It all seemed like fantastic, luxurious, one-percent-y fun and games during the initial TIDAL press conference.
The last time a protest movement arose around the murder of a young black man by police, The Game was quick to respond with "Don't Shoot," a song that recruited an all-star cast of rappers to speak out against police violence.
Poetic license is not a new concept. The idea of poetic license can be traced back to the Greco-Roman classical era and is derived from the Latin words, 'poeta' ('maker') and 'licentia' ('to be permitted,' 'liberty').
Back in October, many industry insiders were surprised by the early sales estimates for T.I.'s most recent album, Paperwork. After a day of sales, forecasts had the album selling roughly 70,000 units in its opening week.
The trend of surprise albums has definitely caused a shift in the traditional method of releasing music. Interviews, music videos and singles are still protocol (well, usually), but we’ve watched the likes of Jay Z, Beyonce, Kanye West, Skrillex, J.
It appears XXL may not actually end all print editions of the hip-hop magazine, at least, this is according to their Editor-in-Chief Vanessa Satten.
In case you're living under a rock and missed the story, Suge Knight caught a few strays the other night at a VMA pre-party. This raises a few burning questions that need to be answered. First, who's still inviting Suge Knight to these parties?
As much as we think times change, they really don't. We like the music we like, regardless of what our parents think. Then something even newer comes out, and we say it isn't as good as the old days.
A straight shot up I94, and almost 300 miles from Detroit, Chicago’s drill scene is currently making waves for the Midwest.The city that is currently more known for its violence than its wind, beautiful architecture and tasty signature deep dish pizza has ca
Rapper, Lyricist, Rhymesayer. All labels for one person: the MC. The MC not only has many different aliases but comes with many different personalities: the gangster, the conscious individual, the partygoer, the player, the everyperson.
In the '90s the rap and R&B scenes had really emerged in to their own distinctiveness. The R&B scene was dominated by acts like Jodeci, Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah, SWV, Ginuwine, Mariah Carey, Brandy and Monica and many many more.
In 2005, the largest residential disaster in U.S. history hit the South and destroyed the city of New Orleans. 80 percent of the city was flooded, with flood waters ranging from one to ten feet in depth.
- Stream Dreezy's "Call It What You Want" EP1,305 Views3 Comments
- VH1 Announces Premiere Date For The Game's Dating Show "She's Got Game"5,382 Views37 Comments
- Mariah Carey To Get Her Own Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame2,105 Views18 Comments
- Shy Glizzy Arrested In Maryland13,224 Views16 Comments
- David Banner Sues Young Money Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties9,820 Views32 Comments
- Fetty Wap The First Male Rapper To Have Two Top 10 Singles Since Lil Wayne26,212 Views152 Comments
- Damian Lillard Releases New Song Using Classic Jadakiss Beat2,058 Views0 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Announces "Family Matters" Tour5,013 Views9 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Says Kanye West Almost Narrated "Surf"6,542 Views16 Comments
- 7 Times Rappers Trolled The World16,177 Views21 Comments
- Young Thug Waives His Preliminary Hearing In Terroristic Threats Case10,484 Views27 Comments
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Cover Complex3,972 Views50 Comments
- Ebro Speaks On Funk Flex Fiasco, Responds To Power 105.125,675 Views51 Comments
- Charlamagne Tha God Gives Funkmaster Flex "Donkey Of The Day"34,826 Views61 Comments
- Mac Miller's Journey To Finish His 3rd Studio Album12,636 Views43 Comments
You may also like...