R&B is a genre that seems to be in a constant state of flux. It's certainly very different from what it was 20 years ago - these days, many artists tend to cross over into other genres, causing debate as to what truly constitutes R&B music.
We break down all the biggest categories in Hip Hop and R&B, including songs, mixtapes, albums, videos and everything in between (including Trolls). Peep the official schedule for each of the lists below. So who made the Hottest Lists for 2013?
The inspiration rappers draw from mob films can't be denied. Flicks such as The Godfather, King Of New York, Casino, Goodfellas and Scarface have helped shape the persona of many of your favorite emcees.
2013 was a big year in music with major artists dropping some game-changing albums, rising stars coming out of nowhere to surprise the hip-hop community and your usual hip-hop crews releasing tracks that were bangers.
Wale Spazzes On Complex Over Their 50 Best Albums Of 2013 List [Update: Wale Responds] Dec 13, 2013 at 04:45pm
We're at that time of year when just about every publication is working on their year-end list (count us among them), and while they're not necessarily meant to ruffle feathers, that can happen, when artists feel like they are unjustly excluded from these list
As you're probably aware by now, Jay Z celebrated his 44th birthday today. We did a list of our own for Hov, looking at some of his top album tracks but the rapper decided to post a list of his own on his Life + Times blog, and it's definitely of interest.
Yesterday we kicked off our month of the Hottest of 2013 with the Most Searched Artists On HNHH. That's just the beginning though, as you can expect a lot more from us within the coming weeks, leading up to the New Year.
Whether it’s in gold, rose-gold, platinum or diamond-filled, rappers have often spared no expense when it comes to buying their chains. It is by no doubt an important symbol in hip hop that continuously crops up in rap music.
Today is an annual shopping event in the United States known as Black Friday. With deals on just about everything across the web and in stores, a lot of people get their Christmas shopping on today, and even a little personal shopping done for themselves.
It’s almost that time of year again, where you get to stuff your face with delicious food and hang out with your close friends and family. Like us normal folk, rappers celebrate Thanksgiving too.
Diddy, Jay Z & Dr. Dre Make Forbes' "World's Highest-Paid Musicians 2013" List Nov 24, 2013 at 06:24pm
Two months ago we saw Diddy top Forbes' Highest-Paid Hip-Hop Artists list, and now the Bad Boy label head returns on the World's Highest-Paid Musicians of 2013 list, although this time at #12 with $50 million.
As y'all know, Sundays are slow here at HNHH, which is reason enough to kill time with this completely arbitrary list.
For rappers, having a dope ride is more than just a mode of transportation. Yes, it does mean no more riding the bus. But purchasing a brand new whip is symbolic of their rise to the top.
From time, Busta Rhymes has been one of the most energetic performers in Hip-Hop. Anytime you hear of a live performance from Busta Rhymes and Spliff Star, you jump at the opportunity to see one hell of a show.
Although Lil Wayne seems to be very M.I.A. as of late (apart from being featured on a few random tracks here and there) there is hope of new Lil Wayne material on the way. And what's more, it'll be off Tha Carter V.
At the beginning of October we heard DJ Premier confirm that he will produce a full Nas album one day-- which got us excited, and also got us thinking about what other albums we're really, really hoping will drop in the not-so-distant future.
Halloween arrives tomorrow, and it's the time of the year where grown ass men and women can get away with dressing up as whatever they want, really, and usually for women, that involves showing as much skin as possible.
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"4,653 Views42 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival2,744 Views16 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport5,556 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See13,025 Views110 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans2,941 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum16,248 Views121 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?9,804 Views91 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby18,391 Views63 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus16,780 Views86 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"5,697 Views34 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works468 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds10,184 Views38 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice2,426 Views6 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More6,987 Views18 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC2,997 Views0 Comments