Some combos are classic like peanut butter and jelly or Oreos and milk or Cory and Shawn, and some take more getting used to, like chocolate and bacon, or french fries with a Frosty, or Jessica and Roger Rabbit. The idea of our favorite artists breaking genr
20 years ago, André 3000 and Big Boi were riding the massive wave of commercial success that followed "Player's Ball," their debut single, as it rose up the charts and secured them a gig opening for Notorious B.I.G. in New York.
In one of the magazine's more random features, Rolling Stone has gone ahead and compiled list of the 20 biggest songs of the summer from the past five years according to data provided by Billboard.
Today, a "posse cut" is more or less a marketing scheme. For a record label, what easier way is there to sell a single than by getting all of the biggest artists of the time and putting them on one song? It's like The Avengers for rap fans!
Top 15 "Apache" Samples: The Evolution Of One Of Hip Hop's Most Well Known Instrumentals Feb 21, 2014 at 03:40pm
Hip Hop’s favorite sample has the least Hip Hop origins. Jerry Lordan, a British RAF veteran and part-time songwriter, was inspired by the story Massai - who was the last Apache left after Chief Geronimo surrendered New Mexico to the United States.
In the last few years, a slew of new female artists have flooded the rap game, but the tide appears to be turning. More and more women are emerging as RnB artists, churning out sultry tunes and love ballads, each with their own unique twist.
Diddy, Jay Z & Dr. Dre Make Forbes' "World's Highest-Paid Musicians 2013" List Nov 24, 2013 at 06:24pm
Two months ago we saw Diddy top Forbes' Highest-Paid Hip-Hop Artists list, and now the Bad Boy label head returns on the World's Highest-Paid Musicians of 2013 list, although this time at #12 with $50 million.
What's up? This Tuesday afternoon is pretty slow on the news-front, but at least we've got some UA for your reading, and better yet, listening pleasure.
Forbes' "30 Under 30" List Includes Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa, Drake & More Jan 9, 2014 at 01:21pm
Forbes has released their annual "30 Under 30" list, and we see some familiar rap faces on the music section of the list. Wiz Khalifa, for example, makes the list for his third consecutive year.
Today, Lonnie Rashid Lynn, Jr, known to us as Common, turns 42 years old.
As you're probably aware by now, Jay Z celebrated his 44th birthday today. We did a list of our own for Hov, looking at some of his top album tracks but the rapper decided to post a list of his own on his Life + Times blog, and it's definitely of interest.
Whatup, two upcoming emcees and two dope producers featured this week. Logic- Numbers
In recent years there has been a movement of emcees who have a new approach to rap. Many are products of the internet, and they differ from past generations in that their style is not dictated by region, but rather their own creation.
With a career as eclectic as Lil Jon's, it's hard to pinpoint what the multi-talented artist truly is: rapper, DJ, producer, actor or hype-man.
13 years ago, Aaliyah was tragically killed in a plane crash at the tender age of 22 when returning from the Bahamas after shooting the video for “Rock The Boat.” Her death deeply affected her fans and the hip-hop community at large.
At the beginning of October we heard DJ Premier confirm that he will produce a full Nas album one day-- which got us excited, and also got us thinking about what other albums we're really, really hoping will drop in the not-so-distant future.
For rappers, having a dope ride is more than just a mode of transportation. Yes, it does mean no more riding the bus. But purchasing a brand new whip is symbolic of their rise to the top.
- The Best Of Kanye West At The 2015 VMAs2,197 Views24 Comments
- Kanye West Announces Presidential Candidacy In Wild VMA Speech12,918 Views96 Comments
- Rick Ross Is Dropping New Music Tomorrow10,727 Views51 Comments
- Stream ProbCause's New Album "Drifters"1,016 Views0 Comments
- 10 Essential PARTYNEXTDOOR Tracks13,728 Views43 Comments
- Big Boi Makes Live Debut As "Big Grams" With Phantogram, Says Album Is "Coming Soon"4,561 Views6 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Kanye West's "Late Registration" 3,988 Views32 Comments
- Jay Z Already Deleted His Instagram Account22,905 Views52 Comments
- MTV VMAs: Top Hip-Hop Moments7,663 Views31 Comments
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter24,489 Views54 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 299,178 Views63 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account25,858 Views53 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville56,285 Views68 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA18,287 Views31 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)6,368 Views26 Comments
You may also like...
- Styles P "Other" Video297 Views