The last time a protest movement arose around the murder of a young black man by police, The Game was quick to respond with "Don't Shoot," a song that recruited an all-star cast of rappers to speak out against police violence.
Poetic license is not a new concept. The idea of poetic license can be traced back to the Greco-Roman classical era and is derived from the Latin words, 'poeta' ('maker') and 'licentia' ('to be permitted,' 'liberty').
Back in October, many industry insiders were surprised by the early sales estimates for T.I.'s most recent album, Paperwork. After a day of sales, forecasts had the album selling roughly 70,000 units in its opening week.
The trend of surprise albums has definitely caused a shift in the traditional method of releasing music. Interviews, music videos and singles are still protocol (well, usually), but we’ve watched the likes of Jay Z, Beyonce, Kanye West, Skrillex, J.
It appears XXL may not actually end all print editions of the hip-hop magazine, at least, this is according to their Editor-in-Chief Vanessa Satten.
In case you're living under a rock and missed the story, Suge Knight caught a few strays the other night at a VMA pre-party. This raises a few burning questions that need to be answered. First, who's still inviting Suge Knight to these parties?
As much as we think times change, they really don't. We like the music we like, regardless of what our parents think. Then something even newer comes out, and we say it isn't as good as the old days.
A straight shot up I94, and almost 300 miles from Detroit, Chicago’s drill scene is currently making waves for the Midwest.The city that is currently more known for its violence than its wind, beautiful architecture and tasty signature deep dish pizza has ca
Rapper, Lyricist, Rhymesayer. All labels for one person: the MC. The MC not only has many different aliases but comes with many different personalities: the gangster, the conscious individual, the partygoer, the player, the everyperson.
In the '90s the rap and R&B scenes had really emerged in to their own distinctiveness. The R&B scene was dominated by acts like Jodeci, Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah, SWV, Ginuwine, Mariah Carey, Brandy and Monica and many many more.
In 2005, the largest residential disaster in U.S. history hit the South and destroyed the city of New Orleans. 80 percent of the city was flooded, with flood waters ranging from one to ten feet in depth.
- A$AP Rocky Shot A Short Film Starring Skepta & Novelist185 Views0 Comments
- Joe Budden Reveals "All Love Lost" Cover Art1,643 Views14 Comments
- Waka Flocka Disses Donald Trump On Twitter7,174 Views35 Comments
- Kanye West Is Reportedly The Lone Feature On The Weeknd's Upcoming Album10,052 Views34 Comments
- Drake Hints Willow Smith Will Appear On "Views From The 6"14,220 Views94 Comments
- Action Bronson Now Selling Personalized Verses, Insults, & Birthday Greetings6,839 Views17 Comments
- Adidas Yeezy Boost Concept Headphones Unveiled3,604 Views0 Comments
- DJ Mustard Is Working On "Hard" New Material With Britney Spears8,591 Views30 Comments
- Meek Mill Reveals Pre-Jail "DWMTM" Songs Will Be Released Soon25,327 Views91 Comments
- OG Maco Clarifies His Criticism Of Travi$ Scott's "3500"16,748 Views52 Comments
- ASAP Rocky: "The Rita Ora Thing Was Tasteless Of Me"19,600 Views32 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th14,938 Views29 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"9,396 Views31 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show11,391 Views24 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks6,252 Views2 Comments
You may also like...
- Meek Mill Feat. Future "Jump Out The Face" Video14,803 Views
- Drake Previews "Energy" Video5,814 Views