During his performance at KMEL Summer Jam in the Bay Area, Lil Wayne decided to make a very special announcement to the crowd. "I just signed a deal with my motherfucking idol, Jay Z," Wayne declared to cheering fans.
Beyonce is making a change in business as she moves from ICM Agency, whom she was signed with since 2006, to CAA. This move only pertains to her music, for gigs related to acting she will remain under ICM Agency, Complex reports.
Waka Flocka has been keeping his name afloat in our daily news feed, thanks to his announcement as a 2016 presidential candidate as well as news about his upcoming album Flockaveli 2 and how he doesn't "deserve" a Kanye West feature.
Curren$y Speaks On Collaborating With Riff Raff & Wanting To Sign Joey Fatts To Jet Life Mar 9, 2015 at 05:16pm
Curren$y sat down with our boy Baker for an interview after a show the other week, and spoke on what to expect from the upcoming Pilot Talk instalment, Pilot Talk 3.
With Yeezy Season in full effect, the rapper has added a new rapper to his G.O.O.D. Music roster, who is also a Chi-town native. Hollywood Holt, or just Holt, made the announcement via twitter and Instagram today.
Troy Ave is doing pretty well for himself as an independent artist, and while he's looking to maintain that level of creative control, he's looking for some type of major label backing as well.
Mariah Carey did not have the best 2014. Despite releasing a solid late career record, the iconic singer experienced a record low in album sales, with Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse still sitting at just over 100,000 sold.
Despite tensions running high between Lil Wayne and Birdman, and by extension, Young Money and Cash Money, YM is still keeping business alive and well, signing a new singer to their roster.
Lil Wayne On Cash Money: "I'm In A Bad Situation, But I Will Be Out Of It Soon" [Update: Wayne Says There's "Nothing Else" But Young Money] Dec 11, 2014 at 05:04pm
When Lil Wayne took to Twitter earlier this week to announce the delay of Carter V, it wasn't all that surprising. What was surprising was his vocal frustration with both the label and his mentor/father figure Birdman.
This is definitely not news we were expecting, but good to hear for the veteran radio personality nonetheless. Angie Martinez is making stiff competition for her fellow on-air personalities, by inking a management deal with Jay Z's Roc Nation.
This footage has been circulating the web the past few days, although it's a bit older than that. Reportedly it's from the day Bobby Shmurda signed his major label deal with Epic Records (which happened back in July).
Not that Kanye West really needs the money, but the rapper reportedly turned down an offer from a Las Vegas casino which would have made him the highest-paid act in Vegas, topping Jennifer Lopez, Celine Dione and Britney Spears.
King Los Announces New Deal With RCA, Debut Album Executive Produced By Diddy Oct 23, 2014 at 02:07pm
Earlier today we premiered a new record from former Bad Boy rapper King Los, "Only One Of Me." Along with the new single, Los had some big news to share; he inked a deal with RCA for himself and the After Platinum imprint.
Mac Miller proved that a rapper can be successful as a completely independent artist, paving the way for artists like Macklemore who found similar benefits doing things on their own. This makes news that Mac has signed with Warner Bros.
Today we received the new single from Run The Jewels' forthcoming second album, RTJ2, "Blockbuster Night Pt. 1." The record came via Mass Appeal, as well as the announcement that the duo Killer Mike and El-P have signed a deal with Mass Appeal Records.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
Bobby Shmurda has been taking over the NY streets these past few weeks with his record “Hot Nigga”, and its Shmoney Dance.
The other week we learned of Young Thug's connection to the newly-launched 300 label. Kevin Liles, one of the label's executives, revealed that they have some sort of deal with Thugga although the exact details remain unclear.
Young Thug seems to be signing deals with just about everyone these days. Today it's being reported that Thugga is signed to the independent label 300, helmed by Lyor Cohe and Todd Moscowitz.
Common has been working on a new album, Nobody's Smiling, entirely with producer No I.D. At the end of last week he dropped a new leak with Vince Staples, "Kingdom." Now he's followed it up with a release date, plus news of a new deal for the Chicago native.
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today332 Views4 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj21,419 Views92 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal78,708 Views469 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"61,642 Views138 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"49,540 Views71 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight1,728 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,513 Views8 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"36,957 Views152 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall3,866 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"10,261 Views62 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram29,199 Views67 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"3,061 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)6,568 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney8,340 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music10,795 Views29 Comments
You may also like...