After dealing with his controversy over statements towards New York and recent actions at a basketball game, Lil Wayne finds himself in the crosshairs of yet another bitter embattlement, this time over lyrics in Future's "Karate Chop" remix.
Talib Kweli recently gave his opinion on Rick Ross' "U.O.E.N.O." lyrics, saying that Ross' apology for the date rape lyrics was unacceptable. Now the socially conscious rapper has once again called out a mainstream rapper for questionable lyrics.
Lil Wayne has seen himself involved in lots of controversy over the last few months, and none gained him more infamy than his Emmett Till line on "Karate Chop." Now Weezy has changed the lyrics, and apologized to the Till family.
Mountain Dew Drops Lil Wayne Over Emmett Till Line [Update: Till Family Reacts To Drop] May 4, 2013 at 12:44pm
It seems as though Lil Wayne's recent apology for his crude reference to Emmett Till on "Karate Chop (remix)" was not good enough for his sponsors. Lil Wayne and PepsiCo have officially parted ways.
Lil Wayne Issues Apology To Emmett Till Family Over Lyric [Update: Till Family Does Not Accept It] May 2, 2013 at 10:02am
Lil Wayne received a lot of criticism within the hip-hop community and outside of it for his reference to Emmett Till in Future's "Karate Chop (Remix)." Although it seemed like we'd never get an official apology from Weezy (but his record label did issue one)
Future Explains How Lil Wayne Helped Shed Light On Emmett Till In Positive Way May 14, 2013 at 11:53am
The Emmett Till controversy surrounding Lil Wayne's lyric in "Karate Chop (Remix)" has almost come to a close. Mountain Dew and Till's family sat down for a pro-active conversation on the incident last week, after Mountain Dew announced that Lil Wayne had bee
Lil Wayne came under serious heat after his insensitive Emmitt Till line on Future's hit single "Karate Chop," which lead to Weezy being dropped from several sponsorships and having to do serious PR work and apologize to fans and the Till family. T.I.
The family of Emmett Till were very upset when Lil Wayne referenced Till very tastelessly on the "Karate Chop (Remix)".
Lil Wayne’s recent Emmett Till reference has drawn a lot of attention and negative feedback as even Till’s family has issued a statement with their disappointment. The lyric appears
PepsiCo To Meet With Emmett Till's Family To Discuss Lil Wayne Controversy [Update: Statement Released Following Meeting] May 8, 2013 at 04:46pm
The whole debacle between Lil Wayne, Emmett Till's family, and Mountain Dew may turn out to be a teaching moment for the rest of America, at least, that's what Al Sharpton hopes for.
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums20 Views0 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 971 View0 Comments
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs22,638 Views63 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine6,475 Views36 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)6,327 Views10 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL11,561 Views58 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape26,549 Views60 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them6,387 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans5,910 Views9 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)2,031 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack5,188 Views24 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death32,046 Views61 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God7,160 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape15,736 Views52 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album36,783 Views155 Comments
You may also like...
- André DeSaint "Work For Me" Video666 Views
- Wati Heru "White Lines" Video295 Views
- Tory Lanez & Shlohmo "Acting Like" Video10,230 Views