Shortly after the passing of Hustle Gang's Doe B, we have more unfortunate news concerning rap affiliates. Waka Flocka's younger brother, Kayo Redd, who was also an aspiring rapper, has passed away.
Doe B tragically passed away last month, but rumor has it the rapper had recorded a lot of material that never saw release. Turns out, a posthumous album will be released in the near future, and the T.I.-assisted "Why" serves as the first single.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
It's a sad day for New York hip hop, and in a broader sense, rap music as a whole. Sean Price, the venerated MC from Brownsville, Brooklyn, was found unresponsive in his home this morning at age 43. The cause of death hasn't yet been reported.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Grand Hustle lost a rapper this past weekend with the shooting of Doe B. As the hip-hop community continues to mourn the sudden loss, Raekwon decides to give DJ Whoo Kid a new cut in remembrance of Doe B, featuring Hustle boss T.I. and Doe.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Kendrick Lamar has always made an effort to pay tribute to Tupac Shakur -- always citing the late rapper as one of his greatest influences, and even featuring his voice on his latest album, To Pimp A Butterfly, creating a mock interview at the end of the album
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
For those unfamiliar, Jesse Richeeds, better known as JayR, was a promising young emcee from Killingly, Connecticut. Unfortunately, he succumbed to a severe asthma attack in his dorm room at the University of Connecticut on August 25th, 2013.
As you may be aware by now, Nelson Mandela, one of the greatest leaders of our time, passed away this morning at the age of 95. South African President Jacob Zuma made the announcement via a television address today. "Our nation has lost its greatest son.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists2 Views1 Comment
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company6,959 Views33 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"4,484 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac4,940 Views58 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work13,885 Views70 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles2,097 Views18 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single2,838 Views12 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Game's "The Documentary"?5,469 Views33 Comments
- First Look At The Toronto Raptors' 'OVO' Alternate Jersey For This Season2,742 Views0 Comments
- N.W.A. & Janet Jackson Nominated For Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame2,173 Views24 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" Becomes First Rap Video To Hit 1 Billion Views17,143 Views129 Comments
- Vince Staples & Mac Miller Discuss White Rappers & How They Fit Into Hip-Hop12,370 Views74 Comments
- BeatKing Reveals "3 Weeks" Tracklist, Artwork & Release Date2,592 Views9 Comments
- Rihanna's New Album Title & Cover Art Revealed25,435 Views98 Comments
You may also like...
- Paul Wall Plays "This Or That"1,341 Views