Just as Apple is anticipated to launch their new music streaming service (which may or may not involve Kanye West, but more than likely does involve Drake), they've had to recall the Beats Pill XL speaker due to a fire safety concern.
Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
Mr. Carmack remains a bit of an enigma despite all of the recent success. One of the undoubtable beat-makers of this generation, Carmack hails form Hawaii, which isn't exactly a hotbed for music production.
Following up last week's Top 10 of rappers who were bodied on their own shit, we're moving on to Yeezy's production. Expect a new Top 10 list each Monday going forward, and if there's a subject you want us to tackle shout it out in the comments.
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
With the World Cup just a week away, Beats Music has released a lengthy commercial entitled "The Game Before The Game" that shows various athletes, artists and entertainers preparing for games and performances by listening to music.
Dr. Dre's filed a lawsuit against Death Row records a few months back, requesting $3 million from the now bankrupt label.
Apple May Be Looking To Acquire Dr. Dre's Beats Electronics For $3.2 Billion [Update: Dr. Dre Confirms] May 9, 2014 at 11:09am
Dr. Dre recently surpassed Jay Z as the second richest rapper in the game, and it looks as though he could take the throne from Diddy if Apple successfully buys him out of Beats Electronics.
Side A of this series includes original unreleased Instrumentals from Majestic Drama, Dre$ki, Klasic, Kajmir Royale, Kountdown, J Cardim & More
Clams Casino is an incredible hip hop producer, but sometimes his beat work even better as instrumental moodpieces. His latest and "final" instrumental tape is proof of such, providing the beats from his work with rappers from the last year or so.
Beats Electronics refuses to stop growing. Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine's headphone brand already has a monopoly on the headphone game, but they are far from hitting a plateau.
There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
As part of Mass Appeal's "Rhythm Roulette" series, Statik Selektah selects several records while blindfolded and proceeds to make a beat sampling them all. How do you feel about the production here?
Al Jieh's chances in this game are improving with each new release, and Runnin (Instrumental) is no exception - quite the opposite, in fact. It's a nice addition to the impressive catalogue Al Jieh has been building over the years.
Stream Beat The Streets (Instrumentals) Side A, a new offering from Adrian Swish, which was released on Thursday, April 11th, 2013.
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"137 Views2 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)1,331 Views1 Comment
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney2,689 Views9 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music5,683 Views19 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"14,964 Views43 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast11,186 Views2 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon13,279 Views31 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour15,560 Views32 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1697 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance39,041 Views134 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"31,868 Views255 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance32,830 Views47 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm34,297 Views215 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest1,575 Views7 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 13,974 Views29 Comments