Shortly after the passing of Hustle Gang's Doe B, we have more unfortunate news concerning rap affiliates. Waka Flocka's younger brother, Kayo Redd, who was also an aspiring rapper, has passed away.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Gangsta Boo's tweet concerning the death of her affiliate and friend, Lord Infamous, turned out to be accurate, as HHDX confirmed earlier. Now the cause of the late Memphis rapper's death has been revealed.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Game is known for honoring his heroes by having them permanently inked on his body. This year alone, we've seen the rapper brand himself with images of Nate Dogg, Trayvon Martin, Dr. Dre, and Barack Obama.
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
As you may be aware by now, Nelson Mandela, one of the greatest leaders of our time, passed away this morning at the age of 95. South African President Jacob Zuma made the announcement via a television address today. "Our nation has lost its greatest son.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
We regret to report that Brooklyn rapper, Pumpkinhead, has passed away at the age of 39.
Chinx's funeral takes place today in Queens, and while donations toward his family will be accepted at the service, a few fellow New York rappers are hoping to organize an event that can raise some more money for the cause.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
Fool's Gold lost one of their co-founders today, as A-Trak confirmed with an Instagram post. Joshua Prince aka Dust La Rock, was a co-founder of the independent label alongside A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs. He also acted as their art director.
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music440 Views7 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"9,527 Views34 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast7,385 Views2 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon8,777 Views27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour10,948 Views29 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1433 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance27,159 Views112 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"21,162 Views217 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance23,535 Views41 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm26,209 Views201 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest1,259 Views7 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 11,924 Views29 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall4,705 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”36,858 Views149 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail36,413 Views94 Comments
You may also like...