Fabolous is planning to take fans back to the '90s with his upcoming album The Young OG Project, due out on Christmas day. With the '90s era of hip-hop sitting heavy in his mind, we got Loso to reel off his top five reasons on why he loves the '90s.
While we anticipate Fabolous '90s-inspired album The Young OG Project, which the rapper says will contain plenty of samples and flips that harken back to hip-hop's Golden Age, we chopped it up with Loso at the Def Jam offices.
We've seen a few young rappers break out off of one song over the past few years, and a lot of different cities get shine because of it-- we had Chief Keef from Chicago, Bobby Shmurda from NYC, and most recently, DeJ Loaf putting on for Detroit.
It's no secret that hip-hop can stretch itself a bit thin as far as creativity is concerned. If artists were taxed every time they mentioned dollars, they'd all be broke. Fortunately, amongst the clones, several voices stand out from the crowd.
Jahlil Beats came through the office the other week, and sat down for a quick interview to let us know what exactly he's been up to these days, as he's been a bit absent on the producer circuit.
Some combos are classic like peanut butter and jelly or Oreos and milk or Cory and Shawn, and some take more getting used to, like chocolate and bacon, or french fries with a Frosty, or Jessica and Roger Rabbit. The idea of our favorite artists breaking genr
Today, a "posse cut" is more or less a marketing scheme. For a record label, what easier way is there to sell a single than by getting all of the biggest artists of the time and putting them on one song? It's like The Avengers for rap fans!
Over the last few years, the hip-hop producer has taken a huge step into the spotlight. With their credits often being seen in the song title, and their tag placed at the beginning of their tracks, they've become hard to miss.
In the last few years, a slew of new female artists have flooded the rap game, but the tide appears to be turning. More and more women are emerging as RnB artists, churning out sultry tunes and love ballads, each with their own unique twist.
It doesn't come as a surprise to know that the future of New York hip-hop looks extremely bright. Once the birthplace of rap, the city still harbors some of the best talent in the genre.
Art is often a collaborative process. Hip-hop is no exception. You know that feeling you get when two of your favorite artists work together? It’s amazing, right? We need to pursue that feeling.
In one of the magazine's more random features, Rolling Stone has gone ahead and compiled list of the 20 biggest songs of the summer from the past five years according to data provided by Billboard.
When dissecting a massive catalog such as Hov's to rank his best verses, you really have to break it up. It would be like ranking the Top 10 sports cars ever made, you'd have to go by decade to make it more feasible.
GQ magazine has named Kanye West's critically-heralded My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy as their best album of the 21st century.
Selfies are now a worldwide phenomenon. Yes, turning the camera on yourself has become an extremely popular act of our generation. Whether it's to show off your new look, a dope location or just to share your current emotion. We love selfies.
Last week we were blessed with the magic that is the artwork for Nicki Minaj's track "Anaconda". The artwork features Nicki in workout clothes (if a G-string is what you typically work out in, that is), J's and a whole lot of booty.
Jay Z is into art now. When your net-worth is in the 9-figure range, there comes a time when art-collecting is something you should at least try out-- still, the rapper has his share of critics when it comes to his newfound hobby.
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"2,006 Views23 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather10,322 Views23 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date30,102 Views108 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now9,938 Views23 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"2,543 Views20 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"3,738 Views22 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party2,587 Views22 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (April 24)1,154 Views6 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Cancels Tour Dates Following Illness6,389 Views48 Comments
- Ranking Fabolous' Friday Freestyles From Worst To Best6,518 Views35 Comments
- Dame Dash Is Suing His Ex-Wife For $2.5 Million5,607 Views28 Comments
- Lyrics On Big Sean's "Stay Down" Rumored To Play Part In Break-Up With Ariana Grande28,077 Views114 Comments
- Shady Music Publishing Signs Rapper/Producer Astray5,208 Views21 Comments
- Blac Chyna Puts Alleged Text Messages From Tyga On Blast42,989 Views122 Comments
- Islamic Terrorist Group ISIS Now Targeting Nike9,402 Views0 Comments