Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
Nas is a busy man these days. Rather he's always been busy, but now the legendary rapper is producing a brand new album in addition to co-writing his own autobiographical show, "Street Dreams," for Xbox. He will also produce music for the upcoming show.
The thought of a sequel to Illmatic would make many a Hip-Hop aficionado shudder, equal in both excitement and nervousness. For good reason, too.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
Nas Will Perform “Illmatic,” With DJ Premier, In Its Entirety At BUKU Music+Art Project Feb 1, 2014 at 06:32pm
The 2014 BUKU Music + Art festival is upon us, and will feature a very special act. Nas is going to perform, and not only is he going to perform, but he'll be doing the entire, seminal Illmatic record in it entirety, back to front.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53pm
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail8,457 Views32 Comments
- Young Money Rapper, Flow, Arrested On Charges Of Double Murder7,470 Views35 Comments
- Tyga's "The Gold Album" Sold 2,200 Copies Its Opening Week17,035 Views120 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: June 20151,562 Views3 Comments
- Rome Fortune Intentionally Tweets Dick Pic8,095 Views36 Comments
- Joe Budden Announces Release Date For "All Love Lost"3,069 Views12 Comments
- Review: Tyga's "The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty"13,839 Views126 Comments
- The Game Facing Felony And Misdemeanor Charges For Punching Off-Duty Cop4,780 Views13 Comments
- Kid Ink Is Engaged10,128 Views40 Comments
- Top-5 July Sneaker Releases To Keep Your Eye On1,198 Views0 Comments
- Natural Born Hustlers: Top 5 Rapper CEOs4,889 Views22 Comments
- RIhanna Named Best Selling Digital Artist Of All-Time5,479 Views33 Comments
- FOX News Pundit On Kendrick Lamar: Rap Does "More Damage To Young African-Americans Than Racism"14,737 Views132 Comments
- Kidd Kidd Arrested During XXL Freshman Concert In NYC21,547 Views51 Comments
- Scottie Pippen Says He Was LeBron James Before LeBron James6,620 Views0 Comments