After dealing with his controversy over statements towards New York and recent actions at a basketball game, Lil Wayne finds himself in the crosshairs of yet another bitter embattlement, this time over lyrics in Future's "Karate Chop" remix.
Will Smith and Jay Z teamed up for last year's "Annie" remake, sharing production credits on the musical, which also stared Jamie Foxx. The two superstars are joining forces once more, this time foraying into television with a new HBO mini series.
Lil Wayne has seen himself involved in lots of controversy over the last few months, and none gained him more infamy than his Emmett Till line on "Karate Chop." Now Weezy has changed the lyrics, and apologized to the Till family.
Mountain Dew Drops Lil Wayne Over Emmett Till Line [Update: Till Family Reacts To Drop] May 4, 2013 at 12:44pm
It seems as though Lil Wayne's recent apology for his crude reference to Emmett Till on "Karate Chop (remix)" was not good enough for his sponsors. Lil Wayne and PepsiCo have officially parted ways.
Lil Wayne Issues Apology To Emmett Till Family Over Lyric [Update: Till Family Does Not Accept It] May 2, 2013 at 10:02am
Lil Wayne received a lot of criticism within the hip-hop community and outside of it for his reference to Emmett Till in Future's "Karate Chop (Remix)." Although it seemed like we'd never get an official apology from Weezy (but his record label did issue one)
Future Explains How Lil Wayne Helped Shed Light On Emmett Till In Positive Way May 14, 2013 at 11:53am
The Emmett Till controversy surrounding Lil Wayne's lyric in "Karate Chop (Remix)" has almost come to a close. Mountain Dew and Till's family sat down for a pro-active conversation on the incident last week, after Mountain Dew announced that Lil Wayne had bee
Lil Wayne came under serious heat after his insensitive Emmitt Till line on Future's hit single "Karate Chop," which lead to Weezy being dropped from several sponsorships and having to do serious PR work and apologize to fans and the Till family. T.I.
The family of Emmett Till were very upset when Lil Wayne referenced Till very tastelessly on the "Karate Chop (Remix)".
Lil Wayne’s recent Emmett Till reference has drawn a lot of attention and negative feedback as even Till’s family has issued a statement with their disappointment. The lyric appears
PepsiCo To Meet With Emmett Till's Family To Discuss Lil Wayne Controversy [Update: Statement Released Following Meeting] May 8, 2013 at 04:46pm
The whole debacle between Lil Wayne, Emmett Till's family, and Mountain Dew may turn out to be a teaching moment for the rest of America, at least, that's what Al Sharpton hopes for.
Talib Kweli recently gave his opinion on Rick Ross' "U.O.E.N.O." lyrics, saying that Ross' apology for the date rape lyrics was unacceptable. Now the socially conscious rapper has once again called out a mainstream rapper for questionable lyrics.
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See1,854 Views32 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum6,592 Views63 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?4,959 Views61 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby10,083 Views39 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus8,948 Views64 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"3,267 Views29 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works305 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds6,446 Views34 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice1,665 Views6 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More4,633 Views16 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC2,372 Views0 Comments
- Safaree Samuels Covered Up His Nicki Minaj Tattoo9,913 Views32 Comments
- DeJ Loaf Hits The Studio With Pharrell & Pusha T3,596 Views24 Comments