The other week appeared to be a bit of a rough patch for Australian-bred artist Iggy Azalea. After a petition demanded the retraction of her Best Rap Song award from the BMAs, news circulated that she had cancelled her impending tour entirely.
A$AP Rocky's sophomore title acronym, A.L.L.A., was deciphered yesterday thanks to a video of Rocky spitting a verse from an album cut for GQ.
Prior to the release of Knock Madness, Hopsin did not appear to be in the best state. The rapper went on a dark Twitter rant, expressing his frustrations with the music industry, and even suggested committing suicide.
Kid Cudi announced recently during a live show that he would be dropping a prelude EP to a highly anticipated third instalment of his Man On The Moon series within the next three months.
Before Drake left for his "Would You Like A Tour?" a small problem arose with one of his guest performers, Future, and it momentarily seemed like Future would not be joining Drake for the tour.
After Eminem dropped his single "Rap God," which is jam-packed with lyrical content, a familiar criticism arose, when he was called out for using the word "faggot" in the track.
DJ Khaled Talks On Choosing Features For "I Feel Like Pac/I Feel Like Biggie" Oct 9, 2013 at 11:31am
DJ Khaled dropped a new record this past week which was pretty controversial based off the title alone, "I Feel Like Pac/I Feel Like Biggie." The track, off his upcoming album, Suffering From Success, had a big line up consisting of Diddy, Rick Ross, Meek Mill
J. Cole is usually quite conscious and aware of current socio-political issues on his tracks. He's not usually one to swear excessively or use slurs in his music.
Yesterday Tyler, The Creator took to Twitter to say a few words in capslock about Mountain Dew pulling his commercials. We also heard from Tyler's manager, Christian Clancy, by way of his Tumblr page.
J. Cole Speaks On "Born Sinner" Album Title & Departure From Basketball Theme Apr 12, 2013 at 03:38pm
J. Cole announced the release date for his new album, Born Sinner, recently. The title of this upcoming album sounds like a departure from Cole's last albums, in-and-of itself.
Rick Ross has recently stirred up a lot of controversy over lyrics on Rocko's track "U.O.E.N.O.," where Rozay seemed to be rapping about date-raping a girl.
Wale Discusses Inspiration For "The Gifted," His Love Of The 90s & Explains Album Title Mar 22, 2013 at 11:05am
Following Wale's announcement of his third album title and release date, the MMG rapper has popped up for several interviews. His most recent was in New York with Power 105's The Breakfast Club.
Drake surprised everyone by dropping his new single, "Started From The Bottom," last night, which is earlier than expected.The single shows a new style and flow from the Toronto native, and finds him rapping about his come-up in the game.
- Charts Don't Lie: August 1st2,389 Views12 Comments
- Stream Dr. Dre's Full Beats 1 Show, "The Pharmacy" 7,232 Views28 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (July 25-31)4,550 Views8 Comments
- Dr. Dre Says "Detox" Is Scrapped, "Compton: The Soundtrack" Out Next Week35,747 Views183 Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Debuts His First Signature Sneaker5,977 Views0 Comments
- Toronto Rapper Redway Reportedly Killed In Car Crash16,297 Views48 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's Lollapalooza Set Cut After He Told Fans To Jump The Barricade24,993 Views48 Comments
- Fetty Wap Reportedly Walked Out On An Olive Garden Bill17,381 Views54 Comments
- Snoop Dogg's Money Seized After Attempting To Travel With $400k In Cash18,542 Views34 Comments
- WWE Reportedly "Looking Into" Meek Mill's Use Of The Undertaker's Entrance Music49,605 Views220 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx"3,604 Views11 Comments
- Andre 3000 Joins Cast Of ABC’s “American Crime” Series4,659 Views17 Comments
- Azealia Banks Adds Her Two Cents To The Meek Mill & Drake Debate54,706 Views164 Comments
- 140 Bars: Top Tweets Of The Week (July 25 - 31)9,992 Views1 Comment
- Top-5 August Sneaker Releases To Watch For3,627 Views0 Comments