Bruno Mars News
- Hip Hop Reacts To The Meek Mill & Drake ControversyJul 22, 2015 at 01:58pmWhere to begin? Last night saw people from nearly every corner of hip hop (and even some pop mainstays) engaging in a widespread online conflict, oddly enough kicked off by some tweets exchanged between Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift.
- Kanye West Apologizes To Beck & Bruno Mars On TwitterFeb 26, 2015 at 06:39pmKanye West is not an avid Twitter user, but in the past we've seen him use his account for moments of passionate fury. Those days are over (we think), as Ye took to his timeline today to officially apologize to Beck for his semi-interruption, and post-show comments at the Grammys. While he was at it, he decided to also throw an apology Bruno Mars' way. Apparently Ye had "hated on" the singer in the past, but now totally respects his artistry (we're guessing "Uptown Funk" may have done it).
- Trinidad James To Make At Least $50,000 From "Uptown Funk" RoyaltiesMay 5, 2015 at 10:15amBack in January, we were surprised to see Trinidad James' name (actually Nicholas Williams) in the writing credits of Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars' chart-topping hit "Uptown Funk," and now we're learning just how much he stands to make off that "Don't believe me, just watch" line.
- Big Sean, Kendrick Lamar, Fetty Wap & More Nominated For VMAsJul 21, 2015 at 11:25amThis year's MTV VMA award show is going down on Sunday, AUgust 30th, and today, the full list of nominees has been announced. View that below. Video Of The Year Beyoncé, “7/11” Ed Sheeran, “Thinking Out Loud” Taylor Swift Featuring Kendrick Lamar, “Bad Blood” Mark Ronson Featuring Bruno Mars, “Uptown Funk” Kendrick Lamar, “Alright”
- Samples Of The Week: January 15Jan 15, 2015 at 11:51amWhen hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music. Today, sampling has become less common, but a choice sample can still push a track from lukewarm to hot faster than you can say "uh-huh honey".
- Charts Don’t Lie: January 27thJan 27, 2013 at 04:18pmThis week we see a new chart-topper arrive, the New York rapper who takes on that southern style, A$AP Rocky. Rocky's debut album, Long.Live.A$AP did surprisingly well. We see albums leak all the time-- usually it's just a week prior to the album's release though. In Rocky's case, we saw it leak a month early. However, Rocky continued doing promo and dropping singles, not worrying about the album leak or bumping his release date up. And it worked out well for him, he still sold a large amount of copies, and landed #1 on the Billboard 200.