The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53pm
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
Nas is a busy man these days. Rather he's always been busy, but now the legendary rapper is producing a brand new album in addition to co-writing his own autobiographical show, "Street Dreams," for Xbox. He will also produce music for the upcoming show.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Nas Will Perform “Illmatic,” With DJ Premier, In Its Entirety At BUKU Music+Art Project Feb 1, 2014 at 06:32pm
The 2014 BUKU Music + Art festival is upon us, and will feature a very special act. Nas is going to perform, and not only is he going to perform, but he'll be doing the entire, seminal Illmatic record in it entirety, back to front.
The thought of a sequel to Illmatic would make many a Hip-Hop aficionado shudder, equal in both excitement and nervousness. For good reason, too.
- 10 Essential Father Tracks1,811 Views5 Comments
- Jeremih Sued Over "Don't Tell 'Em" Artwork4,125 Views12 Comments
- Jordan Brand Gave Nicki Minaj Her Own 'Pink Print' Air Jordans2,116 Views0 Comments
- Ranking The NBA Playoffs Series' From Least To Most Compelling1,437 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 184,729 Views23 Comments
- Curtis Williams & Key! Arrested On Felony Charges9,288 Views27 Comments
- Stream Berner & B-Real's New EP "Prohibition 2"3,169 Views3 Comments
- 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week (April 11 - April 17)9,034 Views10 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party6,518 Views10 Comments
- New Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Leaked5,769 Views0 Comments
- HNHH Staff Picks Playlist (April 17)4,169 Views18 Comments
- "Barter 6" Is A Mixtape; Young Thug's Debut Album Will Drop In August39,152 Views182 Comments
- 2 Chainz Sued $1.5 Million For Alleged Contract Breach12,313 Views22 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (April 17)2,840 Views3 Comments
- OVO x Toronto Raptors Playoff T-Shirts Unveiled3,071 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- Kendrick Lamar "King Kunta" BTS Video2,735 Views