Many independent artists wonder how to get their music on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, and other stores. The reality is, you don’t have to be signed to a major label – all you need is a digital distributor.
We recommend using industry leader TuneCore if you’re looking for a trustworthy and transparent service. For an affordable fee, TuneCore will host your album or single on all the major stores and streaming platforms. You get to keep all your rights and 100% of the sales revenue. Learn more hereSell Your Music
HOTNEWHIPHOP Submission Guidebook
All you aspiring artists out there, we see you. As we tend to receive an overwhelming amount of music submissions, we’ve decided to streamline the process. From this point on, all submissions shall be done on this page. The days of sliding into the DMs have come to an end.
In order to facilitate the process for everyone, please adhere to the following guidelines.
- Submissions are always open.
- Submit a maximum of ONE song per day. Even if you’ve got heat in the stash.
- All submissions must be Soundcloud or Youtube links.
- Do not submit the same song within the same week. Any duplicates will be automatically deleted.
- No freestyles over licensed or copyrighted beats. We only accept original material, and that includes production. Also, be sure credit your producers accordingly.
- SPAM will not be tolerated. Any attempts at flooding our system will lead to disqualification and banned accounts.
Our submission period is always open, and songs are selected weekly by our team of editors. Every Saturday and Sunday, two songs will be selected and featured on the homepage. Best of luck.
We’ve recently started running a feature called “3 Artists You Should Hear,” which has been a success on the site. Basically, if we’re really feeling your music, you might find yourself included. Check out previous installments of the series right here.