Although Kanye West's infamous interruption of Taylor Swift may have seemed like a one-off moment from the rapper, or a a side effect of his huge ego, it turns out, 'Ye has always been one to interrupt a show.
Kanye West began as a producer, but with a personality as big as his, it was impossible for him to stay behind the boards forever.
Kanye West cut his teeth producing records for the likes of Jay Z, but has since left his mark as one of the greatest rappers of the past 15 years. His influence on rap music and culture top notch, only to be met by the top dogs in the game.
Talib Kweli Speaks On Reports That Yasiin Bey Is Not Allowed To Return To U.S. May 29, 2014 at 03:05pm
The other week a report surfaced that Yasiin Bey, better known as Mos Def, had to cancel a string of U.S. tour dates because he was not allowed to re-enter the United States.
Talib Kweli recently gave his opinion on Rick Ross' "U.O.E.N.O." lyrics, saying that Ross' apology for the date rape lyrics was unacceptable. Now the socially conscious rapper has once again called out a mainstream rapper for questionable lyrics.
Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) & Talib Kweli Reunite At Dave Chappelle's Show In New York Jun 28, 2014 at 10:56am
Much like his iconic sketch comedy series, Chappelle's Show, music has played a big role in Dave Chappelle's recent string of shows at Radio City Music Hall.
Raekwon and Talib Kweli met up in Brooklyn, New York to film their upcoming video for the track they did together, "Violations." While they were filming, HotNewHipHop met up with Raekwon to pose him a question, how he thinks the internet has impacted hip- hop.
Talib Kweli announced earlier today that his upcoming effort, Prisoner Of Conscious has been delayed yet again.
Talib Kweli Reveals New "Prisoner Of Conscious" Release Date [Update: Album Pushed Back Again] Apr 14, 2013 at 04:36pm
Rejoining Yaasin Bey (Mos Def) on stage for a couple performances and then hinting at a Black Star reunion album, Talib Kweli turned some heads in 2012. He also dropped his Attack The Block mixtape, and geared up for his next solo LP, which was
Yasiin Bey has taken on the role as a hip-hop elder. He speaks on important issues and is often times regarded as a spokesperson for the culture along with cats like Talib Kweli, Questlove, Q-Tip, etc.
Talib Kweli Talks Recording With Kendrick Lamar, Nelly & Miguel On New Album Feb 12, 2013 at 06:39pm
Heralded as one of the most talented emcees to ever grab a mic, Talib Kweli has been hard at work on his latest album Prisoner Of Consciousness, which will include some nice features. While in Detroit for Dilla Day, honoring the
While February 7th is celebrated as "Dilla Day" in Detroit, this year, the celebration will be going down in Miami as "Dilla Day" turns into a weekend event, February 5th through the 8th.
Talib Kweli stays in the studio. The rapper released a new album, Gravitas, in December, which itself had quickly followed up Prisoner Of Conscious.
Talib Kweli is following up his album from this past May, Prisoner Of Conscious, with Gravitas.
Continuing to ride the wave of their recently insanely successful record sales, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, who are currently touring in Europe, have announced that after finishing up there that they will be touring the U.S., and bringing along a couple dope re
The first few months of 2013 passed with the hip-hop game in limbo, with a severe lack of albums that sparked everyone's attention. Weezys tenth album, I Am Not A Human Being II, was mediocre compared to his previous projects, A$AP Rocky's album, despite be
Talib Kweli Clarifies Statements On Rick Ross & Lil Wayne, Asks Why Eminem & Biggie Are Not Questioned Similarly Apr 5, 2013 at 12:48pm
Talib Kweli has been a vocal presence in the controversies around Rick Ross and Lil Wayne's lyrics.
Repetition remains a reality in the rap game, and specific bars tend to get overlooked. This is an opportunity to take a closer listen and really consider what these artists have to say. We encourage your opinions.
Talib Kweli is dropping his new album, Prisoner Of Conscious, tomorrow, and today he provides fans a full album stream.
In Tallahassee yesterday, veteran rapper Talib Kweli joined the ongoing sit-in protests at the Florida Capitol.
Weeks after Trinidad James bashed New York's radio stations for not playing enough local artists, Brooklyn rap veteran Talib Kweli decided to back James' comments and say the same thing.
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine282 Views5 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)3,490 Views10 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL6,623 Views40 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape16,361 Views42 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them4,306 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans3,624 Views6 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)1,284 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack3,524 Views23 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death21,273 Views51 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God6,081 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape12,424 Views60 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album32,368 Views153 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon11,921 Views60 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again7,218 Views28 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations7,300 Views17 Comments