After dealing with his controversy over statements towards New York and recent actions at a basketball game, Lil Wayne finds himself in the crosshairs of yet another bitter embattlement, this time over lyrics in Future's "Karate Chop" remix.
Will Smith and Jay Z teamed up for last year's "Annie" remake, sharing production credits on the musical, which also stared Jamie Foxx. The two superstars are joining forces once more, this time foraying into television with a new HBO mini series.
Lil Wayne has seen himself involved in lots of controversy over the last few months, and none gained him more infamy than his Emmett Till line on "Karate Chop." Now Weezy has changed the lyrics, and apologized to the Till family.
Mountain Dew Drops Lil Wayne Over Emmett Till Line [Update: Till Family Reacts To Drop] May 4, 2013 at 12:44pm
It seems as though Lil Wayne's recent apology for his crude reference to Emmett Till on "Karate Chop (remix)" was not good enough for his sponsors. Lil Wayne and PepsiCo have officially parted ways.
Lil Wayne Issues Apology To Emmett Till Family Over Lyric [Update: Till Family Does Not Accept It] May 2, 2013 at 10:02am
Lil Wayne received a lot of criticism within the hip-hop community and outside of it for his reference to Emmett Till in Future's "Karate Chop (Remix)." Although it seemed like we'd never get an official apology from Weezy (but his record label did issue one)
Future Explains How Lil Wayne Helped Shed Light On Emmett Till In Positive Way May 14, 2013 at 11:53am
The Emmett Till controversy surrounding Lil Wayne's lyric in "Karate Chop (Remix)" has almost come to a close. Mountain Dew and Till's family sat down for a pro-active conversation on the incident last week, after Mountain Dew announced that Lil Wayne had bee
Lil Wayne came under serious heat after his insensitive Emmitt Till line on Future's hit single "Karate Chop," which lead to Weezy being dropped from several sponsorships and having to do serious PR work and apologize to fans and the Till family. T.I.
The family of Emmett Till were very upset when Lil Wayne referenced Till very tastelessly on the "Karate Chop (Remix)".
Lil Wayne’s recent Emmett Till reference has drawn a lot of attention and negative feedback as even Till’s family has issued a statement with their disappointment. The lyric appears
PepsiCo To Meet With Emmett Till's Family To Discuss Lil Wayne Controversy [Update: Statement Released Following Meeting] May 8, 2013 at 04:46pm
The whole debacle between Lil Wayne, Emmett Till's family, and Mountain Dew may turn out to be a teaching moment for the rest of America, at least, that's what Al Sharpton hopes for.
Talib Kweli recently gave his opinion on Rick Ross' "U.O.E.N.O." lyrics, saying that Ross' apology for the date rape lyrics was unacceptable. Now the socially conscious rapper has once again called out a mainstream rapper for questionable lyrics.
- Birdman's Instagram Hacked2,057 Views9 Comments
- Mac Miller's 3rd Studio Album Is Done3,950 Views46 Comments
- 'OVO' Air Jordan 10 Scheduled To Release This Weekend1,744 Views0 Comments
- PartyNextDoor's 5 Best Non-Album Tracks7,420 Views33 Comments
- K Camp Unveils Cover Art For "Only Way Is Up"2,321 Views14 Comments
- Stream Soulja Boy's "King Soulja 4"2,846 Views45 Comments
- #TBT: Fabolous' 2001-2005 Era4,646 Views19 Comments
- Tyga Says Eviction Lawsuit Is Fraudulent 5,364 Views35 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Dr. Dre's "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack7,026 Views15 Comments
- Jordan Brand Loses Trademark Lawsuit Against Knock-Off Beijing Company4,105 Views0 Comments
- Next Chief Keef Hologram Benefit Concert To Broadcast In 3 Cities At Once4,890 Views14 Comments
- iHeart Radio Music Festival Taps Kanye West, The Weeknd, Lil Wayne & More5,590 Views8 Comments
- R. Kelly Announces "Buffet" Album Release Date3,804 Views22 Comments
- Is Earl Sweatshirt Changing His Rap Name?21,874 Views41 Comments
- The 5 Most Confusing Things Birdman Said In His Angie Martinez Interview69,528 Views87 Comments