By dropping the "Hickory" visuals today, Kool A.D. has now released a video for all eleven songs off his album Word O.K. And not only is it easily the coolest vid off album, it's a frontrunner for video of the year.
We regret to report that Brooklyn rapper, Pumpkinhead, has passed away at the age of 39.
DJ EFN is Miami-based, but his collaborators span all different regions and generations.
While February 7th is celebrated as "Dilla Day" in Detroit, this year, the celebration will be going down in Miami as "Dilla Day" turns into a weekend event, February 5th through the 8th.
Yasiin Bey has taken on the role as a hip-hop elder. He speaks on important issues and is often times regarded as a spokesperson for the culture along with cats like Talib Kweli, Questlove, Q-Tip, etc.
Talib Kweli and Javotti Media's new tape, The Cathedral, has him putting on a number of younger artists, as well as teaming up with old homies like Pharoahe Monch for some very enjoyable tracks.
Kanye West cut his teeth producing records for the likes of Jay Z, but has since left his mark as one of the greatest rappers of the past 15 years. His influence on rap music and culture top notch, only to be met by the top dogs in the game.
Chris Webby gives us a bit of a science lesson as to what dopamine is exactly on his latest single off Chemically Imbalanced-- it's an appropriate record given the album's title, and the record is all about getting high off happiness.
Despite being a legendary producer and one of the founding members of the veteran Diggin' In the Crates (D.I.T.C.) collective, Diamond D has not released a production compilation album, until now.
Bottom Feeder Music is working on putting together a compilation album, Gorilla State, and today they've unleashed the first single off it.
Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) & Talib Kweli Reunite At Dave Chappelle's Show In New York Jun 28, 2014 at 10:56am
Much like his iconic sketch comedy series, Chappelle's Show, music has played a big role in Dave Chappelle's recent string of shows at Radio City Music Hall.
Talib Kweli Speaks On Reports That Yasiin Bey Is Not Allowed To Return To U.S. May 29, 2014 at 03:05pm
The other week a report surfaced that Yasiin Bey, better known as Mos Def, had to cancel a string of U.S. tour dates because he was not allowed to re-enter the United States.
Even though he may not punch the mainstream market, Talib Kweli sure knows how to stay relevant. Tonight, the Brooklyn lyricist was the musical guest on The Arsenio Hall Show.
Not long after delivering the visual for “Rare Portraits”, Talib Kweli returns with yet another video off his latest album Gravitas. This time around, the Brooklyn spitta drops off an animated clip for “State Of Grace” featuring Abby Dobson.
Talib Kweli stays in the studio. The rapper released a new album, Gravitas, in December, which itself had quickly followed up Prisoner Of Conscious.
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 3,954 Views16 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall2,511 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”21,961 Views115 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail29,629 Views90 Comments
- Young Money Rapper, Flow, Arrested On Charges Of Double Murder23,159 Views67 Comments
- Tyga's "The Gold Album" Sold 2,200 Copies Its Opening Week45,481 Views212 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: June 20153,161 Views3 Comments
- Rome Fortune Intentionally Tweets Dick Pic16,229 Views49 Comments
- Joe Budden Announces Release Date For "All Love Lost"5,485 Views12 Comments
- Review: Tyga's "The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty"23,060 Views152 Comments
- The Game Facing Felony And Misdemeanor Charges For Punching Off-Duty Cop8,323 Views17 Comments
- Kid Ink Is Engaged16,762 Views53 Comments
- Top-5 July Sneaker Releases To Keep Your Eye On2,201 Views0 Comments
- Natural Born Hustlers: Top 5 Rapper CEOs7,985 Views26 Comments
- Rihanna Named Best Selling Digital Artist Of All-Time7,411 Views34 Comments