It's hard to say anyone had a bigger 2015 than Future. His only competitor when it came to hitmaking was Drake, and by the end of the year, even he was knocking on Future's door.
Back in 2002, Nas put out The Lost Tapes, a collection of unreleased tracks that were recorded during the studio sessions for albums like I Am..., Nastradamus, and Stillmatic.
Every March, the relatively small city of Austin, Texas bursts at the seams for a few weeks to host South by Southwest (SXSW), a music, arts and film festival put on in venues around the downtown.
Fashawn's new album has been a long time coming. Finally the rapper was able to lock in a release date for the sophomore effort, after inking a deal with the Nas-helmed record label Mass Appeal.
Run The Jewels are earning critical-acclaim from just about every major publication for their new Run The Jewels 2 LP, but the biggest story to come from their fan appreciation night came from an entirely different hip-hop act: Nas.
Mass Appeal, who've seen a resurgence over the past two years, and they've even started their own imprint with help from Nas, have revealed the cover for their new issue.
Bishop Nehru may have just dropped his new album with MF DOOM, NehruvianDOOM (which we reviewed here), but he's already got his next project lined up, with assistance from one of rap's living legends.
Over the course of the past few months, Nas has been beefing up the roster of his relatively new Mass Appeal label with his favorite underground artists, signing Boldy James, Fashawn, Bishop Nehru and Run The Jewels.
Today we received the new single from Run The Jewels' forthcoming second album, RTJ2, "Blockbuster Night Pt. 1." The record came via Mass Appeal, as well as the announcement that the duo Killer Mike and El-P have signed a deal with Mass Appeal Records.
Nas To Release "Lost Tapes 2" And Posthumous Pimp C Album On Mass Appeal Records May 16, 2014 at 03:09pm
When Nas' contract with Def Jam runs out later this year, it appears that the veteran MC won't be without a label to call home. As previously reported, Nas will launch Mass Appeal Records, and now it seems like he'll be releasing projects on the label too.
Nas Signs Boldy James On Newly-Launched Mass Appeal Imprint [Update: Boldy James Denies Signing To Mass Appeal] Apr 18, 2014 at 04:12pm
Boldy James is one of the illest rappers you probably haven't listened to yet, but we can expect that all to change very soon now that he's got the backing of the original Illmatic MC, Nas.
Cam'ron is making a bit of a comeback this year. We've already heard a pretty awesome collaboration between him and A-Trak, and we'll be getting an EP from the duo later this year.
It's pretty common knowledge, if you follow either rapper on Twitter or any form of social media, that ScHoolboy Q and Mac Miller are friends-- Mac seems to be friendly with a lot of the TDE camp, with Q and Ab-Soul both appearing on Watching Movies With The S
Hip-hop magazine Mass Appeal announced it's return to the print game earlier this year, after taking a five-year break. The magazine, which started back in 1996, featured Nas on their 2001 cover.
Brooklyn-based urban lifestyle magazine Mass Appeal is back in print after a 5-year hiatus, with Earl Sweatshirt gracing the cover of their 52nd issue alongside Blake Anderson of Workaholics fame.
- Review: Freddie Gibbs' "Shadow Of A Doubt"5,736 Views129 Comments
- DMX Is Guest-Starring On ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat"2,540 Views13 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th8,527 Views31 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20165,320 Views25 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"10,708 Views53 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption17,701 Views68 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together14,857 Views77 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist7,701 Views18 Comments
- Former Cowboys Running Back Arrested For Assaulting A Law Officer At A Casino5,110 Views0 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Countersued By Former Label7,848 Views25 Comments
- Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record For Best Start To A Season2,533 Views0 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Believes Race Played Role In His Overseas Bans6,394 Views31 Comments
- Vic Mensa Joins Chicago Protests Following Police Killing Of Laquan McDonald8,210 Views51 Comments
- Someone Bought That Secret Wu-Tang Album For "Millions"22,105 Views79 Comments