Every March, the relatively small city of Austin, Texas bursts at the seams for a few weeks to host South by Southwest (SXSW), a music, arts and film festival put on in venues around the downtown.
Fashawn's new album has been a long time coming. Finally the rapper was able to lock in a release date for the sophomore effort, after inking a deal with the Nas-helmed record label Mass Appeal.
Run The Jewels are earning critical-acclaim from just about every major publication for their new Run The Jewels 2 LP, but the biggest story to come from their fan appreciation night came from an entirely different hip-hop act: Nas.
Mass Appeal, who've seen a resurgence over the past two years, and they've even started their own imprint with help from Nas, have revealed the cover for their new issue.
Bishop Nehru may have just dropped his new album with MF DOOM, NehruvianDOOM (which we reviewed here), but he's already got his next project lined up, with assistance from one of rap's living legends.
Over the course of the past few months, Nas has been beefing up the roster of his relatively new Mass Appeal label with his favorite underground artists, signing Boldy James, Fashawn, Bishop Nehru and Run The Jewels.
Today we received the new single from Run The Jewels' forthcoming second album, RTJ2, "Blockbuster Night Pt. 1." The record came via Mass Appeal, as well as the announcement that the duo Killer Mike and El-P have signed a deal with Mass Appeal Records.
Nas To Release "Lost Tapes 2" And Posthumous Pimp C Album On Mass Appeal Records May 16, 2014 at 03:09pm
When Nas' contract with Def Jam runs out later this year, it appears that the veteran MC won't be without a label to call home. As previously reported, Nas will launch Mass Appeal Records, and now it seems like he'll be releasing projects on the label too.
Nas Signs Boldy James On Newly-Launched Mass Appeal Imprint [Update: Boldy James Denies Signing To Mass Appeal] Apr 18, 2014 at 04:12pm
Boldy James is one of the illest rappers you probably haven't listened to yet, but we can expect that all to change very soon now that he's got the backing of the original Illmatic MC, Nas.
Cam'ron is making a bit of a comeback this year. We've already heard a pretty awesome collaboration between him and A-Trak, and we'll be getting an EP from the duo later this year.
It's pretty common knowledge, if you follow either rapper on Twitter or any form of social media, that ScHoolboy Q and Mac Miller are friends-- Mac seems to be friendly with a lot of the TDE camp, with Q and Ab-Soul both appearing on Watching Movies With The S
Hip-hop magazine Mass Appeal announced it's return to the print game earlier this year, after taking a five-year break. The magazine, which started back in 1996, featured Nas on their 2001 cover.
Brooklyn-based urban lifestyle magazine Mass Appeal is back in print after a 5-year hiatus, with Earl Sweatshirt gracing the cover of their 52nd issue alongside Blake Anderson of Workaholics fame.
- Is Earl Sweatshirt Changing His Rap Name?9,682 Views29 Comments
- The 5 Most Confusing Things Birdman Said In His Angie Martinez Interview53,492 Views77 Comments
- Lil Kim Files Domestic Violence Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend8,850 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Opens Up: "I'm Scared To Be Political"53,094 Views150 Comments
- Meek Mill Says He's Hitting The Studio "Soon"73,424 Views327 Comments
- Meet Maxo Kream: Houston's Next-Up6,331 Views12 Comments
- Migos Say Their Noisey "Atlanta" Episode Was Scripted13,724 Views29 Comments
- 7 Things We Learned From LeBron's Most Recent Twitter Q&A2,121 Views0 Comments
- Tyga Sued By Landlord For Unpaid Rent, Threatened With Eviction16,112 Views73 Comments
- Ice Cube Says The "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack Is Dropping This Week9,673 Views18 Comments
- Did Drake Actually Buy Charlamagne Tha God Bottles? 72,699 Views108 Comments
- Meek Mill Booed In Toronto Last Night51,820 Views93 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Drake's Second Meek Mill Diss, "Back To Back"80,577 Views130 Comments
- Listen To Erykah Badu's New Mix9,147 Views4 Comments
You may also like...