Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
Nas is a busy man these days. Rather he's always been busy, but now the legendary rapper is producing a brand new album in addition to co-writing his own autobiographical show, "Street Dreams," for Xbox. He will also produce music for the upcoming show.
The thought of a sequel to Illmatic would make many a Hip-Hop aficionado shudder, equal in both excitement and nervousness. For good reason, too.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
Nas Will Perform “Illmatic,” With DJ Premier, In Its Entirety At BUKU Music+Art Project Feb 1, 2014 at 06:32pm
The 2014 BUKU Music + Art festival is upon us, and will feature a very special act. Nas is going to perform, and not only is he going to perform, but he'll be doing the entire, seminal Illmatic record in it entirety, back to front.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53pm
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death1,303 Views5 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God3,539 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape8,277 Views54 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album23,531 Views139 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon10,451 Views51 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again6,129 Views26 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations6,369 Views15 Comments
- TBT: Ice Cube6,593 Views27 Comments
- PayPal Ordered To Re-Pay $15 Million For Scamming Customers8,986 Views0 Comments
- Flavor Flav Arrested On DUI & Possession Charges12,239 Views30 Comments
- Biggie Tracks To Commemorate His 43rd Birthday4,425 Views19 Comments
- Is Meek Mill Dropping A Mixtape Next Month?23,984 Views45 Comments
- Tracklist Revealed For A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A"42,972 Views190 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Dizzy Wright (May/June)3,260 Views6 Comments
- 2014-15 All-NBA Teams Announced1,996 Views0 Comments