Childish Gambino and Rae Sremmurd are hitting the road.
After rumors of an imminent retirement began to swirl, Donald Glover previously assuaged our doubts with some bittersweet news, announcing a final album from musical brainchild Childish Gambino. While his critically acclaimed album Awaken, My Love albums tested the patience of those on a strictly hip-hop diet, the project remained an interesting and diverse exploration of some adventurous sonics. In short, Glover's artistry evolved from the days of "Gambino is a mastermind," into someone capable of crafting the timeless RnB, funk-inspired banger that is "Redbone." Clearly, the man is operating on different wavelengths.
On that note, Rae Sremmurd have been hitting the grindstone, with a trifecta of new singles whetting our appetites for the year's first triple album. Unlike Glover, the young duo seem to be on the outset of their careers, which will no doubt prove fruitful for years to come. While Swae Lee and Slim Jxmmi are still evolving as artists, this upcoming leviathan of a project will give them ample room to showcase what their truly capable of. The future looks bright.
Now, the forces have collided to deliver what promises to be an exciting live experience. This September, Childish Gambino and Rae Sremmurd will be hitting the road for a string of thirteen shows. We already know Sremmurd's project will be out by then, but perhaps a fall tour signifies a window for Gambino's impending release. Only time will tell. Check out the full list of dates below.
- Thu Sep 06 Atlanta, GA Infinite Energy Arena
- Sat Sep 08 Chicago, IL United Center
- Mon Sep 10 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
- Wed Sep 12 Boston, MA TD Garden
- Fri Sep 14 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
- Tue Sep 18 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
- Wed Sep 19 Washington DC Capital One Arena
- Sat Sep 22 Houston, TX Toyota Center
- Sun Sep 23 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
- Wed Sept 26 Los Angeles, CA The Forum
- Thu Sept 27 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
- Sat Sept 29 Seattle, WA KeyArena
- Sun Sep 30 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena