- J. Cole Recalls Losing "Stay" To Nas & "Tears Of Joy" To Rick RossFeb 22, 2013 at 09:57amWhile we wait for J. Cole's delayed sophomore album, Born Sinner, the North Carolina native delivered his EP Truly Yours to occupy us.
- Lupe Fiasco Doesn't Think He'll Win Grammy For Best Rap AlbumFeb 8, 2013 at 10:30amLupe Fiasco, never one to be different, has done a string of strange things as of late, including deleting his Twitter, getting kicked off stage for repeating the same lyrics, and announcing the cancellation of Food & Liquor 2: P
- Nas Announces "The Movement 2013" Music Festival Featuring Joey Bada$$, 2 Chainz & MoreFeb 6, 2013 at 02:20pmNas has just announced that he will be both curating and headlining a new festival, which he's calling "The Movement 2013".
- Top 90s Era Rappers Who Are Still RelevantNov 3, 2012 at 11:16amThe 1990’s was the most crucial decade in the mainstream acceptance of hip hop as a viable art form. The genre’s fresh, energetic sound, coupled with an explosion of talent and one very tragic feud, allowed for rap music to assume a dominant position in popular culture. Some of the legendary acts that created the foundation for this success are still emceeing, and rapping with the same creativity and skill that was so instrumental to the genre’s breakthrough. To pay tribute to their longevity, here is our list of 90s era rappers who are still relevant in the second
- Charts Don't Lie: August 19thAug 19, 2012 at 12:13pm2 Chainz results are still being tallied, but with the rumor mill running wild it seems he will top Billboard next week with 140,000 albums sold. Thus, with Based on a T.R.U. Story in lieu, this week’s charts appear very similar to those of the week before:
- Win Passes to "Summer Set": See Nas, Black Star Yelawolf and MoreAug 13, 2012 at 02:20pmWe'll pick 2 winners at random (2 pairs of passes are up for grabs) and announce them on Wednesday, August 22nd.Click HERE to Enter!
- Charts Don't Lie: August 12thAug 12, 2012 at 08:04pmStatistics have been an essential part of the rap game for years. "Who is number one?", "How well will an album debut?", and "Will it reach gold?", are just a few of the recorded facts that can be found here. It has been said that numbers never lie, so without further ado let us see what truths they tell.
- Exclusive Interview: Chicago Rapper YP Talks On Meeting Nas & Q-Tip, Upcoming ProjectsMay 22, 2012 at 01:06pmChicago is a city buzzing with many talented rappers, and one of the them on the come-up is YP. YP was signed to Universal Republic this past year, and has a few projects in the works, so if you're unfamiliar with him, you will be very familiar soon (reading our interview will also help!). YP talked to