As you're probably aware by now, Lamar Odom was found unconscious at a brothel in Las Vegas, and quickly transported to the hospital where he remains in critical condition.
Shortly after the passing of Hustle Gang's Doe B, we have more unfortunate news concerning rap affiliates. Waka Flocka's younger brother, Kayo Redd, who was also an aspiring rapper, has passed away.
Doe B tragically passed away last month, but rumor has it the rapper had recorded a lot of material that never saw release. Turns out, a posthumous album will be released in the near future, and the T.I.-assisted "Why" serves as the first single.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
It's a sad day for New York hip hop, and in a broader sense, rap music as a whole. Sean Price, the venerated MC from Brownsville, Brooklyn, was found unresponsive in his home this morning at age 43. The cause of death hasn't yet been reported.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Grand Hustle lost a rapper this past weekend with the shooting of Doe B. As the hip-hop community continues to mourn the sudden loss, Raekwon decides to give DJ Whoo Kid a new cut in remembrance of Doe B, featuring Hustle boss T.I. and Doe.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Kendrick Lamar has always made an effort to pay tribute to Tupac Shakur -- always citing the late rapper as one of his greatest influences, and even featuring his voice on his latest album, To Pimp A Butterfly, creating a mock interview at the end of the album
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
For those unfamiliar, Jesse Richeeds, better known as JayR, was a promising young emcee from Killingly, Connecticut. Unfortunately, he succumbed to a severe asthma attack in his dorm room at the University of Connecticut on August 25th, 2013.
As you may be aware by now, Nelson Mandela, one of the greatest leaders of our time, passed away this morning at the age of 95. South African President Jacob Zuma made the announcement via a television address today. "Our nation has lost its greatest son.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
Memphis rapper Koopsta Knicca, one of the original members of Three 6 Mafia, died late last night, October 9, following a major stroke he had suffered on Sunday, October 3.
- Vic Mensa Joins Chicago Protests Following Police Killing Of Laquan McDonald2,992 Views18 Comments
- Someone Bought That Secret Wu-Tang Album For "Millions"13,424 Views55 Comments
- ASAP Ferg Talks "Huge Smash Song" With Future, Recording For A Week With 4012,709 Views57 Comments
- YG Covers FADER, Opens Up About Night He Was Shot7,334 Views33 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Pusha T's "Darkest Before Dawn"11,079 Views66 Comments
- A Look Inside Mark Wahlberg's $100,000 Sneaker Collection3,373 Views0 Comments
- Pusha T's "King Push" Slated For Spring 2016, Wants To Release "Cruel Summer 2"8,957 Views39 Comments
- Rick Ross Covers The Source 3,430 Views26 Comments
- Tinashe Covers Dazed Magazine6,901 Views44 Comments
- Drake & Nicki Minaj Are Nominated For TIME Person Of The Year16,034 Views181 Comments
- Adele's Album "25" Went Double Platinum In Three Days25,135 Views247 Comments
- A Complete Guide To This Weekend's Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sneaker Releases2,443 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown Announces New Release Date For “Royalty”25,945 Views73 Comments
- Top Tracks: November 16 - November 2223,271 Views30 Comments
- Pusha T's "Darkest Before Dawn" Release Date Revealed22,835 Views113 Comments