Yesterday, The Game surprised us all by announcing that his long-awaited sequel to 2005's The Documentary would span two discs and 38 tracks. Unless you're a ride-or-die Game fan, this news may come as a disappointment.
It all seemed like fantastic, luxurious, one-percent-y fun and games during the initial TIDAL press conference.
The last time a protest movement arose around the murder of a young black man by police, The Game was quick to respond with "Don't Shoot," a song that recruited an all-star cast of rappers to speak out against police violence.
Poetic license is not a new concept. The idea of poetic license can be traced back to the Greco-Roman classical era and is derived from the Latin words, 'poeta' ('maker') and 'licentia' ('to be permitted,' 'liberty').
Back in October, many industry insiders were surprised by the early sales estimates for T.I.'s most recent album, Paperwork. After a day of sales, forecasts had the album selling roughly 70,000 units in its opening week.
The trend of surprise albums has definitely caused a shift in the traditional method of releasing music. Interviews, music videos and singles are still protocol (well, usually), but we’ve watched the likes of Jay Z, Beyonce, Kanye West, Skrillex, J.
It appears XXL may not actually end all print editions of the hip-hop magazine, at least, this is according to their Editor-in-Chief Vanessa Satten.
In case you're living under a rock and missed the story, Suge Knight caught a few strays the other night at a VMA pre-party. This raises a few burning questions that need to be answered. First, who's still inviting Suge Knight to these parties?
As much as we think times change, they really don't. We like the music we like, regardless of what our parents think. Then something even newer comes out, and we say it isn't as good as the old days.
A straight shot up I94, and almost 300 miles from Detroit, Chicago’s drill scene is currently making waves for the Midwest.The city that is currently more known for its violence than its wind, beautiful architecture and tasty signature deep dish pizza has ca
Rapper, Lyricist, Rhymesayer. All labels for one person: the MC. The MC not only has many different aliases but comes with many different personalities: the gangster, the conscious individual, the partygoer, the player, the everyperson.
In the '90s the rap and R&B scenes had really emerged in to their own distinctiveness. The R&B scene was dominated by acts like Jodeci, Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah, SWV, Ginuwine, Mariah Carey, Brandy and Monica and many many more.
In 2005, the largest residential disaster in U.S. history hit the South and destroyed the city of New Orleans. 80 percent of the city was flooded, with flood waters ranging from one to ten feet in depth.
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"643 Views7 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama1,268 Views15 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title5,565 Views46 Comments
- Kanye West Says People Who Act Like They Don't Like The Yeezy Boosts Are Racist3,390 Views0 Comments
- Rihanna Covers Vanity Fair; Talks Past Relationship With Chris Brown & More10,631 Views34 Comments
- Top Tracks: September 28 - October 417,319 Views30 Comments
- Bobby Shmurda Denied Bail Yet Again, Trial Set For 201631,963 Views148 Comments
- Will Smith Says He's Planning World Tour With DJ Jazzy Jeff 8,524 Views59 Comments
- 5 Things To Know About The Sauce Twinz20,670 Views181 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Announces "Intimate" 8-City Tour23,656 Views187 Comments
- MissInfo Announces Her Departure From HOT 9710,829 Views34 Comments
- CC Sabathia Announces That He's Checking Into Rehab And Will Miss The Playoffs3,120 Views0 Comments
- 6 Artists Who Cut Ties With Their (Former) Crews22,606 Views29 Comments
- Drake & Future's "WATTBA" Suffers 81% Drop In Album Sales 60,846 Views292 Comments
You may also like...