It doesn't come as a surprise to know that the future of New York hip-hop looks extremely bright. Once the birthplace of rap, the city still harbors some of the best talent in the genre.
There's quite a bit of repetition in the game these days, and specific lyrics tend to get overlooked. This is an opportunity to take a closer listen and really consider what these artists have to say. We encourage your opinions.
This feature highlights a hand-picked selection of some of the bigger tracks of the week. We have chosen a few of the tracks that landed within our top 10 most played, focusing on those that stood out, and left room for discussion.
Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who don't believe every hip-hop video has to be about models sitting on the hood of a rented car.
The 86th annual Oscars went down last night in Los Angeles, as happens every year, the brightest and biggest stars were out attending the event and celebrating afterwards at various different parties.
Today, G.O.O.D. Music rapper Sean Michael Leonard Anderson aka Big Sean turns 26. He first made it into the music industry when he heard that Kanye West was doing a radio interview in his hometown of Detroit.
Jay Z is into art now. When your net-worth is in the 9-figure range, there comes a time when art-collecting is something you should at least try out-- still, the rapper has his share of critics when it comes to his newfound hobby.
Some combos are classic like peanut butter and jelly or Oreos and milk or Cory and Shawn, and some take more getting used to, like chocolate and bacon, or french fries with a Frosty, or Jessica and Roger Rabbit. The idea of our favorite artists breaking genr
20 years ago, André 3000 and Big Boi were riding the massive wave of commercial success that followed "Player's Ball," their debut single, as it rose up the charts and secured them a gig opening for Notorious B.I.G. in New York.
In one of the magazine's more random features, Rolling Stone has gone ahead and compiled list of the 20 biggest songs of the summer from the past five years according to data provided by Billboard.
Today, a "posse cut" is more or less a marketing scheme. For a record label, what easier way is there to sell a single than by getting all of the biggest artists of the time and putting them on one song? It's like The Avengers for rap fans!
Top 15 "Apache" Samples: The Evolution Of One Of Hip Hop's Most Well Known Instrumentals Feb 21, 2014 at 03:40pm
Hip Hop’s favorite sample has the least Hip Hop origins. Jerry Lordan, a British RAF veteran and part-time songwriter, was inspired by the story Massai - who was the last Apache left after Chief Geronimo surrendered New Mexico to the United States.
In the last few years, a slew of new female artists have flooded the rap game, but the tide appears to be turning. More and more women are emerging as RnB artists, churning out sultry tunes and love ballads, each with their own unique twist.
What's up? This Tuesday afternoon is pretty slow on the news-front, but at least we've got some UA for your reading, and better yet, listening pleasure.
With everyone going into election-look-at-me-vote mode today, here are some songs to just vibe out too once you've had enough Obama or Romney talk for the day. I know my quota is almost full.Sir Michael Rocks- LVL 1 Feat. Shorty K & Tris J
Today, Lonnie Rashid Lynn, Jr, known to us as Common, turns 42 years old.
As you're probably aware by now, Jay Z celebrated his 44th birthday today. We did a list of our own for Hov, looking at some of his top album tracks but the rapper decided to post a list of his own on his Life + Times blog, and it's definitely of interest.
Whatup, two upcoming emcees and two dope producers featured this week. Logic- Numbers
Whatup, this week's UA is quite solid. Danny Brown's remix of Rich Hil's "Betcha Hate It" may be my favorite off this list though, but Murs and Fashawn link up, as well as Mikkey Haltsed and Pusha T, plus some previously unreleased Pac Div.
With a career as eclectic as Lil Jon's, it's hard to pinpoint what the multi-talented artist truly is: rapper, DJ, producer, actor or hype-man.
13 years ago, Aaliyah was tragically killed in a plane crash at the tender age of 22 when returning from the Bahamas after shooting the video for “Rock The Boat.” Her death deeply affected her fans and the hip-hop community at large.
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"4,163 Views12 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast2,785 Views2 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon3,836 Views15 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour4,733 Views21 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1197 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance15,369 Views84 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"13,493 Views172 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance14,457 Views32 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm16,968 Views169 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest955 Views6 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 10,027 Views27 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall4,070 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”30,985 Views147 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail34,376 Views93 Comments
- Young Money Rapper, Flow, Arrested On Charges Of Double Murder25,929 Views71 Comments
You may also like...