Every March, the relatively small city of Austin, Texas bursts at the seams for a few weeks to host South by Southwest (SXSW), a music, arts and film festival put on in venues around the downtown.
Fashawn's new album has been a long time coming. Finally the rapper was able to lock in a release date for the sophomore effort, after inking a deal with the Nas-helmed record label Mass Appeal.
Run The Jewels are earning critical-acclaim from just about every major publication for their new Run The Jewels 2 LP, but the biggest story to come from their fan appreciation night came from an entirely different hip-hop act: Nas.
Mass Appeal, who've seen a resurgence over the past two years, and they've even started their own imprint with help from Nas, have revealed the cover for their new issue.
Bishop Nehru may have just dropped his new album with MF DOOM, NehruvianDOOM (which we reviewed here), but he's already got his next project lined up, with assistance from one of rap's living legends.
Over the course of the past few months, Nas has been beefing up the roster of his relatively new Mass Appeal label with his favorite underground artists, signing Boldy James, Fashawn, Bishop Nehru and Run The Jewels.
Today we received the new single from Run The Jewels' forthcoming second album, RTJ2, "Blockbuster Night Pt. 1." The record came via Mass Appeal, as well as the announcement that the duo Killer Mike and El-P have signed a deal with Mass Appeal Records.
Nas To Release "Lost Tapes 2" And Posthumous Pimp C Album On Mass Appeal Records May 16, 2014 at 03:09pm
When Nas' contract with Def Jam runs out later this year, it appears that the veteran MC won't be without a label to call home. As previously reported, Nas will launch Mass Appeal Records, and now it seems like he'll be releasing projects on the label too.
Nas Signs Boldy James On Newly-Launched Mass Appeal Imprint [Update: Boldy James Denies Signing To Mass Appeal] Apr 18, 2014 at 04:12pm
Boldy James is one of the illest rappers you probably haven't listened to yet, but we can expect that all to change very soon now that he's got the backing of the original Illmatic MC, Nas.
Cam'ron is making a bit of a comeback this year. We've already heard a pretty awesome collaboration between him and A-Trak, and we'll be getting an EP from the duo later this year.
It's pretty common knowledge, if you follow either rapper on Twitter or any form of social media, that ScHoolboy Q and Mac Miller are friends-- Mac seems to be friendly with a lot of the TDE camp, with Q and Ab-Soul both appearing on Watching Movies With The S
Hip-hop magazine Mass Appeal announced it's return to the print game earlier this year, after taking a five-year break. The magazine, which started back in 1996, featured Nas on their 2001 cover.
Brooklyn-based urban lifestyle magazine Mass Appeal is back in print after a 5-year hiatus, with Earl Sweatshirt gracing the cover of their 52nd issue alongside Blake Anderson of Workaholics fame.
- Top Tracks: April 13 - April 191,996 Views3 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan "Hurt" By Young Thug's "Bitch Homie Quan" Comment17,555 Views65 Comments
- Kanye West: "I Am An Innovator," Not A Musician8,602 Views76 Comments
- 4/20 Playlist7,113 Views22 Comments
- araabMUZIK Announces New Album "Dream World"1,536 Views3 Comments
- Russell Westbrook's Air Jordan 'Westbrook 0' Officially Unveiled4,528 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Covers PAPER Magazine3,373 Views14 Comments
- Migos Denied Bail After Arrest At Georgia Southern University14,694 Views50 Comments
- Rappers Share Their Smoking Preferences For 4/2015,261 Views37 Comments
- Big Sean & Ariana Grande Have Reportedly Broken Up45,977 Views122 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Shares Tracklist & Release Date For "The Growing Process"5,679 Views15 Comments
- Stream Curren$y's "Even More Saturday Night Car Tunes"10,436 Views13 Comments
- 10 Things To Do On 4/2013,933 Views57 Comments
- Top-10 Marijuana Inspired Sneakers591 Views0 Comments
- Lil Durk Shares Artwork, Release Date For "Remember My Name"8,050 Views36 Comments