Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
We regret to report that Brooklyn rapper, Pumpkinhead, has passed away at the age of 39.
Chinx's funeral takes place today in Queens, and while donations toward his family will be accepted at the service, a few fellow New York rappers are hoping to organize an event that can raise some more money for the cause.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Fool's Gold lost one of their co-founders today, as A-Trak confirmed with an Instagram post. Joshua Prince aka Dust La Rock, was a co-founder of the independent label alongside A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs. He also acted as their art director.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
We are sad to report that Big Bank Hank (born Henry Jackson), founding member of seminal hip hop group The Sugar Hill Gang has died. Reports indicate that Hank lost his battle with cancer around 2AM this morning in the greater NYC area.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
13 years ago, Aaliyah was tragically killed in a plane crash at the tender age of 22 when returning from the Bahamas after shooting the video for “Rock The Boat.” Her death deeply affected her fans and the hip-hop community at large.
Musical Based On Tupac Shakur's Songs To Premiere On Broadway [Update: Musical Hits Broadway In June] Jan 8, 2014 at 03:37pm
As reported by Playbill, it seems Tony Award nominee Kenny Leon is directing a new musical based on Tupac Shakur's body of work. The musical will be called "Holler If Ya Hear Me," the title taken from a track on 'Pac's 1993 album Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.
Hustle Gang's Doe B Killed In Alabama Club Shooting [Update: Suspect Identified / Charged] Dec 30, 2013 at 02:45pm
We are very sad to report that rising rapper, Doe B, known for his role in Hustle Gang, and his recent Baby Jesus mixtape was killed in an Alabama club shooting early this morning.
Shortly after the passing of Hustle Gang's Doe B, we have more unfortunate news concerning rap affiliates. Waka Flocka's younger brother, Kayo Redd, who was also an aspiring rapper, has passed away.
- Waka Flocka Disses Donald Trump On Twitter1,381 Views8 Comments
- Kanye West Is Reportedly The Lone Feature On The Weeknd's Upcoming Album4,891 Views21 Comments
- Drake Hints Willow Smith Will Appear On "Views From The 6"9,117 Views82 Comments
- Action Bronson Now Selling Personalized Verses, Insults, & Birthday Greetings5,439 Views16 Comments
- Adidas Yeezy Boost Concept Headphones Unveiled3,352 Views0 Comments
- DJ Mustard Is Working On "Hard" New Material With Britney Spears7,472 Views29 Comments
- Meek Mill Reveals Pre-Jail "DWMTM" Songs Will Be Released Soon24,003 Views88 Comments
- OG Maco Clarifies His Criticism Of Travi$ Scott's "3500"15,281 Views52 Comments
- ASAP Rocky: "The Rita Ora Thing Was Tasteless Of Me"18,403 Views31 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th14,485 Views29 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"9,120 Views28 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show11,109 Views24 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks6,169 Views2 Comments
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday11,847 Views35 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month12,304 Views46 Comments
You may also like...
- Meek Mill Feat. Future "Jump Out The Face" Video12,655 Views
- Drake Previews "Energy" Video4,870 Views