T-Pain is preparing for a new studio album, and after giving us a little appetizer with his Gangsta Grillz mixtape The Iron Way, he's ready to start really promoting the fifth album.
Just in time to give you more of those Monday blues, Forbes has released their world's highest-paid celebrities list. The list ranks the celebrities of all domains together, giving us a glimpse at the top 95 earners of celebrity-dom.
Fabolous is planning to take fans back to the '90s with his upcoming album The Young OG Project, due out on Christmas day. With the '90s era of hip-hop sitting heavy in his mind, we got Loso to reel off his top five reasons on why he loves the '90s.
While we anticipate Fabolous '90s-inspired album The Young OG Project, which the rapper says will contain plenty of samples and flips that harken back to hip-hop's Golden Age, we chopped it up with Loso at the Def Jam offices.
We've seen a few young rappers break out off of one song over the past few years, and a lot of different cities get shine because of it-- we had Chief Keef from Chicago, Bobby Shmurda from NYC, and most recently, DeJ Loaf putting on for Detroit.
It's no secret that hip-hop can stretch itself a bit thin as far as creativity is concerned. If artists were taxed every time they mentioned dollars, they'd all be broke. Fortunately, amongst the clones, several voices stand out from the crowd.
Jahlil Beats came through the office the other week, and sat down for a quick interview to let us know what exactly he's been up to these days, as he's been a bit absent on the producer circuit.
Some combos are classic like peanut butter and jelly or Oreos and milk or Cory and Shawn, and some take more getting used to, like chocolate and bacon, or french fries with a Frosty, or Jessica and Roger Rabbit. The idea of our favorite artists breaking genr
Today, a "posse cut" is more or less a marketing scheme. For a record label, what easier way is there to sell a single than by getting all of the biggest artists of the time and putting them on one song? It's like The Avengers for rap fans!
Over the last few years, the hip-hop producer has taken a huge step into the spotlight. With their credits often being seen in the song title, and their tag placed at the beginning of their tracks, they've become hard to miss.
In the last few years, a slew of new female artists have flooded the rap game, but the tide appears to be turning. More and more women are emerging as RnB artists, churning out sultry tunes and love ballads, each with their own unique twist.
It doesn't come as a surprise to know that the future of New York hip-hop looks extremely bright. Once the birthplace of rap, the city still harbors some of the best talent in the genre.
Art is often a collaborative process. Hip-hop is no exception. You know that feeling you get when two of your favorite artists work together? It’s amazing, right? We need to pursue that feeling.
In one of the magazine's more random features, Rolling Stone has gone ahead and compiled list of the 20 biggest songs of the summer from the past five years according to data provided by Billboard.
When dissecting a massive catalog such as Hov's to rank his best verses, you really have to break it up. It would be like ranking the Top 10 sports cars ever made, you'd have to go by decade to make it more feasible.
GQ magazine has named Kanye West's critically-heralded My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy as their best album of the 21st century.
Selfies are now a worldwide phenomenon. Yes, turning the camera on yourself has become an extremely popular act of our generation. Whether it's to show off your new look, a dope location or just to share your current emotion. We love selfies.
Last week we were blessed with the magic that is the artwork for Nicki Minaj's track "Anaconda". The artwork features Nicki in workout clothes (if a G-string is what you typically work out in, that is), J's and a whole lot of booty.
Jay Z is into art now. When your net-worth is in the 9-figure range, there comes a time when art-collecting is something you should at least try out-- still, the rapper has his share of critics when it comes to his newfound hobby.
- Stream Key!'s Surprise 3-Track EP "No One Is Ready 3" 1,202 Views8 Comments
- Meek Mill Trolls Fans On Twitter With Fake Drake Diss Record18,578 Views136 Comments
- Online Petition Started To Force Funkmaster Flex To Resign From Hot 9726,730 Views61 Comments
- 50 Cent On Jay Z: "There's No L On His Record"25,946 Views75 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 20- July 2610,894 Views13 Comments
- Tyler The Creator Says He's Banned From Australia 10,308 Views49 Comments
- Hip Hop Reacts To The Death Of Bobbi Kristina Brown7,361 Views17 Comments
- 5 Dope Tracks From Episode 2 Of OVO Sound Radio23,963 Views26 Comments
- Danny Brown Weighs In On Meek Mill & Drake's Ghostwriting Controversy33,458 Views109 Comments
- Will Smith & Jay Z To Executive Produce HBO Mini-Series7,647 Views17 Comments
- Drake's OVO Air Jordans Rank As The Most Valuable Sneaker Of The Second Quarter4,000 Views0 Comments
- The 10 Best Diss Tracks Of The 2010s29,428 Views137 Comments
- Ice-T & Coco Are Expecting Their First Child Together6,373 Views21 Comments
- The Weeknd Speaks On "Beauty Behind The Madness" In NY Times Profile10,296 Views32 Comments
- Joe Jackson Has Reportedly Suffered A Stroke3,766 Views27 Comments