It all seemed like fantastic, luxurious, one-percent-y fun and games during the initial TIDAL press conference.
The last time a protest movement arose around the murder of a young black man by police, The Game was quick to respond with "Don't Shoot," a song that recruited an all-star cast of rappers to speak out against police violence.
Poetic license is not a new concept. The idea of poetic license can be traced back to the Greco-Roman classical era and is derived from the Latin words, 'poeta' ('maker') and 'licentia' ('to be permitted,' 'liberty').
Back in October, many industry insiders were surprised by the early sales estimates for T.I.'s most recent album, Paperwork. After a day of sales, forecasts had the album selling roughly 70,000 units in its opening week.
The trend of surprise albums has definitely caused a shift in the traditional method of releasing music. Interviews, music videos and singles are still protocol (well, usually), but we’ve watched the likes of Jay Z, Beyonce, Kanye West, Skrillex, J.
It appears XXL may not actually end all print editions of the hip-hop magazine, at least, this is according to their Editor-in-Chief Vanessa Satten.
In case you're living under a rock and missed the story, Suge Knight caught a few strays the other night at a VMA pre-party. This raises a few burning questions that need to be answered. First, who's still inviting Suge Knight to these parties?
As much as we think times change, they really don't. We like the music we like, regardless of what our parents think. Then something even newer comes out, and we say it isn't as good as the old days.
A straight shot up I94, and almost 300 miles from Detroit, Chicago’s drill scene is currently making waves for the Midwest.The city that is currently more known for its violence than its wind, beautiful architecture and tasty signature deep dish pizza has ca
Rapper, Lyricist, Rhymesayer. All labels for one person: the MC. The MC not only has many different aliases but comes with many different personalities: the gangster, the conscious individual, the partygoer, the player, the everyperson.
In the '90s the rap and R&B scenes had really emerged in to their own distinctiveness. The R&B scene was dominated by acts like Jodeci, Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah, SWV, Ginuwine, Mariah Carey, Brandy and Monica and many many more.
In 2005, the largest residential disaster in U.S. history hit the South and destroyed the city of New Orleans. 80 percent of the city was flooded, with flood waters ranging from one to ten feet in depth.
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"2,432 Views27 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival1,685 Views11 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport4,006 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See9,018 Views95 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans2,201 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum13,172 Views103 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?7,971 Views77 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby15,974 Views56 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus13,743 Views77 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"4,847 Views32 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works406 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds8,896 Views36 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice2,148 Views6 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More6,198 Views17 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC2,747 Views0 Comments