Have you ever been listening to a hip-hop album from top to bottom and realized that every word, every beat and every cadence is an almost perfect representation of the city you're from?
In a stroke of branded content genius, Marvel is planning to release 50 reimaginations of classic rap album covers as comic book covers featuring characters from the Marvel universe.
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53pm
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
Nas is a busy man these days. Rather he's always been busy, but now the legendary rapper is producing a brand new album in addition to co-writing his own autobiographical show, "Street Dreams," for Xbox. He will also produce music for the upcoming show.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Nas Will Perform “Illmatic,” With DJ Premier, In Its Entirety At BUKU Music+Art Project Feb 1, 2014 at 06:32pm
The 2014 BUKU Music + Art festival is upon us, and will feature a very special act. Nas is going to perform, and not only is he going to perform, but he'll be doing the entire, seminal Illmatic record in it entirety, back to front.
The thought of a sequel to Illmatic would make many a Hip-Hop aficionado shudder, equal in both excitement and nervousness. For good reason, too.
- Rick Ross Dropping New Music With The Dream Tomorrow4,063 Views20 Comments
- The White House Responds To Kanye West's Presidency Bid38,648 Views108 Comments
- Review: The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"17,359 Views95 Comments
- Lupe Fiasco Collecting Fans' Copies Of "Lasers" So He Can Destroy Them18,537 Views62 Comments
- Top Tracks: August 24 - August 306,250 Views10 Comments
- Rick Ross To Release New Album "Black Dollar" This Week14,164 Views73 Comments
- Trick Daddy Files For Bankruptcy5,367 Views22 Comments
- Kanye West Hosting Next Year's VMAs Is Reportedly "On The Table"7,170 Views23 Comments
- The Weeknd Talks "BBTM," Working With Kanye West, Influences6,660 Views19 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Announces "Rodeo" Tour Dates11,129 Views55 Comments
- Isaiah Rashad Teases A New Project Coming Soon7,936 Views36 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Critiques Miley Cyrus' Hosting Duties At MTV VMAs23,507 Views62 Comments
- "Straight Outta Compton" Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic Ever8,524 Views43 Comments