Shortly after the passing of Hustle Gang's Doe B, we have more unfortunate news concerning rap affiliates. Waka Flocka's younger brother, Kayo Redd, who was also an aspiring rapper, has passed away.
Doe B tragically passed away last month, but rumor has it the rapper had recorded a lot of material that never saw release. Turns out, a posthumous album will be released in the near future, and the T.I.-assisted "Why" serves as the first single.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Grand Hustle lost a rapper this past weekend with the shooting of Doe B. As the hip-hop community continues to mourn the sudden loss, Raekwon decides to give DJ Whoo Kid a new cut in remembrance of Doe B, featuring Hustle boss T.I. and Doe.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Game is known for honoring his heroes by having them permanently inked on his body. This year alone, we've seen the rapper brand himself with images of Nate Dogg, Trayvon Martin, Dr. Dre, and Barack Obama.
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
For those unfamiliar, Jesse Richeeds, better known as JayR, was a promising young emcee from Killingly, Connecticut. Unfortunately, he succumbed to a severe asthma attack in his dorm room at the University of Connecticut on August 25th, 2013.
As you may be aware by now, Nelson Mandela, one of the greatest leaders of our time, passed away this morning at the age of 95. South African President Jacob Zuma made the announcement via a television address today. "Our nation has lost its greatest son.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
- Young Thug Pushes Back "Hy!£UN35" Release To September5 Views0 Comments
- Eminem Details His Recovery After 2007 Pill Overdose5,834 Views32 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: July 20152,558 Views3 Comments
- Jay Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" Rereleased On Vinyl With Hidden Track 11,075 Views25 Comments
- 10 Essential SBTRKT Tracks2,278 Views8 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Was Arrested For Disorderly Conduct After His Lollapalooza Stunt11,560 Views41 Comments
- Drake Says He Hasn't "Taken A Loss" All Week48,564 Views306 Comments
- Underrated Audio: July 26- August 13,287 Views4 Comments
- Remy Ma Shares Thoughts On One Year Anniversary Of Her Release From Prison5,742 Views12 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 1st14,435 Views45 Comments
- Stream Dr. Dre's Full Beats 1 Show, "The Pharmacy" 11,595 Views41 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (July 25-31)6,198 Views8 Comments
- Dr. Dre Says "Detox" Is Scrapped, "Compton: The Soundtrack" Out Next Week49,343 Views236 Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Debuts His First Signature Sneaker8,125 Views0 Comments
- Toronto Rapper Redway Reportedly Killed In Car Crash20,193 Views53 Comments