The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
Nas is a busy man these days. Rather he's always been busy, but now the legendary rapper is producing a brand new album in addition to co-writing his own autobiographical show, "Street Dreams," for Xbox. He will also produce music for the upcoming show.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Nas Will Perform “Illmatic,” With DJ Premier, In Its Entirety At BUKU Music+Art Project Feb 1, 2014 at 18:32
The 2014 BUKU Music + Art festival is upon us, and will feature a very special act. Nas is going to perform, and not only is he going to perform, but he'll be doing the entire, seminal Illmatic record in it entirety, back to front.
The thought of a sequel to Illmatic would make many a Hip-Hop aficionado shudder, equal in both excitement and nervousness. For good reason, too.
- Forgot About Dre: Tracking Dr. Dre's Last Five Years250 Views1 Comment
- Kanye West Is Headlining KIIS FM’s Wango Tango Event527 Views9 Comments
- Drake's OVO x Mitchell & Ness 'Raptors' Collab Officially Unveiled868 Views0 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: See The LOX Live In Brooklyn118 Views0 Comments
- T-Pain Says He's Not Making A "Comeback," Explains Aaliyah Collaboration3,422 Views8 Comments
- Lit At LIV: 5 Altercations At The Miami Club3,979 Views10 Comments
- Stream OG Maco's "I Made This Shit Before 'U Guessed It'" Compilation2,750 Views6 Comments
- Lil Durk's Manager Reportedly Killed In Chicago Shooting11,455 Views27 Comments
- 40 Vs. Boi-1da7,752 Views41 Comments
- Stream Eric Bellinger's "Birthday Gifts" EP2,827 Views5 Comments
- Social Media Roasts West Virginia Following Blowout Loss To Kentucky5,143 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Has The First No. 1 Album Ever With "Pimp" In Its Title16,497 Views97 Comments
- Lil Wayne Joins Instagram22,550 Views45 Comments
- TBT: The Roots3,426 Views2 Comments
- Dame Dash Confirms He And Kanye West Are Buying Karmaloop23,279 Views39 Comments