Yesterday we tried out our first-ever quiz on the site, a la Buzzfeed, to find out how well you consumed Kendrick Lamar's new album To Pimp A Butterfly upon first listen.
TDE Boss Thinks Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp A Butterfly" Will Sell One Million In A Week Mar 14, 2015 at 10:08pm
We just got the tracklist for Kendrick Lamar's upcoming album, To Pimp a Butterfly, which will be released on March 23.
Los Angeles-based Jay Rock signed to Top Dawg Entertainment in 2007, long before "Money Trees" were providing Grammy-nominated types of shade. The rapper, real name Johnny Reed McKinzie, Jr.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Years after the release of his debut album Follow Me Home, TDE's Jay Rock has officially parted ways with Tech N9ne's Strange Music label.
While we anxiously await Ab-Soul's new album, These Days..., which officially drops in four days, TDE's CEO took to Twitter to answer a few questions fans had about the LP and in the process he revealed (or at least hinted at) who will be dropping the next pro
TDE's Black Hippy recently graced the cover of XXL magazine, following which Ab-Soul took to Twitter to express his disdain for the fact that XXL went with the headline "Kendrick Lamar & Black Hippy..." Now ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock have joined in with Soulo's
Ab-Soul & Jay Rock Speak On Their Similarities & Differences, Rapping For Fun Oct 30, 2013 at 02:02pm
While rolling in a pretty tight-knit crew, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock couldn't be more different. While Jay Rock favors mean-mug west-coast street rap, Soulo is known to create smoked-out, conspiracy theory-laden cuts.
Kendrick Lamar has made a lot of noise on his own in the last year or so, particularly in the last week. The rapper is in the business for more than just himself however, as he's always had his Black Hippy crew in tow.
As TDE's Black Hippy crew, consisting of Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock, continue their music industry takeover, they've landed the cover of hip-hop magazine RESPECT. The issue hits newsstands on April 30th. Check out the cover above. [via]
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title1,274 Views10 Comments
- First Week Numbers For Action Bronson & Earl Sweatshirt2,365 Views12 Comments
- OVO Is Opening A Pop-Up Store In L.A. 1,508 Views10 Comments
- Forbes' 2015 "Hip-Hop Cash Princes" Include Migos, Young Thug, YG & More4,830 Views25 Comments
- Quiz: Are You Wiz Khalifa Or Ty Dolla $ign?4,043 Views16 Comments
- 10 Rappers We Want To See Live With The Roots1,779 Views8 Comments
- Ciara Shares Artwork For "Jackie"9,560 Views22 Comments
- Top-10 Vines From Monday Night In The NBA584 Views0 Comments
- Migos Announce "Young Rich Nation" Tour With OG Maco2,433 Views10 Comments
- Contest: Win Jarren Benton Tickets + Meet & Greet340 Views1 Comment
- Justin Bieber's Next Album Will Have Production From Kanye West & Rick Rubin7,444 Views33 Comments
- Stream Shlohmo's New Album "Dark Red"1,454 Views4 Comments
- Young Dro Arrested For Theft8,003 Views17 Comments
- How To Tell If Your Yeezy Boosts Are Fake2,303 Views0 Comments
- Summer Jam 2015 Lineup Revealed, Featuring Kendrick Lamar, Chris Brown, Big Sean & More9,528 Views14 Comments