Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
Nas is a busy man these days. Rather he's always been busy, but now the legendary rapper is producing a brand new album in addition to co-writing his own autobiographical show, "Street Dreams," for Xbox. He will also produce music for the upcoming show.
The thought of a sequel to Illmatic would make many a Hip-Hop aficionado shudder, equal in both excitement and nervousness. For good reason, too.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
Nas Will Perform “Illmatic,” With DJ Premier, In Its Entirety At BUKU Music+Art Project Feb 1, 2014 at 06:32 PM
The 2014 BUKU Music + Art festival is upon us, and will feature a very special act. Nas is going to perform, and not only is he going to perform, but he'll be doing the entire, seminal Illmatic record in it entirety, back to front.
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53 PM
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 4,528 Views17 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way5,040 Views40 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 284,723 Views13 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month3,584 Views13 Comments
- Six Kendrick Lamar Songs Make Billboard's Hot 1005,910 Views64 Comments
- A$AP Mob Sued For Injuring Fan While Crowd Surfing 3,393 Views27 Comments
- The Game & DeJ Loaf Shoot "Ambitionz Of A Rida" Video3,697 Views16 Comments
- Tech N9ne Reveals "Special Effects" Tour Dates2,209 Views7 Comments
- Stream Ballout & Tadoe's "The Rise Of Glo Gang Empire"3,835 Views16 Comments
- Stream Archibald Slim's "The Other Special Guest"766 Views1 Comment
- Forgot About Dre: Tracking Dr. Dre's Last Five Years14,983 Views38 Comments
- Kanye West Is Headlining KIIS FM’s Wango Tango Event2,829 Views12 Comments
- Drake's OVO x Mitchell & Ness 'Raptors' Collab Officially Unveiled3,668 Views0 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: See The LOX Live In Brooklyn514 Views0 Comments
- T-Pain Says He's Not Making A "Comeback," Explains Aaliyah Collaboration13,686 Views12 Comments