It's a sad day for New York hip hop, and in a broader sense, rap music as a whole. Sean Price, the venerated MC from Brownsville, Brooklyn, was found unresponsive in his home this morning at age 43. The cause of death hasn't yet been reported.
Bobbi Kristina Brown died yesterday at the age of 22, having spent the last five months in a medically induced coma after being found unresponsive in a bathtub.
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
We regret to report that Brooklyn rapper, Pumpkinhead, has passed away at the age of 39.
Chinx's funeral takes place today in Queens, and while donations toward his family will be accepted at the service, a few fellow New York rappers are hoping to organize an event that can raise some more money for the cause.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Fool's Gold lost one of their co-founders today, as A-Trak confirmed with an Instagram post. Joshua Prince aka Dust La Rock, was a co-founder of the independent label alongside A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs. He also acted as their art director.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
We are sad to report that Big Bank Hank (born Henry Jackson), founding member of seminal hip hop group The Sugar Hill Gang has died. Reports indicate that Hank lost his battle with cancer around 2AM this morning in the greater NYC area.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
13 years ago, Aaliyah was tragically killed in a plane crash at the tender age of 22 when returning from the Bahamas after shooting the video for “Rock The Boat.” Her death deeply affected her fans and the hip-hop community at large.
Musical Based On Tupac Shakur's Songs To Premiere On Broadway [Update: Musical Hits Broadway In June] Jan 8, 2014 at 03:37pm
As reported by Playbill, it seems Tony Award nominee Kenny Leon is directing a new musical based on Tupac Shakur's body of work. The musical will be called "Holler If Ya Hear Me," the title taken from a track on 'Pac's 1993 album Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.
- Kanye West Sends Taylor Swift Flowers1,387 Views24 Comments
- Mac Miller Unveils "GO:OD AM" Alarm Clock App With Exclusive New Music2,647 Views10 Comments
- Quiz: Hip-Hop History1,686 Views15 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" First Week Sales Are In17,853 Views112 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign Is Launching The Pre-Order For "Free T.C." Next Week2,746 Views13 Comments
- Ranking The Features On Travi$ Scott's "Rodeo"13,571 Views81 Comments
- John Wall Reportedly Paid $20,000 For A Graffiti Portrait Of Himself1,828 Views0 Comments
- Stream Scarface's New Album, "Deeply Rooted"3,072 Views18 Comments
- Staff Picks (September 4)1,484 Views6 Comments
- The 7 Best Air Jordans To Have In Your Collection For Labor Day Weekend1,269 Views0 Comments
- Kevin Gates Announces New Album "Islah" 6,584 Views61 Comments
- Stream K Camp's Debut Album "Only Way Is Up"4,638 Views19 Comments
- Mac Miller Says Rumored "GO:OD AM" Tracklist Is Fake7,092 Views25 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (September 4)2,479 Views5 Comments
- Stream Travis Scott's Debut Album "Rodeo"47,526 Views401 Comments
You may also like...