The Weeknd's "Starboy" makes a return to the top of the album charts, while "Bad and Boujee" takes over the Hot 100.
This week belongs to The Weeknd, who gets back the top spot on the Billboard 200 with Starboy, his third studio album. The artist replaces A Pentatonix Christmas, which fell all the way from #1 to #41. Woah. Bruno Mars, Drake, J. Cole, and the Suicide Squad soundtrack also catch airtime in the top 10. Without a lot of new releases, the chart looks pretty similar to weeks past, but it's certainly worth mentioning that Post Malone's Stoney and 21 Savage & Metro Boomin's Savage Mode had great weeks with solid growth.
1) The Weeknd — Starboy: Back at #1 is The Weeknd with Starboy. Abel Tesfaye was sitting at #2 this time last week, but has regained the throne with an infectious, modern R&B album. It's his third studio effort and does 69,408 TAEU and 17,901 sales this week.
2) Bruno Mars — 24K Magic: At the same #3 spot as he was in last week is Bruno Mars. 24K Magic is riding high on the single of the same name, and adds 45,485 TAEU and 23,871 sales to its success.
3) Drake – VIEWS: For a couple weeks there, it seemed like Drake's VIEWS was going to float out of the top portion of the Billboard 200. However, the Canadian artist has jumped right back into the mix, popping up at #4 this week with 40,754 TAEU and 13,342 sales.
4) J. Cole — 4 Your Eyez Only: J. Cole's fourth studio album debuted at #1, and comes in at #5 this week, just one spot lower than last week. The album claims 38,766 TAEU and 15,477 sales this time around.
5) Various Artists — Suicide Squad: The Album: The hottest soundtrack of 2016 jumps up from #10 to #9 this week. Suicide Squad: The Album has been hugely successful due to submissions by Rick Ross, Skrillex, Wiz Khalifa, Eminem, Lil Wayne, and more. The compilation does 26,733 TAEU and 11,029 sales this week.
6) Post Malone — Stoney: Despite less than great reviews, Post Malone's Stoney jumps from #25 to #14 this week. The debut studio album rang up 23,864 TAEU and 2,882 sales in its fourth week on the charts.
7) Rihanna — ANTI: Rihanna's eighth studio album ANTI has been wildly successful, and is celebrating its 50th week on the charts at #16. This week, album claims 22,939 TAEU and 4,159 sales to its name.
8) Rae Sremmurd — SremmLife 2: The Rae Sremmurd boys' sophomore album was a slow burner, but it's finally been crushing the Billboard charts. This week the full-length appears at the #17 spot and clocks 22,163 TAEU with 2,029 sales.
9) Travis Scott — Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight: In addition to being one of the top-billed artists at Bonnaroo this year, Travis Scott is also doing pretty great on the Billboard charts. His second album rings in 19,778 TAEU and 4,473 sales in its 18th week.
10) 21 Savage & Metro Boomin — Savage Mode: The collaborative project between these two heavy hitters is climbing the charts: jumping from #37 to #24 in the last week. With 16,202 TAEU and 1,033 sales, it's a good cycle for the ATLiens.
Migos' "Bad and Bougee" replaces Rae Sremmurd's "Black Beatles" this week, swapping #1 and #2 spots and crowning the Migos boys with the hottest song in America. The Hot 100's top 10 also features The Weeknd, Nicki Minaj, Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Justin Bieber, Drake, and Machine Gun Kelly, so it's a pretty epic week generally for the genre. Travis Scott's "Biebs in the Trap" debuts at #93 this week, and Ugly God's "Water" debuts at #100. Splash!