Thankfully, What a Time to Be Alive (mostly) focused on the present, the "now." Both Drake and Future have been on their own respective winning streaks, and their collaborative album is about channeling their two different, but equally flourishing, e
After Meek Mill pointed out a co-writer Drake had been working with on If You're Reading This It's Too Late, collaborative writing in rap has been something of a hot topic.
Meek Mill has stirred up a lot of feelings with his twitter rant. The rapper has people taking sides, analyzing what it means to be a rapper, and ghostwriting's place in hip-hop as a whole.
Early yesterday morning, Meek Mill revealed to the world that Drake's verse on "R.I.C.O." was co-written by a guy named Quentin Miller. Jaws dropped, twitter exploded, and many debated whether Drake was still eligible for "best rapper" status.
A lot of rappers have responded to Meek Mill's twitter rant, and now Lupe Fiasco has added his two cents.
Last night, Meek Mill announced to the world that Drake's verse on their collaboration "R.I.C.O." was in fact written with the help of someone else.
Towards the end of last year, we all learned of Nicki Minaj's breakup with her longtime boyfriend Safaree Samuels via their very public fallout.
Tory Lanez has worked hard to achieve a successful solo career, one that you think wouldn't necessitate a side gig, but it turns out the Toronto native also has a fairly prolific career ghostwriting for other artists.
Well, this is rather surprising. Tinashe (who prior to this, had no experience as a ghostwriter for pop stars) has revealed that she originally wrote Jennifer Lopez's comeback single "I Luh Ya Papi."
One of the more notable guest appearances on Jay Z's classic debut album Reasonable Doubt was from a 15-year-old emcee by the name of Memphis Bleek.
Rumors have been speculating for quite some time that Australian emcee Iggy Azalea has been relying on ghostwriters--namely her former label head T.I.--to pen her major hits. Well, now we can put that particular story to rest.
Nicki Minaj Blasts Ransom, Says She's Never Had A Ghostwriter [Update: Ransom Responds] Aug 8, 2013 at 10:20am
Nicki Minaj definitely isn't one to take shit from anyone. Recently, rapper Ransom dropped a song called "Man Alone" which picked up some buzz around the web for one line in particular, which mentions Ms. Nicki.
Memphis Rapper Yoyo Munie Claims He Ghostwrote "Bands A Make Her Dance" Hook, Other Juicy J Tracks May 7, 2013 at 04:54pm
You may have heard Memphis rapper Yoyo Munie when a track titled "Bet Yo Bank Roll" made blog circulation a few years back. The song featured a guest verse from Juicy J, and a very catchy well written hook, akin to something Juicy might do himself.
- John Legend & Chrissy Teigen Expecting First Child Together331 Views18 Comments
- Tracklist Revealed For DJ Khaled’s “I Changed A Lot” Album7,346 Views51 Comments
- Lil Wayne's Ex Karrine Steffans Blasts Him For His Sex Tape Performance52,564 Views204 Comments
- Rich The Kid & ILoveMakonnen To Release "Whip It Up" Mixtape6,301 Views54 Comments
- Future Buys Drake Diamond-Encrusted FBGOVO Ring31,191 Views213 Comments
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2015 Green Carpet Interviews: T-Pain, DeJ, Esco, & More7,649 Views10 Comments
- LeBron James Ends His Deal With McDonald's To Become A Pizza Franchisee11,650 Views0 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign To Release "Airplane Mode" Mixtape Tomorrow7,772 Views32 Comments
- Rihanna Named One Of "The Greats" By NYTimes Style Magazine2,922 Views28 Comments
- Lil Durk & Dej Loaf: "Next Big Hip-Hop Couple"22,856 Views66 Comments
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2015 Cypher To Feature Vince Staples, Redman, & More22,328 Views131 Comments
- DJ Khaled Announces Album Release Date, Two Singles Dropping Today13,499 Views76 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Performs New Song, Mentions Third Mixtape11,921 Views30 Comments
- Four New Colorways Of The Adidas Yeezy 950 Boot Unveiled3,043 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Was Urged Against Dating White Women When He Was Young20,871 Views103 Comments