Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
Nas is a busy man these days. Rather he's always been busy, but now the legendary rapper is producing a brand new album in addition to co-writing his own autobiographical show, "Street Dreams," for Xbox. He will also produce music for the upcoming show.
The thought of a sequel to Illmatic would make many a Hip-Hop aficionado shudder, equal in both excitement and nervousness. For good reason, too.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
Nas Will Perform “Illmatic,” With DJ Premier, In Its Entirety At BUKU Music+Art Project Feb 1, 2014 at 06:32pm
The 2014 BUKU Music + Art festival is upon us, and will feature a very special act. Nas is going to perform, and not only is he going to perform, but he'll be doing the entire, seminal Illmatic record in it entirety, back to front.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53pm
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"4,040 Views33 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather12,642 Views27 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date34,836 Views109 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now11,257 Views24 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"2,899 Views24 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"4,065 Views23 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party2,901 Views22 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (April 24)1,255 Views7 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Cancels Tour Dates Following Illness6,849 Views48 Comments
- Ranking Fabolous' Friday Freestyles From Worst To Best7,036 Views35 Comments
- Dame Dash Is Suing His Ex-Wife For $2.5 Million5,970 Views28 Comments
- Lyrics On Big Sean's "Stay Down" Rumored To Play Part In Break-Up With Ariana Grande29,716 Views116 Comments
- Shady Music Publishing Signs Rapper/Producer Astray5,503 Views22 Comments
- Blac Chyna Puts Alleged Text Messages From Tyga On Blast45,264 Views122 Comments
- Islamic Terrorist Group ISIS Now Targeting Nike11,080 Views0 Comments