The last time a protest movement arose around the murder of a young black man by police, The Game was quick to respond with "Don't Shoot," a song that recruited an all-star cast of rappers to speak out against police violence.
Poetic license is not a new concept. The idea of poetic license can be traced back to the Greco-Roman classical era and is derived from the Latin words, 'poeta' ('maker') and 'licentia' ('to be permitted,' 'liberty').
Back in October, many industry insiders were surprised by the early sales estimates for T.I.'s most recent album, Paperwork. After a day of sales, forecasts had the album selling roughly 70,000 units in its opening week.
The trend of surprise albums has definitely caused a shift in the traditional method of releasing music. Interviews, music videos and singles are still protocol (well, usually), but we’ve watched the likes of Jay Z, Beyonce, Kanye West, Skrillex, J.
It appears XXL may not actually end all print editions of the hip-hop magazine, at least, this is according to their Editor-in-Chief Vanessa Satten.
In case you're living under a rock and missed the story, Suge Knight caught a few strays the other night at a VMA pre-party. This raises a few burning questions that need to be answered. First, who's still inviting Suge Knight to these parties?
As much as we think times change, they really don't. We like the music we like, regardless of what our parents think. Then something even newer comes out, and we say it isn't as good as the old days.
A straight shot up I94, and almost 300 miles from Detroit, Chicago’s drill scene is currently making waves for the Midwest.The city that is currently more known for its violence than its wind, beautiful architecture and tasty signature deep dish pizza has ca
Rapper, Lyricist, Rhymesayer. All labels for one person: the MC. The MC not only has many different aliases but comes with many different personalities: the gangster, the conscious individual, the partygoer, the player, the everyperson.
In the '90s the rap and R&B scenes had really emerged in to their own distinctiveness. The R&B scene was dominated by acts like Jodeci, Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah, SWV, Ginuwine, Mariah Carey, Brandy and Monica and many many more.
In 2005, the largest residential disaster in U.S. history hit the South and destroyed the city of New Orleans. 80 percent of the city was flooded, with flood waters ranging from one to ten feet in depth.
- This ASAP Mob T-Shirt Is Pissing Off Memorial Day Shoppers0 Views0 Comments
- Gucci Mane Photo Exhibition To Take Place In Atlanta Church590 Views15 Comments
- Vine Killed The Radio Star: Examining The Platform's Creation Of Rap Phenoms1,415 Views9 Comments
- Soulja No Swiping: 6 Times Soulja Boy Stole Another Rapper's Flow13,292 Views48 Comments
- Drake Says He's Expanding OVO Fest To Another City9,689 Views32 Comments
- Sauce Walka Calls Out Drake For Houston Appreciation Weekend, Drake Responds17,072 Views53 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Allegedly Demanding A Lot More Child Support11,570 Views54 Comments
- Drake Swaps "Madonna" Lyrics For "Rihanna" During Houston Show18,926 Views41 Comments
- Stream Dizzy Wright's Album "The Growing Process"4,333 Views11 Comments
- Tyson Beckford Takes Selfie With Karrueche Tran, Chris Brown Is Pissed33,043 Views100 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Songs To Soundtrack Your Summer5,602 Views7 Comments
- Rihanna And DC Comics Beefing Over "Robyn" Trademark14,292 Views38 Comments
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"16,084 Views53 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece38,131 Views52 Comments
- Underrated Audio: May 17 - May 234,418 Views1 Comment