After dealing with his controversy over statements towards New York and recent actions at a basketball game, Lil Wayne finds himself in the crosshairs of yet another bitter embattlement, this time over lyrics in Future's "Karate Chop" remix.
Talib Kweli recently gave his opinion on Rick Ross' "U.O.E.N.O." lyrics, saying that Ross' apology for the date rape lyrics was unacceptable. Now the socially conscious rapper has once again called out a mainstream rapper for questionable lyrics.
Lil Wayne has seen himself involved in lots of controversy over the last few months, and none gained him more infamy than his Emmett Till line on "Karate Chop." Now Weezy has changed the lyrics, and apologized to the Till family.
Mountain Dew Drops Lil Wayne Over Emmett Till Line [Update: Till Family Reacts To Drop] May 4, 2013 at 12:44pm
It seems as though Lil Wayne's recent apology for his crude reference to Emmett Till on "Karate Chop (remix)" was not good enough for his sponsors. Lil Wayne and PepsiCo have officially parted ways.
Lil Wayne Issues Apology To Emmett Till Family Over Lyric [Update: Till Family Does Not Accept It] May 2, 2013 at 10:02am
Lil Wayne received a lot of criticism within the hip-hop community and outside of it for his reference to Emmett Till in Future's "Karate Chop (Remix)." Although it seemed like we'd never get an official apology from Weezy (but his record label did issue one)
Future Explains How Lil Wayne Helped Shed Light On Emmett Till In Positive Way May 14, 2013 at 11:53am
The Emmett Till controversy surrounding Lil Wayne's lyric in "Karate Chop (Remix)" has almost come to a close. Mountain Dew and Till's family sat down for a pro-active conversation on the incident last week, after Mountain Dew announced that Lil Wayne had bee
Lil Wayne came under serious heat after his insensitive Emmitt Till line on Future's hit single "Karate Chop," which lead to Weezy being dropped from several sponsorships and having to do serious PR work and apologize to fans and the Till family. T.I.
The family of Emmett Till were very upset when Lil Wayne referenced Till very tastelessly on the "Karate Chop (Remix)".
Lil Wayne’s recent Emmett Till reference has drawn a lot of attention and negative feedback as even Till’s family has issued a statement with their disappointment. The lyric appears
PepsiCo To Meet With Emmett Till's Family To Discuss Lil Wayne Controversy [Update: Statement Released Following Meeting] May 8, 2013 at 04:46pm
The whole debacle between Lil Wayne, Emmett Till's family, and Mountain Dew may turn out to be a teaching moment for the rest of America, at least, that's what Al Sharpton hopes for.
- Drake Hints At Remix To Fetty Wap's "My Way"7,999 Views30 Comments
- Under Armour Officially Unveils 'MVP' Edition Of The Curry One1,309 Views0 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Will Join Ice Cube & Eve In "Barbershop 3"4,015 Views19 Comments
- Top Tracks: April 27 - May 32,105 Views2 Comments
- Jaden Smith Deletes His Twitter Account5,499 Views18 Comments
- Pharrell & Robin Thicke Are Trying To Take "Blurred Lines" Back To Court3,002 Views13 Comments
- Chris Brown Reportedly Involved In Basketball Brawl 8,821 Views36 Comments
- Stream Tech N9ne's "Special Effects"3,038 Views25 Comments
- The Best Possible Acronyms For Kanye West's "SWISH"14,579 Views37 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign & B.o.B Cover RESPECT Magazine2,036 Views4 Comments
- 7 Most Costly NBA Playoff Injuries Of The Last Decade1,748 Views0 Comments
- Who Had The Better Verse: Fabolous Vs. Lloyd Banks7,142 Views38 Comments
- Capone-N-Noreaga Share "Lessons" Artwork & Tracklist1,287 Views5 Comments
- Tyga Blasts TMZ For "Fabricated" Story11,970 Views34 Comments
- Rise & Grind Playlist4,913 Views18 Comments