It doesn't come as a surprise to know that the future of New York hip-hop looks extremely bright. Once the birthplace of rap, the city still harbors some of the best talent in the genre.
There's quite a bit of repetition in the game these days, and specific lyrics tend to get overlooked. This is an opportunity to take a closer listen and really consider what these artists have to say. We encourage your opinions.
This feature highlights a hand-picked selection of some of the bigger tracks of the week. We have chosen a few of the tracks that landed within our top 10 most played, focusing on those that stood out, and left room for discussion.
Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who don't believe every hip-hop video has to be about models sitting on the hood of a rented car.
The 86th annual Oscars went down last night in Los Angeles, as happens every year, the brightest and biggest stars were out attending the event and celebrating afterwards at various different parties.
Today, G.O.O.D. Music rapper Sean Michael Leonard Anderson aka Big Sean turns 26. He first made it into the music industry when he heard that Kanye West was doing a radio interview in his hometown of Detroit.
Jay Z is into art now. When your net-worth is in the 9-figure range, there comes a time when art-collecting is something you should at least try out-- still, the rapper has his share of critics when it comes to his newfound hobby.
Some combos are classic like peanut butter and jelly or Oreos and milk or Cory and Shawn, and some take more getting used to, like chocolate and bacon, or french fries with a Frosty, or Jessica and Roger Rabbit. The idea of our favorite artists breaking genr
20 years ago, André 3000 and Big Boi were riding the massive wave of commercial success that followed "Player's Ball," their debut single, as it rose up the charts and secured them a gig opening for Notorious B.I.G. in New York.
In one of the magazine's more random features, Rolling Stone has gone ahead and compiled list of the 20 biggest songs of the summer from the past five years according to data provided by Billboard.
Today, a "posse cut" is more or less a marketing scheme. For a record label, what easier way is there to sell a single than by getting all of the biggest artists of the time and putting them on one song? It's like The Avengers for rap fans!
Top 15 "Apache" Samples: The Evolution Of One Of Hip Hop's Most Well Known Instrumentals Feb 21, 2014 at 03:40pm
Hip Hop’s favorite sample has the least Hip Hop origins. Jerry Lordan, a British RAF veteran and part-time songwriter, was inspired by the story Massai - who was the last Apache left after Chief Geronimo surrendered New Mexico to the United States.
In the last few years, a slew of new female artists have flooded the rap game, but the tide appears to be turning. More and more women are emerging as RnB artists, churning out sultry tunes and love ballads, each with their own unique twist.
What's up? This Tuesday afternoon is pretty slow on the news-front, but at least we've got some UA for your reading, and better yet, listening pleasure.
With everyone going into election-look-at-me-vote mode today, here are some songs to just vibe out too once you've had enough Obama or Romney talk for the day. I know my quota is almost full.Sir Michael Rocks- LVL 1 Feat. Shorty K & Tris J
Today, Lonnie Rashid Lynn, Jr, known to us as Common, turns 42 years old.
As you're probably aware by now, Jay Z celebrated his 44th birthday today. We did a list of our own for Hov, looking at some of his top album tracks but the rapper decided to post a list of his own on his Life + Times blog, and it's definitely of interest.
Whatup, two upcoming emcees and two dope producers featured this week. Logic- Numbers
With a career as eclectic as Lil Jon's, it's hard to pinpoint what the multi-talented artist truly is: rapper, DJ, producer, actor or hype-man.
13 years ago, Aaliyah was tragically killed in a plane crash at the tender age of 22 when returning from the Bahamas after shooting the video for “Rock The Boat.” Her death deeply affected her fans and the hip-hop community at large.
At the beginning of October we heard DJ Premier confirm that he will produce a full Nas album one day-- which got us excited, and also got us thinking about what other albums we're really, really hoping will drop in the not-so-distant future.
- All Black Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost Scheduled To Release In August393 Views0 Comments
- Stream Key!'s Surprise 3-Track EP "No One Is Ready 3" 2,048 Views8 Comments
- Meek Mill Trolls Fans On Twitter With Fake Drake Diss Record33,184 Views194 Comments
- Online Petition Started To Force Funkmaster Flex To Resign From Hot 9732,942 Views71 Comments
- 50 Cent On Jay Z: "There's No L On His Record"29,273 Views79 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 20- July 2612,497 Views20 Comments
- Tyler The Creator Says He's Banned From Australia 10,852 Views51 Comments
- Hip Hop Reacts To The Death Of Bobbi Kristina Brown7,895 Views17 Comments
- 5 Dope Tracks From Episode 2 Of OVO Sound Radio25,365 Views26 Comments
- Danny Brown Weighs In On Meek Mill & Drake's Ghostwriting Controversy34,717 Views115 Comments
- Will Smith & Jay Z To Executive Produce HBO Mini-Series8,095 Views17 Comments
- Drake's OVO Air Jordans Rank As The Most Valuable Sneaker Of The Second Quarter4,150 Views0 Comments
- The 10 Best Diss Tracks Of The 2010s30,776 Views136 Comments
- Ice-T & Coco Are Expecting Their First Child Together6,613 Views21 Comments
- The Weeknd Speaks On "Beauty Behind The Madness" In NY Times Profile10,751 Views32 Comments
You may also like...
- Malcolm Mays "Ruthless" Video390 Views