The backyard patio at Alife in Manhattan's Lower East Side reeked of weed and anticipation as hundreds of fans patiently waited for Jay Rock to come out and share 90059, the culmination of four years of hard work.
Jay Rock has decided to take a unique approach with the release strategy for his sophomore album 90059.
Jay Rock's "90059" Release Date Will Be Determined By The Number Of Pre-Orders Aug 19, 2015 at 07:32pm
Pretty much every detail of Jay Rock's upcoming album, 90059, has been made available, but so far, the release date has been nowhere to be found.
At a 90059 listening party in LA over the weekend, Jay Rock revealed that the album would feature a brand new Black Hippy posse cut called "Vice City." There hasn't been such a collaboration since 2013's "U.O.E.N.O.
Good news fam, Jay Rock’s long awaited sophomore album finally has a title. Taking to twitter Friday night, Jay Rock revealed that his highly anticipated album will be called 90059, the zip code to his L.A. hometown.
The hip hop crew is an essential part of success. Whether big or small, every rapper has an entourage.
Wu-Tang Clan soulquarians Common Erykah Badu D'Angelo death row Young Money cash money Black Hippy Kendrick Lamar ScHoolboy Q Jay Rock Ab-Soul Method Man GZA RZA Raekwon Ghostface Killah stones throw Madlib J Dilla peanut butter wolf G-Unit Lloyd Banks 50 Cent bad boy p diddy Diddy Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre Suge Knight d12 Eminem Proof Bizarre dungeon family OutKast goodie mobb cee-lo Andre 3000 Big Boi
ScHoolboy Q has been uncharacteristically quiet since the release of his debut physical album, Oxymoron, last year, surprisingly not even making an appearance on Kendrick Lamar's recent album, To Pimp A Butterfly.
After Kendrick Lamar delivered upon the immense anticipation surrounding his third album, To Pimp a Butterfly, the follow-up to 2012's game-changing good kid, M.A.A.D city, it looks like the next album out of the TDE camp will come from Jay Rock, who
After years of embarking on a grueling journey to stardom, Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, and Jay Rock finally made it. They came up from nothing and are now swimming in the pools of success.
TDE Boss Thinks Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp A Butterfly" Will Sell One Million In A Week Mar 14, 2015 at 10:08pm
We just got the tracklist for Kendrick Lamar's upcoming album, To Pimp a Butterfly, which will be released on March 23.
Los Angeles-based Jay Rock signed to Top Dawg Entertainment in 2007, long before "Money Trees" were providing Grammy-nominated types of shade. The rapper, real name Johnny Reed McKinzie, Jr.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Years after the release of his debut album Follow Me Home, TDE's Jay Rock has officially parted ways with Tech N9ne's Strange Music label.
While we anxiously await Ab-Soul's new album, These Days..., which officially drops in four days, TDE's CEO took to Twitter to answer a few questions fans had about the LP and in the process he revealed (or at least hinted at) who will be dropping the next pro
TDE's Black Hippy recently graced the cover of XXL magazine, following which Ab-Soul took to Twitter to express his disdain for the fact that XXL went with the headline "Kendrick Lamar & Black Hippy..." Now ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock have joined in with Soulo's
Ab-Soul & Jay Rock Speak On Their Similarities & Differences, Rapping For Fun Oct 30, 2013 at 02:02pm
While rolling in a pretty tight-knit crew, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock couldn't be more different. While Jay Rock favors mean-mug west-coast street rap, Soulo is known to create smoked-out, conspiracy theory-laden cuts.
Kendrick Lamar has made a lot of noise on his own in the last year or so, particularly in the last week. The rapper is in the business for more than just himself however, as he's always had his Black Hippy crew in tow.
As TDE's Black Hippy crew, consisting of Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock, continue their music industry takeover, they've landed the cover of hip-hop magazine RESPECT. The issue hits newsstands on April 30th. Check out the cover above. [via]
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week644 Views8 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers5,418 Views26 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit8,311 Views23 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,000937 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20151,907 Views5 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign9,570 Views35 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK5,857 Views24 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL1,605 Views16 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"9,313 Views44 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida7,719 Views69 Comments
- Chris Brown Is Being Sued By A Fan Who Was Injured At His Show5,031 Views18 Comments
- Top-8 September Sneaker Releases To Watch For1,951 Views0 Comments
- Powerhouse 2015 Line-Up Includes Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Future & More8,714 Views53 Comments
- De La Soul Recruit Usher, Snoop Dogg, 2 Chainz, Pete Rock & More For New Album4,020 Views8 Comments
- Rick Ross Dropping New Music With The Dream Tomorrow10,902 Views32 Comments
You may also like...