Every March, the relatively small city of Austin, Texas bursts at the seams for a few weeks to host South by Southwest (SXSW), a music, arts and film festival put on in venues around the downtown.
Fashawn's new album has been a long time coming. Finally the rapper was able to lock in a release date for the sophomore effort, after inking a deal with the Nas-helmed record label Mass Appeal.
Run The Jewels are earning critical-acclaim from just about every major publication for their new Run The Jewels 2 LP, but the biggest story to come from their fan appreciation night came from an entirely different hip-hop act: Nas.
Mass Appeal, who've seen a resurgence over the past two years, and they've even started their own imprint with help from Nas, have revealed the cover for their new issue.
Bishop Nehru may have just dropped his new album with MF DOOM, NehruvianDOOM (which we reviewed here), but he's already got his next project lined up, with assistance from one of rap's living legends.
Over the course of the past few months, Nas has been beefing up the roster of his relatively new Mass Appeal label with his favorite underground artists, signing Boldy James, Fashawn, Bishop Nehru and Run The Jewels.
Today we received the new single from Run The Jewels' forthcoming second album, RTJ2, "Blockbuster Night Pt. 1." The record came via Mass Appeal, as well as the announcement that the duo Killer Mike and El-P have signed a deal with Mass Appeal Records.
Nas To Release "Lost Tapes 2" And Posthumous Pimp C Album On Mass Appeal Records May 16, 2014 at 03:09pm
When Nas' contract with Def Jam runs out later this year, it appears that the veteran MC won't be without a label to call home. As previously reported, Nas will launch Mass Appeal Records, and now it seems like he'll be releasing projects on the label too.
Nas Signs Boldy James On Newly-Launched Mass Appeal Imprint [Update: Boldy James Denies Signing To Mass Appeal] Apr 18, 2014 at 04:12pm
Boldy James is one of the illest rappers you probably haven't listened to yet, but we can expect that all to change very soon now that he's got the backing of the original Illmatic MC, Nas.
Cam'ron is making a bit of a comeback this year. We've already heard a pretty awesome collaboration between him and A-Trak, and we'll be getting an EP from the duo later this year.
It's pretty common knowledge, if you follow either rapper on Twitter or any form of social media, that ScHoolboy Q and Mac Miller are friends-- Mac seems to be friendly with a lot of the TDE camp, with Q and Ab-Soul both appearing on Watching Movies With The S
Hip-hop magazine Mass Appeal announced it's return to the print game earlier this year, after taking a five-year break. The magazine, which started back in 1996, featured Nas on their 2001 cover.
Brooklyn-based urban lifestyle magazine Mass Appeal is back in print after a 5-year hiatus, with Earl Sweatshirt gracing the cover of their 52nd issue alongside Blake Anderson of Workaholics fame.
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account6,054 Views30 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville12,526 Views44 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA5,997 Views17 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)2,964 Views23 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"19,965 Views117 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"4,034 Views11 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest30,154 Views34 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days12,881 Views56 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest19,037 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal19,822 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"8,921 Views29 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"29,870 Views88 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,155 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date59,409 Views215 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)2,639 Views3 Comments