Music Industry Execs Vote Rap As Most Despised Genre, Give Tidal A Year At Best Aug 26, 2015 at 03:06pm
Billboard sent out a poll to 50 or so of the top music industry execs earlier this year, and they've now begun to roll out the results.
It’s always a joyous occasion when Chris Brown and Tyga link up. The two party boys aren't here to strain your mind necessarily, rather, they're here to ensure you have a good time with easy-listening, pop-leaning music.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
Without releasing an album, Drake has completely dominated the first two thirds or so of 2014, staying on the tip of everyone's tongues by delivering unexpected fireballs like "0 To 100/The Catch Up" and "Draft Day." But more so than anything else, the reason
Bobby Shmurda has without question had the most meteoric rise to the top in hip-hop this summer, going from hundreds to millions of YouTube views in a matter of days. Along with the "Shmoney Dance" Vine, his song "Hot Nigga" is much to blame for that rise.
Rae Sremmurd have become known for two reasons: their connection to Mike WiLL Made It (hence their name being "Ear Drummers" backwards) and their nearly ubiquitous hit "No Flex Zone." Lately, the track has inspired hip-hop heavyweights like Nicki Minaj, Pusha
For the past two weeks, we've been polling you on your favorite versions of popular tracks. Last week Kevin Gates (somewhat surprisingly) took the cake in the "Cut Her Off" battle, and the week prior, G-Unit won the "0 To 100" contest by a landslide.
Ever since Drake dropped off "0 To 100" right in the middle of Summer Jam on June 1st, rappers from every corner of the game have been clamoring to hop on the track, with everyone from Juicy J to Joell Ortiz spitting over Boi-1da, 40 and Nineteen85's ill produ
Take note, aspiring rappers - if you create a single that's both catchy and infectious enough to catch the ear of the mainstream, you could be thrust into the limelight sooner than you think (establishing connections doesn't hurt, either).
- Kanye West Was Reportedly Set To Perform At This Year's VMAs10,656 Views28 Comments
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week3,136 Views16 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers14,308 Views33 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit20,334 Views43 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,0001,685 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20153,332 Views5 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign16,033 Views41 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK9,586 Views29 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL2,563 Views16 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"15,143 Views49 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida10,154 Views77 Comments
- Chris Brown Is Being Sued By A Fan Who Was Injured At His Show7,745 Views20 Comments
- Top-8 September Sneaker Releases To Watch For2,642 Views0 Comments
- Powerhouse 2015 Line-Up Includes Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Future & More11,806 Views56 Comments
- De La Soul Recruit Usher, Snoop Dogg, 2 Chainz, Pete Rock & More For New Album4,679 Views9 Comments
You may also like...
- K Camp Freestyles On Funkmaster Flex420 Views
- Tinashe "Bet" x "Feels Like Vegas" Video2,663 Views
- Majid Jordan Feat. Drake "My Love" Video9,140 Views