Jay Z is into art now. When your net-worth is in the 9-figure range, there comes a time when art-collecting is something you should at least try out-- still, the rapper has his share of critics when it comes to his newfound hobby.
Today, G.O.O.D. Music rapper Sean Michael Leonard Anderson aka Big Sean turns 26. He first made it into the music industry when he heard that Kanye West was doing a radio interview in his hometown of Detroit.
Some combos are classic like peanut butter and jelly or Oreos and milk or Cory and Shawn, and some take more getting used to, like chocolate and bacon, or french fries with a Frosty, or Jessica and Roger Rabbit. The idea of our favorite artists breaking genr
20 years ago, André 3000 and Big Boi were riding the massive wave of commercial success that followed "Player's Ball," their debut single, as it rose up the charts and secured them a gig opening for Notorious B.I.G. in New York.
It's obvious at this point that Young Thug is rap's most eccentric character. He sounds like no one else, flows like no one else, and dresses like no one else. But the allure of Thug's weirdness isn't simply that he's different.
In one of the magazine's more random features, Rolling Stone has gone ahead and compiled list of the 20 biggest songs of the summer from the past five years according to data provided by Billboard.
Today, a "posse cut" is more or less a marketing scheme. For a record label, what easier way is there to sell a single than by getting all of the biggest artists of the time and putting them on one song? It's like The Avengers for rap fans!
Top 15 "Apache" Samples: The Evolution Of One Of Hip Hop's Most Well Known Instrumentals Feb 21, 2014 at 03:40pm
Hip Hop’s favorite sample has the least Hip Hop origins. Jerry Lordan, a British RAF veteran and part-time songwriter, was inspired by the story Massai - who was the last Apache left after Chief Geronimo surrendered New Mexico to the United States.
In the last few years, a slew of new female artists have flooded the rap game, but the tide appears to be turning. More and more women are emerging as RnB artists, churning out sultry tunes and love ballads, each with their own unique twist.
Diddy, Jay Z & Dr. Dre Make Forbes' "World's Highest-Paid Musicians 2013" List Nov 24, 2013 at 06:24pm
Two months ago we saw Diddy top Forbes' Highest-Paid Hip-Hop Artists list, and now the Bad Boy label head returns on the World's Highest-Paid Musicians of 2013 list, although this time at #12 with $50 million.
What's up? This Tuesday afternoon is pretty slow on the news-front, but at least we've got some UA for your reading, and better yet, listening pleasure.
Forbes' "30 Under 30" List Includes Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa, Drake & More Jan 9, 2014 at 01:21pm
Forbes has released their annual "30 Under 30" list, and we see some familiar rap faces on the music section of the list. Wiz Khalifa, for example, makes the list for his third consecutive year.
Today, Lonnie Rashid Lynn, Jr, known to us as Common, turns 42 years old.
As you're probably aware by now, Jay Z celebrated his 44th birthday today. We did a list of our own for Hov, looking at some of his top album tracks but the rapper decided to post a list of his own on his Life + Times blog, and it's definitely of interest.
In recent years there has been a movement of emcees who have a new approach to rap. Many are products of the internet, and they differ from past generations in that their style is not dictated by region, but rather their own creation.
With a career as eclectic as Lil Jon's, it's hard to pinpoint what the multi-talented artist truly is: rapper, DJ, producer, actor or hype-man.
13 years ago, Aaliyah was tragically killed in a plane crash at the tender age of 22 when returning from the Bahamas after shooting the video for “Rock The Boat.” Her death deeply affected her fans and the hip-hop community at large.
For rappers, having a dope ride is more than just a mode of transportation. Yes, it does mean no more riding the bus. But purchasing a brand new whip is symbolic of their rise to the top.
- Iggy Azalea Announces Sophomore Album Title6,535 Views90 Comments
- Curren$y & Dame Dash Settle $3 Million Dollar Lawsuit11,611 Views18 Comments
- Logic Announces Release Date For Sophomore Album "The Incredible True Story"11,689 Views53 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Writes Letter To Eazy-E For PAPER Magazine9,957 Views140 Comments
- Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Renting A Mansion In L.A. For $150k A Month10,102 Views29 Comments
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks9,090 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped69,260 Views202 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 20159,126 Views25 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"23,248 Views154 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments28,149 Views203 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Kanye West?12,486 Views49 Comments
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"4,331 Views18 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama4,063 Views31 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title16,433 Views65 Comments