 at 02:02pm
While rolling in a pretty tight-knit crew, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock couldn't be more different. While Jay Rock favors mean-mug west-coast street rap, Soulo is known to create smoked-out, conspiracy theory-laden cuts.
As TDE's Black Hippy crew, consisting of Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock, continue their music industry takeover, they've landed the cover of hip-hop magazine RESPECT. The issue hits newsstands on April 30th. Check out the cover above. [via]
- Meek Mill Reveals Pre-Jail "DWMTM" Songs Will Be Released Soon6,524 Views48 Comments
- OG Maco Clarifies His Criticism Of Travi$ Scott's "3500"6,575 Views36 Comments
- ASAP Rocky: "The Rita Ora Thing Was Tasteless Of Me"7,614 Views18 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th10,783 Views26 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"7,095 Views25 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show8,649 Views22 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks5,092 Views2 Comments
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday8,887 Views30 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month10,203 Views40 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show22,061 Views31 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today7,291 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj67,415 Views246 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal149,442 Views837 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"78,522 Views145 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"67,076 Views84 Comments