Kanye West unleashed College Dropout in 2004 - the album, a hip-hop staple, was a satire of the American education system and I was just 13 years old. Frankly, I’m not entirely sure how I even knew of the album.
Despite the fortuitous shift in the music industry, the status of Jay Z and Kanye West remains unblemished. For over a decade, Hov and Ye anchored the remaining bits of Roc-A-Fella by extinguishing rays of doubts with timeless material.
Kanye West's The College Dropout celebrated its 10th anniversarty this week, and since 2014 seems to be a pretty anniversary obsessed year, we've seen a plethora of retrospectives on the topic.
Kanye West's seminal debut, The College Dropout, turns 10 today, and while 'Ye had been silent on the matter leading up to the anniversary, there was no way we were gonna get though today without the outspoken rapper saying something.
- Quiz: Hip-Hop History937 Views13 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" First Week Sales Are In10,354 Views81 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign Is Launching The Pre-Order For "Free T.C." Next Week2,015 Views12 Comments
- Ranking The Features On Travi$ Scott's "Rodeo"10,055 Views77 Comments
- John Wall Reportedly Paid $20,000 For A Graffiti Portrait Of Himself1,653 Views0 Comments
- Stream Scarface's New Album, "Deeply Rooted"2,628 Views18 Comments
- Staff Picks (September 4)1,373 Views6 Comments
- The 7 Best Air Jordans To Have In Your Collection For Labor Day Weekend1,200 Views0 Comments
- Kevin Gates Announces New Album "Islah" 5,978 Views59 Comments
- Stream K Camp's Debut Album "Only Way Is Up"4,201 Views18 Comments
- Mac Miller Says Rumored "GO:OD AM" Tracklist Is Fake6,633 Views25 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (September 4)2,266 Views5 Comments
- Stream Travis Scott's Debut Album "Rodeo"45,221 Views397 Comments
- Jay Rock's "90059" Dropping Tonight?28,517 Views168 Comments
You may also like...